28 Years Old, No Kids, Breast Lift No Augment After Weight Loss. Saskatchewan, SK

Reading these reviews have helped me a lot in...

Reading these reviews have helped me a lot in making my decision so I wanted to post my own experience. I'm just about to turn 28. I had been overweight since a kid. When I was 22 I lost about 70 pounds. I'm very proud of myself for that but my breasts have always been something I'm very unhappy with, and got worse after I lost weight. My areolas are excessively big and my left breast is about twice the size of the right. Getting a lift is something I've told myself I'll do when I'm older, but at this point I don't think I'm going to have kids and I think I care a lot more about what they look like now than when I'm older.

I went back and forth on getting implants along with this lift. I tried to read up on them a lot and I'm still not sure how I feel about them. so for now the plan is to get just the lift (with a reduction for the left one to make them closer to the same size), and if I'm still not happy I'll look back into implants. I think that there's a good chance that having appropriate sized areolas will be enough to make me happy with them.

I was looking for surgeons and I found a lot of good reviews (on this site and others) about dr Chris Thomson right here in Saskatoon. Not having to travel somewhere for the surgery will be really nice. I had a consultation with him and he said my surgery would be tricky. The right (small one) will just be getting a donut lift, since it doesn't really need the lift, just the areola to be a normal size; the left one is going to get an anchor lift with a bit of a reduction. So the scars will be different on each of them but I'm okay with that. He also said it might be hard to get them an identical size, but again I figure it has to end up better than it is now.

He didn't have any before and after pictures to show and said basically it was because the risk of accidentally breaking privacy laws wasn't worth it to them. This concerned me a little bit but I've seen pictures of some of his surgeries on here and read reviews and everyone's had really really great things to say about him and his work. I still had a few questions after the initial consultation so I wanted to talk to him again before I booked the surgery. His schedule was really full but they fit me in at the end of one of his days. I'm pretty sure he stayed late to see me and answer all my questions, which I really appreciated.

My surgery is scheduled for April 5th. It's going to cost a little over $8500, which I'm considering a very big birthday gift to myself. I had to pay $150 for the consultation, which comes off the total, and $1000 to book the surgery. I have to go back to the office and pay the rest at least two weeks before the surgery, which is getting close!!

I'm so nervous but also getting excited. I've never had surgery before, except for wisdom teeth, so I'm not really sure how well I recover or how I scar. I'm hoping I can go back to work in a week - i have a desk job and I need to I can work from home until I feel good enough to go in to the office. I really don't want anyone to find out about it so I'm hoping I can pass this off as just a week of vacation.

I'm still a little worried about what I need to do or get ready before my surgery. I have a pre op appointment at my family doctor next week, and I was going to look for some bras to wear after the surgery. The doctor said that I should just buy some shelf bras that aren't very restrictive for right after. This is a little different from a lot of things I've read on here so I'm hoping that I understood him right. I always sleep on my side, so sleeing on my back will be a hard thing to get used to. I don't have a recliner at my place so I'm not sure if it would be better to sleep on my couch or upstairs in my bedroom.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm going to try my best to keep this up to date as I go through everything. I'm so nervous!!!!!!

Surgery tomorrow!

So tomorrow is my surgery day and I'm kind of terrified right now! I've never had any kind of surgery and I'm freaking out a little bit. I've tried to get things ready but I'm probably missing something. The house is somewhat clean, laundry is done, and I have a bunch of food in the fridge. Hopefully I'm okay with what I've got. I have to be there at 7am tomorrow which is probably a good thing. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep a bit tonight and then just get it over with tomorrow morning. I got a wedge pillow today. I'm hoping that it will help me to sleep on my back. I'm a constant side sleeper so I feel like it's going to be really uncomfortable, along with everything else.

I'm really worried about how long i'll take to recover. I love golf and yoga and it's going to be really hard to take time off of those, especially with nice weather coming.

Does anyone have recommendations about what the best product for scarring is? My local pharmacy had these mederma scar patches in stock but I'd spend extra money/effort to get whatever works best.

I feel like I'm making the right choice for me, but there's still been a little voice in the back of my head saying 'you're really paying someone to cut you open?!' Hopefully it goes well and doesn't hurt too bad and I'm happy with the results. I have some great people looking after me so I'm crossing my fingers I'll get through this week and I'll feel good enough to go back to work next week.

