BBL TT Lipo Scheduled With DURAN 6/13/2016. Dominican Republic, DO

And so it begins! I just got my date confirmation...

And so it begins! I just got my date confirmation with Duran today for July 2nd at 6am. I went through Bella Vita because I had emailed and called Duran since the summer of 2014. Maybe I wasn't stalker enough because some girls do get through. But, once I saw I only had 4 months before July (the only month I can go to D.R) I went ahead and gladly paid Bella Vita the $200. I knew that whatever month we were on Duran was scheduling 3 months from that thanks to all the ladies who reviewed the doctor on here.

I know some of you are like you're stupid for paying Bella Vita for a quote. But the way I see it, the girls at Bella Vita do more than just get your quote. I've seen many girls here who get their quotes through Duran herself and then find themselves waiting months for Duran to confirm a date or to let her know the deposit is sent I didn't have that hassle. That's 1. Number 2 they can guide you through all the unknowns, I didnt really need that because I'm Dominican and I have family out there. And 3 many many doctors don't bother with emails at all. You have to go for an in person consult and pay for that initial appt. So I take it as "hey I paid for my hassle free consultation" lol. Not to mention that the surgery cost is already pretty low that to risk not getting yours for $200 is absurd.

Duran is already scheduling into July ladies. So keep that in mind.

A little about me:

I'm having a BBL with liposuction and a TT.
I weigh 168lbs.
Height 5'9".
Bust: 40"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 37"

How I got my quote, confirmed my date and sent my deposit

Like I said in my first entry I went through Bellavita to get my quote because after 8 months of constantly trying to contact Duran... I got nothing. So I just wanted to briefly outline the steps and attach pictures, hopefully realself will not delete anything as I believe my last post had parts deleted where I wrote about having twins and why that is the reason my stomach is like a deflated mylar balloon, but I digress...
Step 1: I went to bellavitaconsultants.com, wrote them on March 4th, 2015 at 6am through their contact us link and got an automated response at 10am which I have pictured above.
Step 2: I filled out the client registration form that was attached to automated email and sent it back on March 9th, 2015 to Bellavita with my 3 before pics and 3 wish pics. Pictured above.
Step 3: On March 12th, 2015 I received an email stating I was a candidate for elective surgery pending further approval from the doctor and confirmation from BV that they received my form and pics and shortly after received an invoice to pay the $200 fee pictured above.
Step 4: I paid the fee through paypal on March 12, 2015.
Step 5: I received my quote, instructions on how to deposit money into Durans account, and instructions in relation to pre and post op care on March 29th, 2015 pictured above. Now I know that it was 2 weeks and a 1/2 before I got my quote but in their defense Jazmine, the head of bellavita and the one who was coordinating my case, was sick around the time as per her Instagram. So Im not trying to defame or tout anyones business I'm just putting the facts of my journey. But I am comprehensible enough to understand her being ill. Either way I'm happy because I got my quote!!! :D
Step 6: I sent my deposit through an independent money wiring agency March 30, 2015(Dominicans know all about this! Lol we have family in the Dominican Republic we wire money to and we use agencies around the way to do so) BV wanted $45 to deposit money from their bank to Durans and it was a bit steep for me considering my bank only wanted $20, and then I thought about how my mother sends money out there and I was able to wire it for $5!!! I don't know if I can post the name of the agency here because of the terms and conditions or what not but if you're interested you can inbox me privately they're very popular and reputable and I did my wire online.
Step 7: I sent a copy of my Duran deposit receipt to BV. Pictured above. And I kind of f'd this part up, because the money is supposed to be sent in dollars and I sent it in pesos like a dummy please keep that in mind. The money wire agency I used has the option of depositing money in dollars but I didn't notice that button when I did it. You live and learn.
Step 8: I was reprimanded a bit by BV for sending money in pesos lol but they still got me my date confirmed! As pictured above. All she said was take the deposit money with me to DR just in case but my date is set by Duran for July 2, 2015 as pictured.

Now onto the rest of my planning... Supplements, supplies, passport renewal, flight, and recovery places. Until next time thanks for following my journey!

I really hate that I cant edit my reviews on RS

Here are the rest of the pictures from my email correspendences. Please disregard where I say pictured above in post # 2 lol

Pics aren't very clear...

Since the pics I posted don't show the text very well I will copy paste any of the relevant text info on here. I will try to keep it neat as it is a lot of text and can be overwhelming. But I think it's important you guys have this info.

Pricing list as per Bella Vita in case you guys are curious

LIPOSCULPTURE AND FAT GRAFTING (BBL)
$3500 -$4000 USD (Dominican Republic) $2500-$3500 USD (Colombia)

LIPOSCULPTURE, BREAST AUGMENTATION/LIFT/OR REDUCTION
$5,200 - $5,900 USD (Dominican Republic) $4,500 - $5,500 USD (Colombia)

ABDOMINALPLASTY
$4,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $3,000 USD (Colombia)
Add liposculpture and fat grafting from $4,500 - $5,000 USD (Dominican Republic)
$4,200 - $4,800 USD (Colombia)
Add breast procedure from $6,500 - $7,000 USD (Dominican Republic)
$5,900 - $6,500 USD (Colombia)

BREAST AUGMENTATION
$3,200 – 3,800 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,200 - $3,000 (Colombia)

BREAST LIFT
$3,200 – 3,800 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,200 - $3,000 (Colombia)

BREAST REDUCTION
$3200 – 3800 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,200 - $3,000 (Colombia)

BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH LIFT
$3,400 - $4,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,800 - $3,500 USD (Colombia)

BRACHIOPLASTY (ARM LIFT)
$3,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,200 – 2,500 (Colombia)

THIGH LIFT
$3,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $2,200 – 2,500 (Colombia)

RHINOPLASTY
$3,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $1,500 - $2,000 (Colombia)

VAGINOPLASTY
$2,000 - $2,500 USD (Dominican Republic) $1,000 - $1,500 USD (Colombia)

VAMPIRE FACIAL
$325 USD (Colombia)

VERTICAL GASTRIC SLEEVE
$9,000 USD (Dominican Republic) $7,500 USD (Colombia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the info given to me with my quote of USD$4800 for TT, LIPO BBL:

All surgeries are performed in the clinic CIPLA, along with post operative care.
All materials, drugs and implants we use are top quality and are duly approved by the Ministry of Health in Dominican Republic, FDA and/or EU models.

This budget [$4800] does not include: unforeseen events, emergency reoperation costs, consultations with other medical specialists and cost of blood transfusions, medications after surgery or post surgical physiotherapy.

Anesthesia type used is epidural block with sedation.

All patients must have a BMI of 34% or less at the time of surgery.

The quote includes

Costs: Admission into the surgical clinic, anesthetic drugs, medicines, use per hour of surgery room, gastable material, one night stay at the clinic, operating costs, one post surgical compression garment, and all post surgical follow up appointments.

Not included:

Labs & Exams: $300 USD Medications: $150-200 USD Insurance: $150 USD Massages: $30 USD (Each) Second Stage Faja: $150 USD Blood transfusión: $250 USD - If needed*

Medication before surgery:

Please obtain your hemoglobin level prior to surgery, a level of atleast 13 is required for the procedure. You may also begin taking the following at least one month prior to surgery: Iron with Folic Acid, vitamin C and B12

After surgery You'll need:

Fraxiparina

Amoxicilina con ácido clavulanico

Iron

Vitamina C, B12

Omeprazol

Proteín (ensure)

Lioton gel (heparin gel)

Arnica (tablets and/or cream)

Other supplies:

Maxi Pads

Tank tops or tshirts

Sanitary wipes

Comfortable Clothes

The patient is responsible for reserving their flight and stay. Please reserve your stay and send me the details of your choice upon confirmation of surgery. You will need to be here for at least 10 days.

To secure your date for surgery, please send a $250 security deposit via BANK WIRE TRANSFER (No remittance payments) to:

Bank: Banco de reservas República Dominicana.
Account number: 200 02 092 000588 4
Recipient: Agustina Hilario Duran
Swift Code: BRRDDOSD
ABA: 021000089
Bank address: Calle Maria Trinidad Samchez, Cotui provincia Sanchez Ramirez

Please note: This deposit is non-refundable AND non-transferable.

Our airport is located in the city of Santo Domingo and is called Las Americas International Airport

(SDQ).

Please send me an email once you have sent the deposit so that I can confirm and secure your date. Also provide me with your flight information and recovery house details once you have them so that I am able to ensure you have everything you need for your stay.

Dra Durans address: 137 Avenida Pedro Henriquez Urena, 2nd. Floor Suite 212, Sector La Esperilla, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Pre op and post op instructions as per Durans email

These are the instructions I received for pre and post op care. There are also post op instructions for breast augmentation/lift, brachioplasty and rhinoplasty, though not relevant to what I'm getting, I added it there at the bottom for those that may be interested. In case you guys didn't know you MUST stop smoking at least 3 months before you go for surgery! I stopped in February and have not looked back
Pre op

Before surgery we will perform an assessment to verify that your state of health is adequate to submit to surgery. You should therefore have FAST the morning of surgery to realize: blood labs, chest plate, electrocardiogram and physical examination by an internist or cardiologist. If you complete your labs the day prior to surgery, please still refrain from eating or drinking anything other than water past 9pm the night before.

The surgery is performed under regional anesthesia or lock with assisted sedation to not feel discomfort when the anesthesia is applied. Depending on your procedures, the surgery may take about to 3 hours or more. The first night you will be recovering in the clinic where I operate, and be discharged the next day for outpatient management, ie through visits. And carry a drain for 1 week and will use a compression garment postsurgical, during the day, for 6 weeks. I need to give close follow-up care for a minimum of 10 days to ensure that you heal properly and to check your progress.

In order to be able to operate on you, you have to have high levels of hemoglobin (above 12), as they decrease with bleeding from the surgery itself, and I dislike my patients to be transfused unless it’s an absolute emergency. There is an additional cost for a blood transfusion in the amount of $150 that is not included in your quote, should a transfusion be needed.

It is therefore advised that you take daily from now: a multivitamin, an iron pill with folic acid and 3 grams of vitamin C (1 gram 3 times daily). Consume a nutritious diet rich in protein, vegetables and fruits. Please refrain from taking vitamin E. You CAN NOT TAKE ASPIRIN from two (2) weeks prior to surgery, as well as any medicine that contains or is thinner, it can encourage bleeding during surgery.

DO NOT SMOKE and avoid secondhand smoke at least three months before because the vasoconstrictor action of nicotine decreases the flow of oxygen necessary for healing of tissues and can cause serious complications. Please inform me of any other medications you are taking, even as a nutrition supplement, ointments, etc.. (For any substance, natural or not may have a bad interaction or impact with surgery or anesthesia). Also inform me of any health condition you may suffer from prior to surgery.

You are encouraged to purchase and bring with you any items that you feel will aid you in your recovery. Such items include: Abdominal boards, epi foam, urine funnel, along with any antiseptic items to ensure sanitation measures are met.

I also encourage and advise my patients to taking Arnica and Bromelain supplements to aid in the recovery process. Arnica is common homeopathic medicine given to people before and after surgery because of its ability to reduce surgical shock and minimize bleeding. Bromelain is used for reducing swelling (inflammation), especially of the nose and sinuses, after surgery or injury.

-------------------------------------------

Post op care:

Please thoroughly read though the post-operative care instructions directly pertaining to your specific procedure(s), including the wound care instructions located at the bottom of the document and the drainage care instructions, located on another attached document.

For all surgical procedures:

Seek medical attention if you are having an adverse or unexpected reaction during your recovery.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET OUT OF BED EARLY AND OFTEN AFTER YOUR SURGERY (WITH ASSISTANCE) TO PREVENT POSTOPERATIVE PROBLEMS. PLEASE TAKE 15-20 DEEP BREATHS PER HOUR FREQUENTLY TO KEEP YOUR LUNGS CLEAR

Avoid strenuous activity and lifting of objects heavier than 10 lbs for 3 weeks (keep heart rate less than 100 beats per minute.)

If you notice some vaginal burning and itching (vaginitis) as a result of the antibiotic given after surgery, Dra. Duran or your family physician can prescribe Diflucan, or yeast medications can be purchased over the counter. Ask your pharmacist for assistance.

Unexplained Leg Pain. One of the major risks of surgery is the development of blood clots in the legs, a condition known as deep vein thrombosis (DVT).

