Hoping for the Best - Mexico, MO

I've been lurking on this site for sometime now. ...

I've been lurking on this site for sometime now. I have been considering this surgery for the last 2 years but keep telling myself I can do it on my own but keep on packing on the pounds. Talked to people who have had the surgery and read review after review to get a better understanding of it. Also watched people experiences on YouTube. But I'm going through with it for 3 reasons being health, family and fun. Health because if I let it deteriorate my family would suffer and the fun would stop. So I'm hoping for the best. I'm scheduled for September 5 so wish me luck with my nervous self.

Pre-Op Diet

I see a lot of people doing 3 days to 2 weeks of liquid diet before surgery. My surgeon only requires a 2 week high protein diet and last meal before midnight before surgery. Have anyone else been told to just do a high protein diet?

People asking me why?

People have been asking me why I'm doing this and the first thing I really want to say is it;s no of your F*#$@ng business, but I tend to try and educate them on my decision that it might help out one of their love ones or friend. See I'm tried of sleeping on my CPAP/ BiPAP machine. I've been on it for the last 5 years. I really don't like it but I have became so dependent on it I want attempt to take a nap or fall asleep without. I sucks caring it around for trips. Plus even though my wife won't admit it, but I know it annoys her( like sleeping with Dark Vader every night). It does help but I don't want have to use it for the rest of my life. And now the joint pain is pretty bad. some days I have to take pain medicine to make through the day. And last I'm borderline everything else so I'm making that leap to better my health before I wait to late.

3 Week Count Down

I got 3 more week before I join all wonderful brave people on the loser bench. Still a little nervous but excited at the same time. To all the beautiful people that has given me encouragement Thank you.

Two more weeks to go

I have two more weeks before I join you guys. I tell you time goes by so fast when your trying to get everything together before hand. Starting my two week diet today and why they got to bring in cake and candy today. I think I will just head out to a couple of my project sites, so I won't get tempted. All in all I'm ready.

Today's the day.

Getting ready for today. Butterfly are floating in my stomach but I think it's more of me being hungry than nerves. I'm ready

Week 1

Well let me give a quick update. Had surgery on 9-5 with LTVSG and It went well. The night of surgery I guess I was high on drugs, but those drugs don't do nothing for gas pain so I walk every time I woke up all night long. Had some gas x strips help a little but you have to move to get that gas moving. Then was well taken care of at the recovery center and back on the plane the following day. The adjustments I had to make was at home following the after care, phases and family. Everyday got better and better. I just keep on walking and It actual made me feel good, but I had to listen to my body. But in one week post-op I am back at work with no pain just a little discomfort sometime when I drink , but I have been able to get all my fluid in. I don't think I shared my stats so here they are: HW 352 SW 324 CW 314.
Mexico General Surgeon