56 Year Old with Heavy Face and Malar Mounds Deserves a Lift Too! - Vancouver, BC

I've had Botox and fillers to my lower face in the...

I've had Botox and fillers to my lower face in the past. These treatments didn't help at all. I've been told by both the dermatologist and a another prominent PS (advertises HEAVILY on this site) that because I have such a heavy face and prominent malar mounds (I had to look up the meaning of malar mounds!) that the results of Botox, fillers, and even a facelift would not be 'noticeable'. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed.

I then found this site and other ladies with the same issues. They all had success with their procedures. With renewed optimism I renewed my search for a PS. My girlfriend had a facelift with Dr. Brown and she looks gorgeous! So of course I booked a consult. Dr. Brown was patient and answered all of my questions. We talked about the good, the bad, and the ugly. He showed me volumes of before and after facelift pictures including those of women whose faces were similar to mine. He does great work. I felt so at ease and in good hands even before I met his vey caring and knowledgeable nurse Tanya. She's been a joy to work with.

I had a brow lift and blepharoplasty in 2004 with wonderful results that have lasted to this day. I still can't believe the before and afters!!! The PS who did these procedures has since retired. So, I have some experience with PS. I'm hoping for similar results this time around.

After learning about a 'heavy face' and 'malar mounds' from this site, I started lymphatic massage and that helped reduce the puffiness in my face and in particular the malar mounds. I'm so excited about these changes and the changes to come! One more week.....

I've included before pictures.

Tomorrow's the big day!!!

My surgery is tomorrow at 10:00am-facelift, necklift, and fat transfer. I'm spending the night at the surgery clinic and will be discharged on Friday morning when my son will pick me up and drive me home where my husband and furry babies will be waiting.

I'm looking forward to being on the other side.

It's good to be on the other side

I have to say this was much more painful than I thought it would be. The pain is mainly in the neck area and in particular where the draining tube was placed. the It was removed this morning. I stayed overnight and in hindsight that was a very good decision. The nurses were brilliant and attentive. I felt incredibly cared for and in good hands. It was a rough night so I needed the extra TLC.
I'm quite swollen with lots of lumps and bumps but deep down I can see there is a much refreshed and beautiful me lurking. I'm trying not to look in mirrors and to give my face time to heal.

Behind the ears pictures

The RN shaved my hair prior to surgery. The atrpictures from behind.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon