Stop Asking Me if I'm OK! - Toronto, ON

I'm a happy person. I smile a lot. I laugh a lot....

I'm a happy person. I smile a lot. I laugh a lot. But when I'm not animated my face turns upside down from a smile to a frown. And I'm tired of people asking me if I'm OK. So, rather than looking like an always smiling idiot, I've decided after many years to get some "work done". I'm starting slow. Although I definitely need a neck and lower face lift, I'm going with filler for now. Altho I live in Fla, my significant other lives in Toronto where the American dollar is worth about 30% more. Armed with Arnica 30 and cream. I'm having the filler injections on Tues, 10/27. I did a lot of research, including your info on here and "interviewed" several Drs. My last trip to Toronto. I decided to go with Dr. David Ellis. I like his credentials, his resume and his assistant, Yan. She is terrific, patient, answers all questions and always available the few times I've called. BTW, I'll be 73 in November. That's why, if the photos are sidewise, I don't have a clue how to turn them. Just turn you head.

Another Before photo

Posting another photo that's not so scary. Was going for really really bad photos so the "after's" will look better. ;-) I Ieave for Toronto in the morning the weekend before seeing Dr Ellis on Tues.

Tomorrow Is the Day!

Granted I'm not having "real surgery"...just filler. But, it is my face, we're talking about and I've had a version of it for nearly 73 years! Yes. I'm a bit apprehensive but mostly excited. I will update with comments and photos as I can. In the meantime, thank you for all your support and kind words.

So Far; So Good!

Had my filler today. Dr. David Ellis wound up injecting 5 syringes in all. 2 syringes of Voluma in my cheeks. 3 Volift in the lines around my mouth, chin line and lips.
I was really very pleased with the result. Although I have been icing, I am getting some swelling this evening. No real bruising maybe thanks to Arnica Montana 30. I'm curious to see how I look in the morning. Total cost including tax was $3107 (Canadien). My cost is $2368 (American) less another $357 tax that will be refunded by the USA in a couple of months. Dr Ellis is a pro. I will definitely come back to him for more work; probably this winter. The photos are from shortly after the injunctions before some of the swelling began.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'll get back to you after the procedure.