Removed Large Implants After 14 Years and Replaced with Lift and Smaller Implants - Murray, UT

I had a breast augmentation with 400cc saline...

I had a breast augmentation with 400cc saline implants 14 years ago. I never wanted to go that big, but I didn't want to do a lift either. So I took the advice of my doctor and just "filled up the extra space I had" (that darned child-birthing process). It was fine for me for many years, but now that I am 45, and gravity (as well as my wardrobe priorities) has become a factor, I began to really hate them.

So I decided to do a re-augmentation with a lift and new implants, 200cc saline. I am one week post-op and I'm very happy!

In order to use smaller implants, my doctor explained that I would either need to have my capsules removed or shrunken. Allowing them to shrink naturally for six weeks prior to my surgery was by far the best option for me, financially as well as pain and recovery. It was a 15 minute office visit to have my implants drained with a syringe. It was quick and painless, except for emotionally, when I saw my shriveled breasts. But don't worry ladies! They really do "fluff up" on their own after a couple of weeks. Actually, they looked so good I almost second-guessed my decision to have the new implants put in. However, I went through with it, and I am absolutely ecstatic over the results! For me this was absolutely the best decision I could have made.

I suppose I should also mention that I had absolutely zero medical symptoms in anyway related to my previous implants. I feel terrible for women who have had that experience...but I never had any issues with mine.

9 days post-op

I saw my doctor yesterday and he was extremely pleased with himself, lol! I'm happy too :)

Old implants

These are the 14-year-old implants I just removed.

About 2 weeks after draining

This is about two weeks after draining do you old implants while waiting for my capsules to shrink naturally prior to Re-do
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

I love my doctor to bits! If he wasn't married I would kiss him!! So glad I chose him. I can't imagine having gone anywhere else.