I'm Finally Doing It - Liposuction!!! Stone Mountain, GA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

SOOOO, I've finally decided to take the plunge and...

SOOOO, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get liposuction. I am having my upper and lower abs, waist/flanks, bra roll, and inner thighs done. I am going to do it all under IV Sedation, just because I feel like there is a lot to remove and I don't want the local ansthesia to wear off before it's done. I'm a scary worrier that way...lol. I'm scheduled for August 15th, but hope that I can move that date up to August 7th.

I went on three different consultations. I decided to go with Dr. Davis-Boutte based on her awesome track record here on RealSelf. I am praying that I made the right decision. I have yet to meet her, but my interactions with Crystal have been great. She's very patient, as I like to think through every little decision I have to make and I have to understand the ramifications of each document I sign. She wrote pages over when I changed my mind and did not complain about my indecisiveness - at least outwardly ;-)

I have had my Pre-Op appointment wherein I signed lots of documents, went over financial stuff, and went over the procedures and instructions for before and after the surgery. I also had my blood-pressure and labs taken. So far everything is normal (for the most part), however there are two test that I must still await results on. I am praying that everything comes back normal so that I can go forward with the surgery.

Financially, the costs of my surgery fall in the middle of the quotes I was given. One doctor was charging 7800 for all of the areas I wanted done, including IV Sedation. However, I just wasn't confident in her ability to obtain the best results possible. The other doctor wanted 9K for just my upper/lower abs, flanks and bra roll. I feel like I'm spending lots of money, but I feel like I'm investing in myself at the same time, so I am internally trying to convince myself it's okay.

The only thing that worries me now is that I take lots of medication for another medical condition I have - Bipolar Disorder. I hope that I can talk with Dr. Davis-Boutte within the next few weeks in order to discuss my medications and her recommendation on whether I need to discontinue those medications for a couple of weeks. I would hate for one of my medications to interact with the anesthesia and I die (okay, that's extreme....but not impossible). I will request a consult with her concerning my medications just so I feel comfortable going into the procedure.

I will keep everyone updated on my journey. I will definitely provide pictures when that time comes.

Thanks for reading!

Less than two weeks away!

I'm getting so excited but nervous at the same time. I sent Dr. Boutte an email about my medication concerns, and she did get back to me...but I missed her call ;-( But on the bright side she forwarded my concerns to the anesthesiologist and I did get to speak with him. I feel better that I don't have to stop my medications because it took a long time for my body to adjust to them and I didn't want to have to start all over, plus I don't want to get sick and fly off my rockers if you know what I mean...lol.

Now my only concern is whether I have made the right decision with getting IV sedation rather than just local anesthesia. I was watching some videos where doctors were performing liposuction with the patients awake and able to move around. The doctor said he was able to achieve better results because patients can turn themselves on the side. Sigh. I will try to speak with Dr. Boutte about that during the week and let you guys know what she says.

Anywho, here's my before pictures. So embarrassing. I have really let myself go. Every time I try on something that I used to easily fit in, I get so upset. But here's to new beginnings. I am going to start exercising this week so that exercising can be regularly apart of my routine after I get my surgery. BefoI hope by exercising my results will be better.

Only two more days to a new me!

So I got to talk to Dr. Boutte. She's very nice and patient too. I feel better about my decision to do IV Sedation. I was assured that she would be able to achieve the same results as with local anesthesia and that the recovery time would be the same. She clearly laid out the risk and how they prevent any of those risk from developing into real problems.

Also, I'm happy with my decision to do IV Sedation because I heard from a friend that it was actually painful during some of her procedure under local. I have a very low tolerance for pain, and know that IV Sedation is the way to go for me.

I've started washing with the soap I was given and i've been taking my vitamins. I will start my antibiotics tomorrow. I'm super excited but nervous at the same time. I pray that everything goes well, that I come out alive and that my results are as great as her other patients that I've seen on here.

I'll be sure to update with pictures on friday after I get to take a shower.

Until then...be blessed!

