Yikes! 6 Day Countdown Already! 53 Years (Not Old, Just Mature). Lol! Getting Avelar TT and BR and BL - Tampa, FL

Hello! I am so glad I found this sight and wish I...

Hello! I am so glad I found this sight and wish I would have found it earlier. I went to my PS about 2 1/2 weeks ago for a consult for breast revision and lift. I had my breasts implants and lift done 15 years ago and things were just not looking good anymore. Since I had a hysterectomy about 3 years ago, I just felt that the shape of my body has significantly changed....mostly in my belly area. So while there for a consult for my breasts, I decided at the last minute to ask about lipo for my tummy too. He said I would need to get a tummy tuck with the lipo or I would end up lumpy and with extra sagging skin and wouldn't be happy with the results. So, of course, I immediately agreed and am now 6 days pre-op! I have never especially loved my torso shape, as I am fairly straight, with not much curve in the waist. (My daughter says my tummy is box shaped). Haha! :(. So the thought of having a little more of a hourglass is very appealing to me. I'm so glad that I only had to wait this 2 1/2 weeks between my 1st consult and the actual surgery, as I am VERY nervous and can't think about much else. I would love to hear from anyone about what to expect regarding the pain and recovery. My doctors assistant indicated that the lipo causes more "discomfort" than the TT. THE Avelar TT does not involve muscle repair or drains, so it's supposedly a little easier recovery?.....I hope so! I'd love to hear from anyone who is, or has already gone through some of this stuff. My husband is so sweet and supportive and such a positive thinker.....but I am really excited and very nervous! I will share some pictures soon!

Here's some pre-op pictures I took today!

5 more days to go!

I wish I could just blink my eyes and I'd wake up and it would all be done! It's very hard to concentrate on anything right now because all I can think about is my upcoming surgery. I feel very unclear about what to expect. I pretty much know what the Breast implants will feel like from past experience. But I've been reading so much about the pain associated with the tummy tuck, but my procedure is a little different from the regular ones. No muscle work is being done which I've been told is mostly what causes a majority of the pain. However, then I'm adding the liposuction, so....I just don't really know what to expect. Earlier this week I was reading that the tt isn't as bad as having a hysterectomy (which I've had) or C-sections (I've had 2). Then last night I was on the forum and a couple people said the tt is much worse than both the hysterectomy and c-sections! I wish I wouldn't have read that! My doctor suggested I should stop reading, but it's hard for me to stop! I just want to be as mentally prepare as possible! And I just have to keep reminding myself of how awesome the results will be once it's all over! I took a couple more pictures today to remind myself how awful that roll that hangs over my jeans looks (and feels). That's my inspiration! Along with seeing all the before/after photos posted on Realself!

3 more days....counting down!

Today is my birthday...Thursday is part of my birthday present...my mommy makeover! yay!!! I'm so excited but at the same time I can barely think straight I'm so nervous!!! I just have to keep a picture in my head of what my end results are going to look like and try not to think so much about the process of getting there. I've read and read and read sooooo many reviews and each one is so different. Some people really seem to breeze through it and other people seem to really be struggling with a lot of pain. Positive thoughts!!!....Positive thoughts.....Positive thoughts.....I have to keep reminding myself how much of my attitude and emotional well being will affect the overall outcome. I have a great doctor and know I will be in good hands. Anyone that reads this and has any good advise or encouraging words.....feel free to send them my way. I can use all the help I can get right now.

Less than 24 hours now!

OMG!!!! For the past 2 1/2 weeks I've felt like time was standing still. It seemed to have been the longest 2 weeks of my life. Now, all of the sudden, the time is right around the corner. Tomorrow at this time I should be almost finished with my mommy makeover. I've been a nervous wreck for the past week, then yesterday I seemed to have calmed down quite a bit. This morning, however, I was wide awake at the crack of dawn....thinking, worrying, wondering, questioning my decisions....driving myself literally insane. If only I could somehow turn off my brain until I'm through the surgery. I started taking the Arnika Forte that the doctors office gave me, I've been taking all the vitamins they recommended and stopped taking aspirin/ibuprofen 2 weeks ago and today will start showering with Hibiclens soap. No eating or drinking after midnight. I have to be at the doctors surgery center at 7:30. Thank goodness they gave me a valium to take in the morning when I wake up!!! I'm praying that it makes me nice and relaxed before I get there. Does anyone know if 10mg of Valium is a lot? I have no idea how strong that is....hopefully very strong because I'm a bundle of nerves today....I can't imagine how nervous I'm going to be in the morning! I will try to post again on my way in in the morning and as soon as possible after surgery. Pray it all goes well and I wake up feeling ok from the anesthesia. Ughhhhhh!

2 more pre-op pictures!

Oh yeah....and the doctor said my little tattoo on my tummy will be cut out! The sun is going down tomorrow.....hahaha! Pretty funny! :)

Today is it! Mommy makeover here I come!..

Ok, I'm READY!! Woke up, opened my eyes and grabbed that Valium before I had too much time to think! But surprisingly, I slept well last night, which is rare when I'm stressed. But my poor husband that swears he's not nervous didn't sleep a wink!!! Hmmmmm! I think it's sympathy pains he was having all night! :). I think that means he loves me a whole lot! He's my #1 supported in this journey! Thank G-d for him! I'm a lucky girl! I doubt I'll be feeling quite so lucky on the other side of this surgery today when I wake up! But it's going to be worth it! And I AM calmer today than I've been all week! (Even before the Valium!). ;-P. See you all on the flat side!

Day 1 Post-op

So yesterday I did it! I was nervous, but not as bad as I had been during the week! Dr. Castellano and his whole team were great! The good thing about him having his operating room at his office is once u arrive, they get started right away! There was no time to sit around and get scared and nervous. When I had my hysterectomy 2-3 yrs ago, I woke up soooo sick from the anesthesia that I ended up staying 5-6 hours in the recovery room and an extra day or 2 in the hospital! So I told that to the anesthesiologist and he said he would make sure to add anti-nausea medicine in my IV. I woke up 100% fine and went right home within an hour of them finishing with me! Pretty much I slept the rest of the day on and off. Today I had a follow-up appt at 11:00 just to check on my breasts! He said they are looking good! I have a feeling they may be a little smaller than my last ones but I'm 100% fine with that! Dr. Castellano told me when I woke up that both of my implants had been ruptured and it was a big mess to clean up before putting the new ones in! Now wonder why my old boobs weren't looking very well shaped anymore! I wonder how I ruptured them both! Hmmmm! I can't say I love this girdle I have to wear for 4 more weeks. Ugh! And I haven't had a chance yet to see how anything really looks yet! But he said I'm going to be pretty bruised. So I will take some post pictures when I can and put them up here for all to see! I'm so glad it's done and now I can't wait to see the results!!! My eyes are getting tired....time for some more napping!

1st post op pics....not pretty looking yet!

I finally got my 1st shower today! It felt awesome to put on some nice clean clothes and be freshened up a bit! My pictures are not what I'd call pretty, but I know it has only been a few days and there's still lots of swelling and bruising! I hope it won't be too terribly long before I can actually see some improvement! I can tell already that my boobs are much better than before, but the tum-tum I'm going to have to find some patience and wait and see!!!

No big changes yet....waiting patiently!

Here's a few more pictures I took this morning after getting my shower and washing my hair! I love having clean hair! Yay!!!! Small things sometimes can make such a big difference! Feeling positive and rested and on the road to recovery! So happy to have the surgery behind me! :-p

Someone please put a pin in my tire!

I feel like I'm heading in the wrong direction today! My spare tire is expanding (swelling obviously) instead of shrinking! I keep walking my the mirror waiting for the moment I take a peek and see the beginnings of my waistline! :(((. Tomorrow I have a follow-up with my doctor...can't wait to hear what he says. ....the twins are lovely....and they are not fraternal (like my previous set). thank goodness! :) trying to drink lots of fluids to flush my body and the bloat! Here's some pics...
Tampa General Surgeon