Brazilian Butt Lift - Best decision I've made!

I find it comforting to be part of a community...

I find it comforting to be part of a community that is so supportive of one another, especially during a time when you are the most vulnerable. This is my first post, so please bare with me! I have been researching this procedure for about a year now and I am now ready to take that leap. I am a 27 year old female of asian descent. After countless hours of research, solely by the reviews alone on RealSelf I knew Dr. Martin Jugenburg would be the PS for me. His staff are absolutely wonderful. All the ladies make you feel welcome as soon as you step into their beautiful office space at the Fairmount Hotel. Kim is an angel. She made me feel at ease from the moment I sat with her during my consultation. Her professionalism and humor were comforting and she listened to my concerns while providing informative and positive feedback. Every question sent via e-mail would be replied to within minutes! Such a great staff.

I have a petite stature (5"2, 108 lbs), however I have always had skinny legs and the only areas I have always gained weight in have been the upper portion of my body - my breasts, arms and especially my stomach. I do not have much of a shape. Shopping for clothes have always been a nightmare as nothing ever fits properly unless it is a sundress or skirt. I have always been a fan of sweaters or long shirts covering my butt area. I have been assured that this will change once I have my BBL. The fat will be taken from my abdomen and flank region.

I do have my BLL scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, which I am a bit nervous about but I am trying to stay positive and imagine the final results. I picked up all the prescription pills Dr. J had prescribed and it's enough to get anyone anxious but staying positive gets me through it. Hopefully I find time to update pre-Op, but I will definitely update post-op! Super excited and nervous at the same time! Hopefully it goes well :)!

BBL 2 days Post Op

Well, I had a fully intended to write a one day post op but these drugs have kept me pretty loopy and sleepy. Lol. Anyways, my BBL with Dr. J was a success. He was calm and ensured that my "dream" butt would shortly become a reality. Entering the operating room is like no other feeling. I was completely calm and ready up until that point. I guess my nerves got the best of me and I panicked a bit. However, the surgical team did their best to calm me down, and like an instant, I closed my eyes and I was in recovery. Jessica in recovery was a sweetheart. I'm pretty sure I kept asking the same questions over and over again, but she was very patient, dealing with myself and 2 others.

I chose to stay overnight and had arranged Blanca, the PSW stay with me. It did cost 400$ more to have her stay the night, but please believe it was worth every penny. Every slightest move or cry I had, she would rush over and tend to my every need. Being placed in such a vulnerable position like that, it is completely necessary. I was placed back into my room at around 8:30 PM and the first night was not as bad as I had expected. I'm a very light sleeper to begin with, so I did wake up several times to ask for a sip of water.

Word of advice - if you plan on sitting up or going to the washroom, I would suggest you take a sip of water or eat a piece of chocolate or something sweet. I read a review prior to my BBL and they were very adamant that you would experience nausea and dizzyness the first few days.

The results were definitely immediate. Although I am verrrry swollen to say the least. The compression garment is probably the most uncomfortable part of this as of right now. My butt is very hard and swollen, however I could see the shape and I love it! My waist is tiny and I'm still attempting to do the massages but it's a bit difficult to do so when you initially remove the compression garment. I feel like I'm rambling on right now, but I will take my 2 day post-op photos when I get a chance to. I have also found time to upload my before photos! As you can see I was not very proportionate. I cannot wait to show the after!

BBL 6 days Post-Op

Hi all!

So I'm 6 days Post-Op and I feel SO much better. Every day I've felt stronger and a little less uncomfortable. I stopped taking the Percocets and T3's after day 3. I switched over to Tylonol extra strength and I feel fine. The most uncomfortable part has been the tummy garment and massaging out the tummy lumps. It was suggested that I massage at least 5 times a day, and it definitely isn't painful, just very uncomfortable. I visited Dr. Jugenburg's office this afternoon for 1 week post-op check up and the women said I was healing nicely. My waist is almost non-existent which is SO exciting, however my butt, hips and pubic area are still very bruised and swollen. I would post a photo, but I still feel very uncomfortable! I honestly hate complaining because this was elective and I did this to myself, but I know I'll be more comfortable with myself once the bruising goes heals and he swelling subsides. I will definitely keep you all up to date with my recovery!

Day 9 - Post-Op!

I've said it before, but I absolutely love that each day is a new day and I can actually feel and see myself healing. I'm 9 days post-op, and I'm finally getting sensation back in my butt, pubic area and upper thighs (they were a bit itchy last night). They have been numb and hard since my surgery. The swelling has gone down drastically and I could see the bruising move down with gravity. It's now reached just above my knees. Also, removing the garment to massage my tummy isn't as uncomfortable as it was at the beginning. What has really helped me is that I remove the garment before my morning shower. With the heat, I could feel my muscles relaxing and it makes it easier and more comfortable to massage. I then ensure I continue with the massage after my shower with lotion. The bruising underneath and on the sides of my breasts are also fading which is great. I have included a photo of day 9 post op. Yes, my butt is still swollen and bruised but my waist is so tiny and I actually have a figure now which is SO exciting and all I could've asked for!

3 Weeks Post-Op!

Hello! So it's been a bit of time since I've last updated so I figured I would write something up now! I'm 3 weeks post-op and my recovery is going very well. I have uploaded a photo for you all as well. The last photo that I uploaded was at 9 days post-op and I haven't seen a significant change in regards to the size of my butt (I know it's still very early in my recovery, however I'm hoping it doesn't begin to shrink out of nowhere lol). I'm back to my daily routine with the exception of sleeping on my back/sides. I still sleep on my tummy which is still a bit uncomfortable for me but I plan on doing this until 4 weeks at least. I also think I need to get a new garment. I've gained a few pounds (partially because I also quit smoking right before my surgery and haven't touched a cigarette since so the weight that I gained was to be expected). I am still wearing my compression garment and fully intend on purchasing one of those waist trainers or even spanx (from the suggestion of one of the nurses). I hate the way mine feels and I was told that around the 3-4 week mark I should change it up a bit. Well that's it for now, I will definitely update if I notice any more changes!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon