48 Year Old in Need of Some "Remodeling"

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

48 Year Old in Need of Some "Remodeling"

I chose my provider by personal recommendations, research and location. I would have liked to see more of his "before and after" photos, but I guess they are the property of the office in which he used to work. He is new in my area and didn't have a lot of photos, but I had a chance to visit with some of his recent patients and read the reviews at his previous practice.
In general, I am an active person who enjoys outdoor activities, racket sports, water sports and working out. I am in good health and my weight is about where is should be.
I had a mini tuck in 2007, but I still have some loose skin, some muscle separation and a bit of fat on my tummy. That will, hopefully, all be taken care of soon. I will also have lipo on my lower back, muffin top. I always thought of my breasts as one of my finer features - that is until the last few years. They have been getting larger and larger and the effects of aging and gravity have taken a toll on them. Hopefully, I will begin to think of them as one of my finer assets after my breast reduction.

Getting close to surgery day and I am…

Getting close to surgery day and I am extremely nervous!
I called yesterday and found out that Blue Cross denied coverage for the breast reduction. A letter is coming to explain the denial.
Here are some breast and body pictures.

Here are a coupe of pictures from my…

Here are a coupe of pictures from my markings. You see the bottom of a swimsuit. That is because I wanted to make sure that all the scarring will be inside the swimsuit. I also had the top, but didn't want to get Sharpie markings on it, as it is a reversible top. I brought it to show him the size of swimsuit top I would like to fit into with out falling out or looking like I'm trying to fit into a top that is waaay to small. We spend our summers on a boat - so this sizing was really important to me. I have not taken any pictures of scars. As a matter of fact - I have not even looked at them. I have no desire to. I told dr. M that I will probably cry every time I see the scars around my nipples - until they are really healed up. He said "don't look then". Surgery was Tuesday and today is Saturday. I am feeling much better today. I have my alarm set on my phone to remind me when to take my meds. This is especially helpful in the night so that I don't wake up in raging pain. I actually slept through 2 alarms of hrdromorphine and diazipam last night! I didn't wake up in pain and realized I must have had a really good night's sleep. I will post some pictures of scars when I get enough guts to look. By the way - no shower yet - just using body wipes and that seems to be working.

I had my drains removed today. Day 9. It…

I had my drains removed today. Day 9. It doesn't hurt. It's just a strange feeling. Most of the pain I am dealing with right now is because of a cough I developed 2 days after surgery!! I thought I was coming apart from the inside!!! I must be healing pretty well because the coughing doesn't hurt quite as much. Still hurts. Now I have developed a full blown cold. I guess it's a good thing I didn't have any plans this weekend. All else is well. The pictures are from my first shower - which was not good. I swore I wasn't going to take another one until the drains came out, but I broke down and took one today before they came out. The other picture is of my set up, by my recliner. I also had gloves, alcohol, body cleansing wipes and dry shampoo (don't care for) in the bathroom.

Well here I am 2 weeks and 1 day past…

Well here I am 2 weeks and 1 day past surgery. I think yesterday was a day for turning corners. No narcotics for pain for several days. Tylenol when some relief is needed. Nipples are hurting to hurt when I get cold - I guess that's a good sign. I drove myself to CVS - just a couple of blocks - to pick up some supplies then my sis-in-law drove me to the doctor's office for my 2 week check up. Everything looks good and is healing well. I still have some glue covering my incision lines - I think that's probably a good thing. At least, it makes me feel more secure showering. I actually took a shower by myself today and washed my hair! I have a stool in the shower - which I would HIGHLY recommend. I don't like patting my incisions dry, so I just sit in the bathroom until they are dry enough to put binder and bra back on. Here are a few shower pictures. Sorry about the clarity of images - I have a big window in my shower.

2 weeks and 4 days. Boobies are more sore…

2 weeks and 4 days. Boobies are more sore than they have been. I have probably been doing a little more than I should. It's easy to forget to be so careful.
Abdominal incision isn't painful, just tight. I'm afraid of not standing straight because it's so tight. I know it is all part of the healing process.
I am including 4 pictures. One is a strange red bruise. Probably nothing, but sent a picture to the doc to see what he thinks. It's not in the bra line, so not sure what it's all about.

5 Weeks Today!

I went into the doctor's office yesterday to have him look at a little pucker I have in the mons area. I suspected it was just a suture that needs to be cut. He said it is a suture that is a little close to the surface and he can go in through a very small incision and cut it. We will wait until I am all healed to do that. I still had glue in some areas so he pulled it all off so he could take a look at how I am healing under it. He said lots of people don't have any glue left after 2 to 3 weeks. I only shower every other day (dry skin), so maybe that had something to do with it. The glue looks like a wide scab, but really it isn't. I think maybe there was a little blood when the glue was applied, so it just looked horrible. The scar underneath it is really nice and thin (as you can see from the picture). I still can not walk, or stand, straight. There is a little bit of my upper abs that are still very tight. He said that he did a lot of tightening up there, so the not standing straight is to be expected. My breasts are still very tender, but I have been rubbing them several times a day to desensitize them. This seems to be helping. I walked on my treadmill for 15 minutes a few days ago with no incline. I also held onto the handlebar so that I would not swing my arms. I wanted to do a little to see how my body responded. There was not any exceptional swelling (I'm still swollen anyway) and no pain. I will start getting my walking back up - quicker and at an incline - soon. I am lifted off all of my restrictions next week!

6 Weeks! Yeah!!!

Week 6 anniversary was yesterday and I am feeling great! Most of the breast sensitivity went away after being diligent about rubbing them several times a day to help desensitize. I used my hands or a dry wash cloth. Took a long road trip this last weekend and being in the car wasn't so uncomfortable. I didn't really even think about pain in my breasts unless we went over rough road.
I have noticed where the glue stayed on longer, the scar looks thinner. I was worried because the glue actually looks like a big scab, but it's not. Some of it got rubbed off, right away, by the compression garment and some of it stayed on for 5 weeks. Definitely it looks MUCH better where it stayed for 5 weeks! When I went in to see Dr. M at 5 weeks he pulled the rest of the glue off so he could take a look at the scars. He said a lot of people lose their glue about 2 weeks. I only showered every other day since it was cool weather. I think that helped the glue stay on longer and the scars look better. That's just my opinion.
I have been on the treadmill for the last couple of days. I'm walking pretty slow, but for 30 minutes, or more. I haven't noticed much additional swelling.
I started Embrace Scar Therapy on my BB today. I ordered the small one. It's just an experiment to see how I really like the product before I commit to the much more expensive - Mommy Make Over Kit.
Was going to post more pics, but some of them keep coming in upside down!! Will post more next week - hopefully.
Bozeman Plastic Surgeon