Accutane

I've been on accutane for 9 days now, and feel...

I've been on accutane for 9 days now, and feel that documenting my progress will be helpful.

So far the only noticeable side effect is dry lips, but this is rarely an issue because I apply lip balm through out the day. The skin on my face has not gotten dry at all yet. I also feel minor joint pain, but I have also been working out a lot more than I have in previous months so it could be that.

Day 21

Not sure I notice a difference in my skin yet. My dermatologist said my scars look more red. Ugh I'd be so pretty with out acne :/

I now have bad joint pain mostly in my knees and lower back. My lips are sometimes a little dry but my face is not dry at all.

It seems as if the blackheads on my nose have become a lot more noticeable, but I leave them alone as I do with the rest of my breakouts. I have had a few big pimples over the past two weeks on my right check, lip, and forehead.

Every morning I take the vitamins...
-fish oil
-iron
-Vitamin C

And at dinner time I take
-my accutane pill
-fish oil
-birth control
-zinc (which seems to have helped making the bumps on my face go away and even out my skin. I've been taking this for a few months now)

Also I do not eat any dairy.

I'm currently studying abroad in the Virgin Islands and hope my skin will improve some by the time I return home to my boyfriend and friends at school. I return December 9 and school starts up January 23.

I look somewhat content in these photos but do not let that fool you!!! I am dying inside! Waiting for this accutane to cure me!

Day 55

I can see a noticeably slight improvement in my skin now. My knees, lower back, and hip joints ache almost every day. It's sometimes very hard for me to walk up stairs to class , or exercise in the gym. My hair has also gotten much less oily and I deep condition it once or twice a week. No shampoo needed.

About a month from now I turn 21 and I hope my skin looks good for my birthday!

My time studying abroad is almost over. I return to college in California January 23 and I'm very optimistic that my skin will be looking good by then. I can't wait to show all of my friends :)

Day 86 on accutane

I've taken a small break from accutane to celebrate my 21st birthday and New Years. My skin is still very far from where I want it to be but it is so much better than where I used to be. Slowly but surely I am making progress.

Day 101

Here are two photos of me on day 101 of accutane, and two side by side comparisons of my face day 41vs day 101.