If your incision begins to separate, your surgeon should be contacted immediately. Cover the wound with a moist bandage or clean piece of cloth, then seek medical attention

Contact your surgeon’s office if you are constipated or having difficulty urinating. Straining to have a bowel movement or urinate can increase the pressure in your abdomen and put stress on your incisions, and these symptoms can be signs of more severe complications.

Do not take aspirin or products containing aspirin for 3 weeks after surgery

Please take all medication carefully and as directed.
If you have nausea, vomiting, rash, shortness of breath, or diarrhea after taking your medications please call my office or contact your PCP if you have returned home.

If you develop a fever (oral temperature greater than 101°), redness, or increased pain at the surgical incisions, please call immediately.

Drink plenty of fluid, do not allow yourself to get dehydrated

DO NOT SMOKE. This is very important.

All incisions will be extremely sensitive to sunlight during the healing phase. Direct sun contact is to be avoided and use a sunscreen with SPF 20 or greater (with both UVA and UVB protection) for at least 6 months.

------------------------------------------

Abdominoplasty

Stay on a soft diet, high in protein, for 2-3 days and avoid spicy food which can cause nausea and gas. Then you may resume a normal, high protein diet.

It is important to note that showers are not possible while the drains are in place. Sponge baths are acceptable for hygiene.

You may resume sexual activity in 4 weeks. For the first 10 days following surgery, raising your blood pressure (heart rate) will cause bleeding. Abdominal stress on your muscles will stretch or break the sutures if you exercise before 4 weeks. At four weeks you should consider passive or less vigorous sexual activity that will not cause abdominal movement.

A compression garment is put on at the end of the operation. This must be worn at all times for at least four weeks. A second stage garment should be used at about 2 weeks post op. It is recommended that you purchase one from the clinic. You may only remove the garment to shower until directed otherwise.

Do not remove your steri strips; allow them to fall off on their own.

Avoid wearing clothing that may be too tight or that may rub on your unhealed incision to avoid developing an infection

Silicone sheeting is recommended for post-operative wound care and healing but most not be used until the wound has completely healed.

All incisions will be extremely sensitive during the healing phase. Direct sun is to be avoided.

When going out, even on cloudy days, use a sunscreen with SPF 20 or greater for at least 1 year that has both UVA and UVB protection.

Please do not drive for 7-10 days

Do not lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for 3 weeks

It is good to walk for 15-20 minutes 6 times per day

Do not run, lift weights, play tennis, or golf for 3-4 weeks after surgery. (Keep your heart rate under 100 for 3 weeks)

You may begin swimming 4 weeks post-operatively, if healing is complete
-----------------------------------
Liposuction

After surgery, it is important for you to have someone available to stay with you for the first 24- 48 hours, as you will be weak and drowsy. You may require help the first few times you get out of bed.

It is important to be walking early and frequently, move your legs and ankles when in bed. Keep legs elevated, when in bed, for the first 2-3 days. Please don’t cross your legs as this can increase the risk for blood clots.

Please take deep breaths frequently to keep your lungs clear (15-20 per time)

A light diet is best after surgery. Begin by taking liquids slowly and progress to soups or jello. You may start a regular diet the next day.

It is important to refrain from any strenuous activities for 3 weeks after surgery. Keep your heart rate below 100 beats per minute. Gradually work to pre-surgical activities beginning slowly at the 2nd week.

The body retains fluids in response to surgery so do not expect to see any immediate weight loss for the first 2-3 weeks. In the long run you will see more of a change in the way your clothes fit than a decrease in pounds.

Swelling and bruising are a normal expectation following surgery. Bruising could be apparent for as long as 3-4 months afterwards. The bruises will move down your body as they are absorbed.

Massage to the surgical sites will help increase circulation and alleviate the hardness felt underneath the skin. Massage can begin 5 days after surgery. Request a lymphatic massage therapist
-------------------------------
Fat Transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift)

Avoid sitting for about 2 weeks (If possible). This is important because prolonged sitting may damage the fat. The fat behaves as a graft (no blood supply) during the first few weeks. Once the fat develops its own blood supply, then sitting will be recommended.

Walk and stretch your legs. You need to ambulate! This will help to decrease the risk of developing clots.

Take ibuprofen 400mg by mouth every 6hrs around the clock.

Do buttocks stretching exercises. This will help with your recovery.

Wear your compression girdle at all times. You can remove it to take a shower; then wear the garment again.

From the day after surgery, take water pills for three consecutive days. Your body will be swollen all over because of the fluid shift. This will help getting rid of your swelling

Wear a compression stocking net the first day after surgery to prevent clots.
Wound Care Instructions

Apply Polysporin or Bacitracin ointment sparingly to the suture line for the first two days only. Discontinue ointment after two days as it may cause a skin irritation or reaction (dermatitis.) If you have DermaBond (skin glue) closure, you do not need to apply ointment to the area.
Apply cold compresses as much as possible to the incision site during the first 3-5 hours to help reduce swelling. With permission you may shower the second post-operative day. Let the water hit the area and blot dry. The swelling and discoloration peak at the third day and then decrease over the next 5-7 days.

If applicable, elevate the operated area above the level of the heart.

One half of all sutures will be removed. Wear steri-strips on the suture line at all times for the next 4 weeks, after suture removal. The steri-strips will be provided for you. You may shower or bathe with the strips in place. Remove every 5-7 days, bathe, dry the area gently and reapply.

Week 2-4
Continue to wear steri-strips at all times. The longer you are able to wear the strips after surgery will optimize the final appearance of your incision. Most of the swelling and discoloration should be resolved.

Week 3-4
Use Scar Cream twice daily by massaging into the incision in a circular fashion. Use the cream for 6 months, which minimizes scar problems. You may also use silicone sheeting. The scar cream recommended is specially formulated with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and an oil free moisturizer.

Months 9-12
The scar will be re-evaluated at this time. Infrequently, scar revision may be needed, but will not be performed until at least 12-15 months after surgery, to allow for maximal wound healing.

* Strenuous activity and heavy lifting is to be avoided for at least 4-6 weeks.

* Direct sun contact on the surgical site is to be avoided for 6-12 months. Please use a sunscreen SPF 15 with UVA and UVB (Skinceuticals.)

-------------------------------

Post operative medications

You may purchase these at the clinic for $150 USD or may get this from your Primary Care Physician. If you are getting it from your PCP please ensure to get it PRIOR to your surgery.

CLAVULIN 1GR: antibiotic-prescription

DICLOFENAC 50MG for the pain-prescription

OMEPRAZOL 20 MG is a gastric protector-prescription

TROMBOCIL CREAM: relief of superficial hematomas- OTC

HEPARIN 40 MG: Subcutaneous injection 1 per day for 8 days

CLAVULIN 1GR: Take 1 every 24 hours for 10 days

DICLOFENAC 50MG: Take 2 tablets together the first 3 days every 6 hours, then at 4th day take 1 every 8 hours for 10 days

OMEPRAZOL 20 MG: Take 1 every 12 hours for 10 days

VITAMIN C 500 MG: Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for a month.

FERROUS SULFATE: Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for 30 days.

FOLIC ACID 10 MG: Take 2 tablets per day for 15 days.

Please note: This list, along with the dosing schedule and calculations may or may not be final as it may need to be modified to fit your specific needs.
Breast Augmentation, Reduction and Lift

After surgery, it is important for you to have someone available to stay with you for the first 24- 28 hours, as you will be weak and drowsy. You may require help the first few times you get out of bed

It is important to get out of bed early and often after your surgery (with assistance) to prevent postoperative problems. Please take deep breaths frequently to keep your lungs clear (15-20 per hour.)

Keep your head elevated about 30 degrees (two pillows) with the knees slightly flexed.

After surgery it is best to go to bed and elevate your head and shoulders on at least 2 pillows.

A light diet is best after surgery. Begin by taking liquids slowly and progress to soups or Jell-O You may start a regular diet the next day.

Please take the pain medication only if you have pain. Take it with crackers, Jell-O, etc. You should need it the first 2-3 days after surgery every 3-4 hours.

For the first 48 hours keep your arm movements to a minimum. Your arms should not be used to support your body or lift anything heavy. Do not push with your arms to lift yourself in bed.

You may shower 24 hours after surgery.

