50 Yr Female, Facelift, Neck Lift and Upper Bleph

I am 50 yrs old, 5 ft tall and 110 pds. I am...

I am 50 yrs old, 5 ft tall and 110 pds. I am having a facelift, including neck Lift & upper bleph. I have been having face filler and botox for the past 8 years.

Why I am Having This Done Now
- I have come to the point where I don't want to invest any more $$ for filler, time to get to the office to have it down, etc... to address the early jowls and marionette type lines. I am ready for a more permanent solution through a facelift. I estimated I would have to spend $700 to $1000 a year in filler for the fillers if I didn't get a facelift and I just don't want to spend the time or money to do this.
- By having it done now, I feel it would be a less noticeable, more seamless change to others than if I waited till I got much older
- The thought of deferring this surgery for a few years makes me ill to my stomach as I know that during this time it would affect my self-confidence every time I looked in the mirror, did my videos, etc..
- I feel I will heal better after the surgery being younger and doing it before I hit menopause

I have been on RS since Feb 2016 and have learned a lot from other people's sharings and photos. For that I am grateful! Thank-you to the RS community ! I hope in sharing my experience I can help others as well.

I noticed over the past two years, that my face was started to square off unattractively. When I was younger, I had a more prominent pointy chin. This was starting to get lost.

Most people think I am 10 years younger than I am. But I have seen the signs of aging on myself because I know my face. Deciding to get plastic surgery is such a personal decision.

In the past six months I also began to notice the following:
1) more of a draping of my upper eyelids on both eyes, which is why I wanted to get the upper bleph. The eye lid skin also appears to be getting more crepey. Ugh!
2) Some signs of turkey waddling under my chin on my neck that was affecting my side profile and especially more noticeable in certain angles like when I looked down slightly like when I am working on my computer. Ugh! How did this happen??

These signs were becoming more and more noticeable in photos in various angles. In addition I started making videos for my practice in the past year so I really get a chance to see these facial signs!

These are my goals for this face lift/neck left/ upper bleph surgery. I thought by writing it out it would be very clear to me why I am doing this and for me to share this with my PS.
1) Tighten the overall skin laxity in the lower part of my face
2) Eliminate the lower jowls that are forming thus removing the weight from this area making appear heavy. These are especially noticeable when they are shadowed.
3) Tighten my chin area subtly as a result
4) Have my face shape look less square and more of the natural shape when I was younger with a pointy chin
5) Improve my jawline, making it more tight and defined for a better front and side view
6) Eliminate the early waddling under my neck for a better, tighter front on view and side view
7) Have the neck area in general tighter, more youthful looking and so my lower face doesn't look pudgy
8) Remove the draping of the upper eyelids for a more alert, energetic look and better eye profile from the side

I had four other consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. I decided to go with Dr. William Portuese in Seattle, WA because of the 124 reviews on RS with 4.7 rating out of 5, and the amount of experience he has had with facial plastic surgery. His credentials including education are solid. He was the only PS that I went to for a consult that had an entire album of his before and afters in the waiting room. He had a very relaxed, non-rushed manner about him as some of the other consults, the PSs seemed to want to get me in and out of the consults. So not pleasant!

My spouse does not think I need to have this done but he is supporting my decision because he knows how important it is to me. He will be my caretaker following the surgery. I am not telling anyone else I am having this done.

I know this surgery with Dr. Portuese is expensive; however, he does have great experience, reviews and credentials. I may have considered going outside the country to a PS with great reviews on RS to save on costs but my spouse was not comfortable with this.

I feel good and confident about my decision especially after reviewing these pre-op photos I posted! I am psychologically ready. I have done substantial research and feel prepared in this way as well.

Pre-op Consult 1st Week of Oct 2016

My pre-op consult is scheduled for the first week of Oct 2016. I paid the $500 deposit & will play the entire remaining amount 2 weeks before surgery. I'm going to be meeting with the nurse practitioner & PS. I have a list of questions I have been compiling.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I will review after procedure.