50 Y/o, 166 Lbs, 55 Lb Weight Loss - Sarasota, FL

I decided on this procedure 1 year after radically...

I decided on this procedure 1 year after radically changing my life. This includes daily exercise and eating fresh foods with minimal processing and added ingredients. I lost 55 lbs and kept it off for 6 mos. My body is strong. I'm 50 and in the best shape of my life, within 15 lbs of my ideal weight. It was perfect time and I took a sabbatical from my work.

I have been self-conscious about my belly since I was a kid. Despite being active, I was never slim like the girls I always envied. I gained a lot of weight with my two kids and had c- sections.

I am very happy with my result. After 1 week I can see a visible difference. The idea of a "forever-flat" tummy is still a little overwhelming. I live by the beach am excited to finally wear bikinis!

2 weeks post-op

So far things are going great. I'm moving a lot easier. I've been fine taking only ibuprofen when needed for pain and swelling. All of my drains, stapes, sutures and tape are off and I will start scar care tomorrow. My PS gave me a gel.

I'm used to working out every day and have been thinking about how much more effective my workouts will be now that I'm rid of my gut. I have been cleared to walk as much as I want and I can start low impact workouts next week. Walking is my workout of choice anyway so I'm going to start with some neighborhood walking and treadmill next week. I'm used to carrying weight and that will be later. My goal is bikini body by Christmas!

3 weeks post-op

Things are improving every day. I'm sore when moving a lot and need to sit and rest sometimes. I use ibuprofen when feeling sore but not all day.
My scar is improving quickly with the treatment from my PS. I am happily surprised!
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

My PS Dr Kreithen is talented and his office has been incredibly supportive, sharing my desire for the best possible outcome. Extra care was taken to insure infection prevention and proper recovery. The office provided me with pre and post-op vitamins and minerals in a suppliment program to begin a week before and take for 3 weeks after. The procedure is expensive with this physician, however it includes an overnight hospital stay and it is truly comprehensive, including scar treatment products.