Dra. Duran will advise you when you may wear an underwire bra (usually 6 weeks after surgery.)

Strenuous activities and exercises are to be avoided until 3 weeks after surgery. (heart rate should stay below 100 beats per minute.) You may gradually resume normal daily activities after 48 hours being careful to avoid any activity that causes pain or discomfort.

Driving may be resumed when a sharp turn of the steering wheel will not cause pain; this is usually within 5-7 days.

Breast implant massage should start 3-5 days after surgery. An illustration is provided and the nurse or Dra Duran will show you how to perform these breast exercises. The importance of the breast exercises cannot be over emphasized. They help to prevent capsular contractures and promote healing of the chest muscles. You should be committed to doing these exercises on each breast three times daily for life.

All incisions will be extremely sensitive to sunlight during the healing phase. Direct sun contact or tanning booths are to be avoided and use a sunscreen with SPF of 15 with UVA and UVB protection for at least 6 months. The incision scars can be massaged with a moisturizing cream, vitamin E, or aloe vera cream starting 3 weeks after surgery. This will promote early softening and maturation of these areas.

Sensations like numbness, sharpness, and burning are common during the healing process. These sensations may last several weeks and will gradually disappear.

Bruising and swelling are normal for 2-3 weeks. It will disappear over time.

You will initially feel like your implants are too high and too large. This will resolve over the first 4-6 weeks post operatively.

If you have nausea, vomiting, rash, shortness of breath, or diarrhea after taking your medications, please call our office

If you develop a fever (oral temperature greater than 100°), redness and/or increased pain at the surgical incision sites, please call Dra. Duran immediately.

Brachioplasty

It is important to walk and only lift your arms less than 90 degrees at the shoulder for the first 10-14 days to minimize tension on the suture line. Sleep with your arms on 2-3 pillows to minimize swelling. This will improve the quality of your scar.

After your surgery, start with a liquid diet and then progress to a soft diet. Limit spicy foods which cause gas or bloating. Though it is impossible to get rid of gas entirely, there are strategies to reduce it. Eat and drink slowly. Do not gulp. Chew thoroughly. Cut down on carbonated drinks. Avoid sugar-free gums and sugar-free candies that contain sorbitol or zylitol – both sweeteners are poorly digested. If gas is painful and persistent, call our office. People are all different so you will need to use your judgment on food choices.

If you have sutures, they will be removed in 7-10 days and you will wear steri-strips for 3-4 weeks. Thereafter, apply scar cream to maximize wound healing beginning at week 3. Use the cream for 6 months after surgery. You may also use silicone sheeting.

Take your pain pills, herbal supplements, and muscle relaxants as directed to manage your discomfort.

Please wear your arm compression binder continuously for 14 days. You can take it off to shower on day 3 per Dra. Duran’s instructions.

Do not drive for 7-10 days

You may resume sexual activity in 4 weeks. (Raising your blood pressure for the first 10 days following surgery may cause bleeding.)

Do not take ibuprofen, aspirin or products containing aspirin for 3 weeks after surgery.

Do not lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for 3 weeks. It is good to walk for 15-20 minutes 2-3 times per day. Do not run, lift weights, play tennis, or golf for 3-4 weeks. (Keep your heart rate under 100 for 3 weeks.) You may begin swimming 4 weeks post-operatively

Moderate swelling of your arms is to be expected. You may find that your clothes may not fit as easily as before. Be patient. The swelling will gradually subside and you will be back to normal in 3 to 6 months.

Because of the removal of tissue from your arms, there is a certain amount of tightness that is to be expected. This will slowly relax within 6 months.

Infrequently after surgery, you may have fluid in the arms after the drains are removed. If this happens, please contact our office, as Dr. Duran will want to see you to remove the fluid, if you are an international patient, please contact a local plastic surgeon to have the fluid removed

-------------------------------------

Rhinoplasty

When sleeping keep your head elevated on 2 pillows for the first 7 days after surgery

During the day for the first 72 hours after surgery, apply crushed ice in an ice bag or Swiss Eye Pads (obtained from the hospital) to minimize swelling and bruising. Do not put pressure on the nasal splint.

It is normal to continue to swell after the first 48 hours. Swelling reaches its peak at 48-72 hours.

If you have pain, take the pain medication every 4-6 hours. It is best to take it with crackers, jello, etc. If you have no pain, do not take the medication. Alcohol should not be used while you are taking a pain medication.

Following surgery begin with a light diet: liquids only. The next day you can begin a soft, regular diet but for 2 weeks avoid foods that require excessive lip movement such as apples, corn on the cob, etc.

You will probably have a bloody nasal discharge for 3-4 days and may change the drip pad under your nose as often as needed. Do not rub or blot your nose, as this will tend to irritate if. You may discard the drip pad and remove the tape on your cheeks when the drainage has stopped.

To prevent bleeding, do not sniff or blow your nose for the first 2 weeks after surgery. Try not to sneeze, but if you do, sneeze through your mouth.

While the nasal splint is on, you may have your hair washed beauty salon fashion. Take care to prevent the nasal splint from getting wet.

Keep the inside edges of your nostrils and any stitches clean by using a Q-tip saturated with hydrogen peroxide followed by a thin coating of Polysporin ointment. This will help prevent crust from forming. You are to advance the Q-tip into the nose as far as the cotton tip, but no further. You will not hurt anything inside your nose as long as you are gentle in your actions.

Avoid hitting your nose for 4 weeks after surgery.

After the splint is removed, do not wear glasses or allow anything else to rest on your nose for 4 weeks. Glasses should be taped to the forehead. (We will show you how.) Contacts can be worn as soon as the swelling has decreased enough for them to be inserted.

The incision of your nose is sensitive to sunlight after surgery. Protect the incision line from sun exposure for 12 months. Wear a wide brim hat and/or a good sunscreen (SPF-20 or greater) with both UVA and UVB protection if you are in the sun, in water or on snow for prolonged periods.

The nasal splint will be removed in 6-7 days after surgery.

After the nasal splint is removed, the nose can be washed gently with a mild soap and make-up can be applied. Moisturizing creams can be used if the nose is dry.

The tip of the nose sometimes will feel numb after rhinoplasty and occasionally the front teeth will feel “funny.” These feelings will gradually disappear.

Much of the swelling will be gone in 2-3 weeks after surgery. It often takes approximately 1 year for the last 10% of the swelling to disappear. Your nose may feel stiff when you smile and not as flexible as before surgery.

This is not noticeable to others and things will gradually return to normal

-------------------------------------

Raised my hemoglobin from 11.6 to 13.0 in 2 weeks

So I was always curious how much does your hemoglobin go up per day while you take supplements, according to my calculations it's 0.1/day. This is how much I went up taking a liquid supplement that contains all the vitamins useful for raising HGB: 10mg iron, 400mcg folate, 1mcg B12, 1mg B6, it also contains: Thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), zinc and Calcium. I take two times the recommended dosage, I asked my doctor and she gave me all the stats on lethal dosages and gave me the ok, and 1 65mg Iron pill (as I am anemic and this supplement has a low amount of iron to what Im usually prescribed, but I do like that this liquid has everything to raise HGB) I actually had my heart set on Geritol since I saw so many girls say it works but when I went to the pharmacy and saw the ingredients it had no B12.... Huh? So I got this Vino Carne Hierro because it had every vitamin I needed exept for Vitamin C which I take in a prenatal pill. So altogether per day I get 105mg iron, 20mg Thiamin, 16mg Riboflavin, 4mg Vitamin B6, 1600mcg folate, 4mcg Vitamin B12, 38mg calcium and 8mg zinc. I will buy seperate Vitamin C pills because Duran requests you have 3,000mg/day before and after surgery, but, I haven't gotten around to it. Anywho I put up the pictures of the supplements I take. I almost forgot to mention that I also take a Super Enzyme pill, this contains bromelain which Duran strongly suggests you take. It contains other enzymes as well which break down food and make the vitamins in them more readily available. I also put my lab results.

All the pics did not upload.

Also, the daily amounts I put that I get of the HGB raising vitamins are only from the liquid supplement plus the iron pill. I didnt add the amounts from the prenatal because I ran out and I dont have the bottle on me. But I take the Nature Made Prenatal, Duran wants you to take a multivitamin and I chose a prenatal because they are higher in Iron and Folate but go for whatever multivitamin you like.

