Dream Come True

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Well, hello ladies!! I have been reading your...

Well, hello ladies!! I have been reading your blogs obsessively for a few weeks now... I have found your stories so relatable and helpful I figured maybe I owed it to others to do the same.
So, my story... I am a 44 year old mother of two grown up babies, 19 & almost 22 who I love more than life itself. They are everything to me and I'd do absolutely anything for them... Including carrying this horrid flab of belly around for 2 decades now.
I have always dreamed of having a TT but never thought I'd be brave enough nor lucky enough to have one. It actually wasn't until 2 months ago in an 'off the cuff' kind of conversation with my husband that he actually gave me the go ahead to go for a consultation and check it out. I was beyond elated and I have to say my love for him grew beyond what I thought was even possible.
I've had 3 girlfriends who have had a TT, one of which raved about her surgeon for years. The next morning I made the call and booked my consultation for a month later. A MONTH!! I was rather disappointed as I would have left work and gone to his office immediately if they'd asked. But what are you gonna do? So, I spent the next month texting my out of town girlfriend obsessively about it. I was and still am really nervous about telling people about it... I really don't need or want the judgement, people talking behind my back or worse, expressing their shock and horror to my face!!
Well, the consultation date came and I was so impressed with this Dr that I booked the procedure and paid the deposit immediately BUT here we go again... It was another month long waiting period!!! OMG!! What is with these people?!
Back to texting my poor girlfriend... Let me tell you, she is my rock!!! I could have never ever gone thru with this without her. I am sure by now she is about ready to change her number and disown me forever. LOL. I did, however, discover Real Self and am so glad I did :)
So, here I am... 4 sleeps pre-op and raring to go!! This month has felt like torture but now, looking back, I'm thinking it has been a blessing in disguise. I no longer feel like I am going to completely pass out every time I think about it. Between the staff in my surgeon's office, my "rock" and the research I have done myself, I feel sooooo prepared and SUPER EXCITED!!!


I just took some "before" pics as I figured one day I may want to see how far I've come. Oh good Lord!! I am HUUUUGE!! Doesn't help that my stupid period is due on Saturday so I'm bloated, too, but really, I can't believe I've been walking around looking like this?? LOL. I haven't told many people about my surgery and I was really hoping nobody would really notice but now I don't see how they won't notice a difference. YUK! I'm sooooo looking for forward to my surgery on Wednesday :))

Made it to the flat side :)

So, here I am, day 2 post op and hanging in... Pretty sore today but that's too be expected. No nausea at all, sleeping well. My surgeon told me day 2 is usually the worst so if that's the case then I'll be a happy, happy girl. Hope everyone out there is healing well... For all you ladies that are still waiting for your big day, hang in there and don't worry... It's not half as bad as I thought it would be :)

1st post-op appointment

Well, so far so good. Went for my 1st check up today. My nurse says I'm doing really well... The receptionist couldn't believe I only had my surgery 2 days ago. I don't know how I got to be so lucky but I'm very grateful!!! My ps doesn't use drains which is another thing I'm incredibly grateful for!! Lol. They sound terrible! Got to see my tummy today... Still can't believe it's flat now :))) Many prayers and much love to all of you in recovery xoxo


More pics

Technical error... Lol. Here they are!

Lmao!!! I don't know what I'm doing!!!

Back To Work :(

Po day 12: Went back to work today against my surgeon's advice... Rough day! Thankfully I had an appointment with my GP so I had to leave early. All week I have been walking completely straight, at my regular speed etc. After the hour long drive IN to work I felt very swollen and stiff in the belly, sore tummy muscles and couldn't stand straight up... And the day just progressed from there. I have a desk job and can get up and walk around as often as I like which led me to believe that I would be fine. Not! So, between the pain, swelling and exhaustion, I am not looking forward to tomorrow!! I think it finally hit me just how serious this surgery really is :(

I've Been A Bad Girl!

So, as previously posted, I went back to work at po day 12. I have a desk job and can get up and walk around whenever I need/want. My boss was fabulous at keeping an eye on me but because she is such a good boss, she just inspires me to work harder. I was coming home and staying in my recliner for the rest of the night... I honestly felt great!!!
Yesterday I went to my surgeon's office for my 3 week check up and was stunned to discover that although my scar and belly button are healing well, I am more swollen in some places than I should be which is an indication that I am doing too much too soon. I am now restricted to my recliner indefinitely... No work or play until I see my surgeon next week for a reassessment. It's day one of my "grounding" and I'm finding it difficult as I feel really good and I want to be out. I feel like I've made 1 step forward and about 10 steps back.
Ladies, listen to your surgeon... I was told to take 3 weeks off and then go back to work gradually. I obviously didn't listen and am now paying for it :(

Slowly But Surely...

It's been awhile so I thought maybe it's time I updated...
At my last update I'd had a little setback and was forced to take another week & a half off work. That turned out to be a real blessing in disguise for 2 reasons. The 1st being my kitty (fur baby) of 13 and a half years became very ill very quickly and after many trips to the vet and many tests, I had to put him down. I was (still am) completely devastated and heart broken. I can't imagine having to go thru all that while trying to recover and work.
On July 15 I was able to go back to work gradually. First week was 4 hrs a day, the next week was 6 hrs a day and back full time the week after that. Thank heavens my surgeon made me take that extra time off as I didn't realize how much pain I was in until I wasn't!!
At 4 weeks my surgeon had me start scar therapy... Twice a week I rub a layer of Kelo-cote over my scar and recover with the brown paper tape. I have to say my incision is looking incredible!!
At 5 and a half weeks I was FINALLY able to sleep in my own bed again!!!! Woo hoo! It was a little uncomfortable at first... Especially turning over (which I do all night long) and getting out of bed but every night gets better. I missed my bed soooo much! Lol
At approx. 6 weeks I was finally able to wear heels again. Yippee!!! I am a shoe addict in the worst way and I live in heels. Definitely missed my shoes. Occasionally I'd put a pair on while sitting in my recliner with my feet up but it just wasn't the same. Ha!Ha!
I was also cleared to start doing cardio altho I tried a couple of nights found it to be quite uncomfortable. At this point in time I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever to try again. My eating has been terrible!!! And I don't much care about that either... My weight is fine but I'm noticing my thighs are thundering and I have a little more junk in the trunk so I'm sure I've lost muscle. I was doing so well before this, too ????
I am now 7 and a half weeks post op... My incision still itches quite a bit. But I guess that's a good thing. I am also still swelling some... Altho my swelling is between my boobs and my belly button. I find when I sit I still have a bit of a jelly roll there as well. I'm not too worried about it tho as considering this is a 52 week recovery, I'm still in the very early stages.
All in all, so far I am VERY happy with my results and my choice in surgeon. This recovery has definitely been a lot harder and longer than I thought it would be but I absolutely would do it again to be on the flat side :)))
Surrey Plastic Surgeon

Dr Ward is a truly talented surgeon!!! His work is amazing! He and his staff were amazing through this whole experience. I felt very safe and well cared for in their hands. I was extremely well prepared before surgery so I knew exactly what to expect, what I needed before and what I'd need for my recovery. I can honestly say I walked into the surgery room feeling 100% confident and did not experience 1 ounce of nervousness. Thanks to Dr. Ward and all his staff my recovery has been a snap. You won't find anyone better!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful