Rhinoplasty, Breast Lift & Augmentation - Mexico

I am a 36-year-old female from Colorado. I had...

I am a 36-year-old female from Colorado. I had been seeking surgery to correct problems with my nose and breasts for several years, but prices in Denver are increasing faster than I have been able to save for the procedures. I had broken my nose several times in sports and other accidents, leaving me ~80% occluded, using my mouth to breathe most of the time. My breasts were unacceptable to me, with the medical consensus being that I had *borderline* tuberous breasts. Several doctors here in town told me that I also needed a small chin implant to balance my facial features.

I approached Dr. Castillo and a few other surgeons across Mexico after almost a year of research. Dr. Castillo's office at My Best Body Ever did not employ any of the high-pressure tactics that made me end discussions with other offices. Despite my apprehension and relentless questions, his office staff was friendly and helpful every time I contacted them. I must have sent them 70 emails before I arrived! I should also point out that Dr. Castillo is board certified in Mexico and by the American board as well.

I scheduled my in-person consultation and tentative surgery. Dr. Castillo's Patient Coordinator, Anahi, was fantastic. She helped with hotel recommendations and ground transportation from the San Diego airport to my hotel as well as the return trip. She is also fluent in English, which is helpful considering mis Espanol esta pocito y no bien.

Both Anahi and Iliana, Dr. Castillo's other Patient Coordinator, really went above and beyond when it came to service. One quick example: my hotel room didn't have a working phone and the one bell boy who spoke English only worked on the weekends. Upon learning this, Iliana called my hotel and explained the situation to the front desk (my Spanish is insufficient to explain in what ways the phone isn't working) in an effort to get this resolved.

I plan to post more details, and photos all over the Internet, once I am a little more healed. I will be 2 weeks post-op tomorrow and have no bruises left, only the swelling that is to be expected still. I wish I were more articulate so I could say how thrilled I am already.

Finally, here are a couple other things to know for your trip from the U.S. to see Dr. Castillo Calderon at My Best Body Ever:

- Accept their recommendations about the hotel. (And don't stay at Hotel Palacio Azteca!)

- The initial deposit needs to be made in certified funds, so don't use your cash to pay down the credit card you want to use for your procedures - the balance CAN be paid at their office by Visa or MasterCard.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

At my initial consultation, I learned that Dr. Castillo's philosophy is EXACTLY what I had hoped, and mirrored the before and after images perfectly. His emphasis is minimizing scars and providing an aesthetically pleasing, but still natural looking, result. (Translation: you won't go home with a nose that looks identical to all his other patients!) He gave me very realistic expectations and spent a great deal of time ensuring that we were on the same page. I really felt comfortable after meeting him. Also during the consultation, I asked about the chin implant, since I'd never wanted this but had been told by multiple surgeons that it was necessary. Dr. Castillo told me that my chin was "borderline", which is why not all the surgeons I'd consulted with previously agreed. He also explained that a small chin implant only adds 4mm of projection. He was very agreeable to my cancelling this part of the surgery, particularly when I told him it's the only part of my face that resembles my mother... My surgery was the next morning at Hospital CER. This was a very clean facility, but the staff didn't speak a lot of English; it really put my Spanish to the test! Dr. Castillo performed the rhinoplasty with an otolaryngologist (ENT) beside him to be certain that my nose looked - and functioned - great when they were done. It does both now & I couldn't be happier! Dr. Castillo reduced the size of my areolas, lifted my breasts and installed silicone (cohesive gel, 270cc/300cc) implants. To obtain the best final shape, he used the vertical/lollipop lift, which leaves the breast fuller in the upper pole and somewhat flat in the lower pole. For this reason, I can't comment yet on the final results. I can say that there was no bruising like I've seen while doing my research. The incisions are perfectly shaped and should heal well. (I plan to get a few weeks' worth of silicone anti-scar tapes nonetheless.) I had several follow-up visits which were all quite pleasant, especially the removal of massive rhinoliths!