It's done!

So the surgery was this morning. My friend drove me there around 7. I think my surgery started around 8 - first one of the day thank god! I signed a couple forms and they took me in to change into a gown and then to a bed. I was so scared. I was kind of holding it together but the nurse could tell I was really nervous. She gave me a hug and told me I'd be okay and then the tears came. Haha I really didn't want to cry but it happened. Everyone there was really nice. The anesthetist came in and asked me some more questions and then dr Thomson came in and drew on me. Then they took me to the operating room and put on some monitors and before I knew it I was waking up after.

They asked me about my pain level and (I assume) gave me some drugs. I went back to sleep a couple times. For some reason I didn't want to sleep but it kept happening. Lol my friend came back to pick me up and filled my prescriptions and it was time to go. This was around 11:30. The first time I sat up I got really hot and started feeling kind of nauseous. I laid back for a while and then got in a wheelchair and they took me to the front door. I really thought I was going to throw up in my friend's truck but I managed not to! I brought a bunch of bras to the surgery to see which I should wear after but they gave me a tank top with a shelf bra and said to wear it for the rest of today. I have a follow up appointment with him tomorrow morning so I think he'll tell me more about the aftercare then. And they said I can shower tomorrow, which is great but I'm a little concerned about.

We got home around noon and I took the Tylenol and Celebrex they gave me. They prescribed morphine tablets too but I was feeling okay so I didn't take any. I was kind of expecting for the drugs they gave me after surgery to wear off and to start feeling pretty bad in the afternoon but it didn't really get worse. The left one is more uncomfortable than the right, which makes sense. It bled a little bit this afternoon. So far the right one doesn't really hurt at all. It's been a bit itchy but nothing major. The left one kind of twinges a bit but it's not bad. I'm really hoping tomorrow is as good as today pain-wise. I heard the swelling gets worse in the few days so I'm a little worried about waking up tomorrow! My nurse roommate recommended taking a morphine tablet before bed so hopefully the night goes alright. I'm still not looking forward to sleeping on my back.

I told myself before the surgery that I wasn't going to look at them right after because I knew they'd look horrifying. But curiosity got me and I had to look. It's actually not as scary as I thought it would be! The right one looks really normal - it didn't really get a lift, just a shrunken areola. I'm so very very happy with that one. The left one looks pretty weird in comparison. It's really full on top and doesn't have a fold like the other one, which I'm guessing is just swelling and will go away. From what I've read it should settle over the next weeks/months so I'm really hoping it turns out as nice as the other one. They aren't going to be big or full like if I had the implants too, but if they both end up looking like the right looks now I'm still going to be really happy.

I think that's all I have for today! Fingers crossed tomorrow doesn't hurt too bad!!

Already bored

I had my post op appointment this morning. He said everything went well and looked good and I'll have another appointment in a month. and no exercise for the month. I've been feeling about the same today as yesterday. The Tylenol seems to be keeping things in check. I can feel when it starts to wear off but it hasn't been too bad. They definitely hurt to touch so I'm kind of apprehensive of putting on a sports bra yet. The left one bled a little bit today but not as much as yesterday.

I'm already bored. I ran some errands after my appointment and then napped for most of the afternoon. I'm not sure if it's the drugs but I've been really sleepy on and off today. I'm going to have to pick up a hobby again or start a new book. This is going to drive me crazy.

Almost 2 months post

I haven't had much to say lately but I figured I'd take some more pictures. The tape came off at one month. I was really happy with how things were looking for that first month. I can tell that the one with the vertical incision is dropping (very slowly). Unfortunately the areola of other one has started stretching out. They matched so well when it was first done so it's quite disappointing to see it keep stretching like this. I really hope this is as big as it's going to get. I think it's still a little smaller than before the surgery but it does upset me a little because it looked so good right after the surgery. I went bra shopping once and it was amazing to me how close the size of them are now. Being able to find a bra that fits in both cups was a pretty big moment. Overall I'd say I'm still happy, but there's definitely a still a twinge of disappointment when I look at them.
Saskatchewan Plastic Surgeon