I made it out alive...thank God

Everything went great. I got there for my appointment and took pictures. Then about 45 minutes later, Nurse Lee came and got me. I went upstairs with her and met Dr. Boutte. She was really warm and friendly, gave me a hug and everything. Everyone was trying to make me feel at home by keeping conversation going nonstop. I learned that Dr. Boutte and I even went to the same college (well I went there for a year and transferred). Nurse Lee weighed me and took my blood pressure and gave me some pills to take. Then we went into the operating room, and Nurse Lee washed me down. Then Dr. Boutte came in and drew on me. She even said she would do a little suction on my hips at no charge...she said it would give me a better overall physic. I was very grateful for that...and was very happy that she wanted me to have the very best results. Bless her...lol. After that, I laid on the bed and met the anesthesiologist Steve. He was really nice and friendly too. He gave me my IV, it was slow coming at first and so I felt a little when the Doctor (forgot his name) started injecting the lidocaine. It didn't hurt, but felt like a little pressure. By then I was like, where is my IV sedation lol...I don't wanna feel anything. So Steve came back and we determined that the IV had slipped out so we had to got to the other hand. He put that one in, and that's about all I remember...because I was asleep soon thereafter. I didn't feel not a thing. I woke up to Nurse Lee padding me up and Dr. Boutte giving me another hug. Then I stood up and helped Nurse Lee get me in the body suit. I didn't really feel any pain at that time just very woozy. Nurse Lee got me dressed and wheeled me down to my boyfriend. He bought me a salad to eat and bought a case of water for me to drink. We got home and I was out again.

Yesterday was good overall. Nurse Lee called to check on me and sent me some diuretic pills to the pharmacy. I was leaking like crazy. Bloody liquid everywhere. My boyfriend was really nice and cleaned it all up though. As far as pain, I felt like I exercised way too hard and was stiff everywhere. My boyfriend helped me get out of my garment and padding and helped me shower. Then he taped some new padding on me. I didn't take any meds until it was time for me to sleep, just to make my sleep more comfortable, but I didn't really have to take them cause I wasn't in extreme pain, just stiff.

I feel the same today. Just stiff. I however hurt to the touch though. I took my compression off to take some pictures for you guys and it kinda hurt trying to get it back on cause I was having to push and pull it up on my skin.

Well I know you guys have been waiting patiently for my pics so here you go. I'm happy thus far, can't wait for the swelling to go down in my stomach and thighs (I don't really see much of a difference in my thighs but I'm hoping they come around).

Dr. Boutte and her staff were awesome - God bless you all and thanks for everything!

Three week update

I am soooo swollen with lots of fluid build up. But other than that I'm good ;-)

Last week was rough, I was very sore and could barely walk because my thighs were so swollen and tight. I still cannot tell you guys how I feel about getting my thighs done. They are bigger than what I started out with and very hard to the touch. Plus, I've had pretty back edema in my legs and feet for the last two weeks. I can't fit my feet in any shoes. I was taking a prescribed diuretic but that didn't really help the matter, plus now I'm out of them. I've been trying to keep my feet up, but that's hard to do when I have to work.

As far as my stomach, it's bigger and very swollen. Fluid has taken residence at the bottom of my stomach this week. My waist still looks good but the bulging in the front from the swelling and fluid isn't making me very happy. I know things will take time, so I am patiently waiting when things get better.

I really want to start exercising, but my feet are so swollen and I can't fit my feet in any workout shoes and I'm afraid my feet will swell even more if I stay on them for any length of time. Walking is so uncomfortable so I know that jogging or running will be even more so. I need to start eating better too so I know I'm not helping the matter at all.

I am still happy I got lipo, just not happy with the recovery part of it, can't wait until my six months come. I'm trying to find a stage two compression garment, would like to get body magic but can't find a distributor in ATL :-( Anyway until next time guys. Be blessed!
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Before meeting her, I got to talk to Dr. Boutte by phone and through text. She answered all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable about my decision to do IV Sedation. She even forwarded my concerns to the anesthesialogist who called me twice. Everyone on her staff was very friendly and professional. Overall I am very pleased with everything, couldn't have asked for a better experience.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful