37, 2 Kids, 60lb Weight Loss....tummy Tuck Time??

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm 37 and I have two boys, 14 and 9. They were...

I'm 37 and I have two boys, 14 and 9. They were both big babies, 9lb 14oz and 8lb 11oz. Before getting pregnant with my youngest I weighed in at 210 at 5'5". When he was a little over a year old I decided I needed to get healthy and in Jan 2009 I started my weight loss journey. I got down to about 145lb. After a year or so of keeping the weight off I had a breast lift and augmentation. One of the best things I've ever done for myself. Dr. Ben Kirbo did that surgery. So here we are several years later and I'm contemplating a tummy tuck. I've done the research, I think I know what to expect; however, I'm scared of the recovery, and the anesthesia (it makes me very ill). I will post some before pics as soon as I can & what my ultimate decision is!

Surgery date is set!

So I went for another consult this week, this time to see what my surgeon thought about a breast augmentation revision. Now I a addition to my extended tummy tuck, I will be going up a cup size! I currently have 325cc and 350cc mentor silicone and I will most likely be going to 425 and 450 mentor high profile! Both surgeries will be done on 12/13! Super excited and nervous!

Before Pics

So I hadn't uploaded my before pics and honestly I think these are terrible! Any way. Just over a month to go. I'm nervous, excited, scared....what a crazy mix of emotions. My biggest fear is the nausea and vomiting that always accompanies anesthesia with me. I have had general anesthesia 6 times & I have thrown up every single time. Doesn't matter if I get phenergan or zofran. I vaguely remember what it felt like (throwing up) after my mastopexy and I can only imagine what it will feel like when my abs have been operated on! Anyway enough of my thoughts for now. Here are some before pics!

Before Pics

Done!

Surgery was 2 days ago. I'm moving pretty well. Pain isn't too bad and I'm getting better at standing straight up and down! As soon as I'm able (hopefully tomorrow) I will take some after pics. The swelling is pretty significant and I cannot wait for the drain to come out!

Drain leaking!

Had to go back to the Dr. this am because my drain site was leaking. Nothing to worry about it's just from the swelling. They decided to go ahead and put me in my compression garment. I like how it feels actually. I feel more secure. No pain at all right now, just itchy everywhere! I also started taking Arnica so I hope that helps with the bruising and swelling!

So NOT sure if my scar should look like this??

I have blisters all along my scar. I was leaking around my drain so I had to go back in on day 3 post op. I'm day 5 post op now. Any opinions on my pics?

So NOT sure if my scar should look like this??

So swollen ????

I guess I need to stop reading other reviews. I'm only 1 week post-op and super swollen. I've been moving great, feeling great, very little discomfort. But my drain continues to put out over 100ml per day and I feel like the stay puff marshmallow man. I'm afraid I'm going to hate my results. ????

I have an allergy list for a reason!!!

So turns out they did use benzoin under my steristrips even though it was clearly written on my allergy bracelet and asked about several times before my surgery. Now I'm going to have to take steroids to help with my reaction to the benzoin. It's not life threatening but it looks horrendous and it itches like nobodies business! I'm upset because I freaking teach nursing students to be cognizant of people's allergies and then this crap happens and it ITCHES!!!!!

Another visit in the am

Going back in the am to determine if I have a hematoma now ???? my drain is draining between 70-90ml per day of dark red, old blood. I'm on a steroid pack for my reaction to the benzoin and my Dr. will be out of town the week after Christmas. It's kind of frustrating because overall I feel fine! But have a sore spot on my abdomen. I probably tend to do too much because I really do feel good. Then by the afternoon/evening I'm sore and swollen. By nature I'm not a rest and take it easy kind of person. Plus Christmas is in a few days and things have to get done. I iced my sore spot twice today and will continue with that hoping that will help some. I've also stopped taking Motrin for pain, switched to Tylenol, but I really haven't needed it for the surgery but was taking it for headaches, go figure. Anyway enough rambling for midnight. Here is a pic I took yesterday of a before and after at 9 days post-op. Already a huge difference!

Still have my JP ????

I'm so over having this damn JP drain! So far today I've emptied 70ml, I'm emptied 75 in the last 24 hours and 90 the day before that. It's slowly coming down but I just want it out! I snagged the damn thing yesterday and started bleeding slightly at the site. Hopefully but Tuesday next week it will come out!

2 weeks out

I'm definitely emotional and go back and forth whether I'm happy about this whole process. My logical self says I will LOVE it when I'm all healed but my hormonal emotional self just wants to cry! Mainly because I still have my drain. Most 90% don't have drains past 2 weeks and here I am 2 weeks out and still draining 70-80 per day. I'm going to call my PS office tomorrow just to ask what I should do from here ????

What am I now 18/19 days?

I have been sleeping like crap. I hate sleeping in a recliner but I'm a back sleeper ????. I STILL have my JP, it put out just under 70ml the last 2 days. So it's less but still not good enough. Now to top it off I have two spots that look like, from my research, is spitting sutures. They itch like CRAZY!! I'm usually pretty good in the am and then feel like the stay puff marshmallow man by the evening. I'm over it and seriously doubting if this will all be worth it in the end. Please someone tell me this is normal and will get better. Here are some pics of my spots and pics from 2 weeks postop

Drain is out!!

Hooray the drain is out one day short of four weeks. Have had some major ups and downs. My one small spitting suture turned into a superficial dehiscence. In all I have 4 spitting sutures, 2 are almost healed, one may get worse, and one is healing. I also have another spot I'm hoping doesn't open up. I'm on Bactrim for a potential infection in the dehisced area but that looks much better too. Hopefully no more setbacks from here on out.
In this pic was the initial spitting suture, then the couple holes that opened, then the open wound that occurred.

6 weeks today!!

I'm healing great and really feeling great too after such a rough start! All of my suture abscesses have fully healed and the swelling is getting better. I started back at the gym a week ago. Whoa is it slow going!! I haven't felt so out of shape in a while! But I will keep going and it will get better :) I will truly be happy when the swelling is all the way gone! Took some pictures at week 5 and I'm uploading them now. I don't know that I really have anything else to add right now!

8 weeks today!

I'm 8 weeks post op today. I still have days where I'm swollen and days where is almost non existent. I'm back in the gym 4+ days per week which is great. And I've started working my core again. The stretching sensation is still pretty odd at times, but I feel like I'm healing well. I started using maderma and silicone scar sheets on my incision a week ago. I think it's already starting to lighten some! Here are my pics.