About sending Duran your deposit for just $5.00

Please inbox me your email address, and I will send the direct link from my gmail which is ynunez2486@gmail.com I have been soooo busy with planning and stuff, but, I will be checking Realself on a daily. Sorry to bellaboss for taking 4 days to get back, and when you're desperate to secure a date y'all know how long 4 days is!!

Traveling to DR with sooo much money

I recieved a message in my inbox about traveling with such a large sum of money to DR, being as it is a huge concern I thought maybe to give a few ideas here. I Will probably carry mine in natures pocket. All women have one and to have the security of my surgery money being safe is really priceless. Im going to get them all in big bills, stack the rolls one on top of the other as it will be too fat a bundle, I took a picture of what 23 bills look like rolled up, most of us will be traveling with about 6,000-7,000 and in all hundreds thats 60 to 70 bills which is doable. You put it in a condom, tie it up and put it like you would a tampon before getting out of the airport. Of course have a couple dollars in your purse for the cab or some food, don't put it all in your vagina. If that makes you uncomfortable at all I was thinking of taking a deodorant and hollowing it out and putting the money there, I took a pic of that as well :), same idead with the chapstick(small sum of money) and a cocoa butter stick. You can go drug smuggling style and hollow out some shoes with a heavy sole, espadrilles are good for that, some old shoes you dont care about messing up and crazy gluing back together, you can put them in your luggage or wear them(which is what I would do, in case my carry on gets stolen, you never know) you will probably need to go to a shoe repairman to help you depending the shoe, I had a good experience with an old pair of Nike air force ones that I crazy glued back. Ummm, people also sew in secret pockets on the inside of their clothes, I dont like that idea because it's over used but its an option. Another option is to conceal it in a bun, when you make your ponytail you wrap the money in the center and then make a big messy bun with it(this one is for longer haired girls with really thick curly hair, i get away with this because my hair texture) I was also thinking of taking the pads and putting the money inside and just resealing the packs and carrying it in my purse. So there's a lot of options, be creative, be safe and be on your p's and q's good luck!

Intex river run tube

I saw a review a long time ago about this Intex river run tube. According to the reviewer, other girls had good experiences with it and it was comfortable for the bbl tt combo, But, I never saw an update on it, I hope she sees this post and gives feedback, or any of you girls out there who have used this please reach out. I also saw something called a lilio.... But it's a little pricey for something that according to online reviews doesn't fit a big belly sooo I'm thinking hips and a butt may not fit, but I dunno. So again, if someone has had luck with a lilio or the intex river run tube please hit me up here. Or if anyone has any ideas as to what would work for sleeping....

A list of things to buy by Surgery Vet MissBigBuns

This is courtesy of MissBigBuns:

Here's a list of what u need, leave that other mess at home!
1. Baby Wipes- a lot and non scented. U will be tired of the smell by like day 3
2. T-shirts- go inside faja, about the size u wear now
3. Underwear- to wear outside your faja because u vagina will be out at the bottom and u can walk around in your faja and panties or if your faja is getting washed u can wear a t-shirt and panties.
4. Thick Pads- to go inside your faja. U need at least 50 pads. Them thins I brought were a joke.
5. Neosporin- cuts and burns
6. Ensure- I didn't drink mines because they were nasty but u are suppose too.
7. Water- the bottled water there is nasty.
8. Post op meds- have your PCP prescribe them because DR will try and rip u off. Try to charge a person $500 and the person left and went to another pharmacy and got them for $150.
9. 2 or 3 sundresses
10. House shoes
11. Fanny pack
12. Chux- maybe 25 if that.
13. Arnica gel and tablets
14. Bromelain
15. Hibiclens- sponge baths
16. Water pills
17. Laxatives- didn't need but a few girls did.
18- gauze and medical tape to cover drain whole once removed.
19. Toiletries
20. PEZ
21. Gloves- for nurses and massages if they don't have any.
22. Disinfectant wipes- clean toilet and sink behind yourself especially when sharing a room.
23. Phone charger
24. Alcohol pads- not many
25. Sleep aids- sleeping will be hard.
26. Itch cream and Benadryl!!!
27. Flip flops
28. Robe
29. Blanket
30. PASSPORT!!!! Bring it everywhere!!!

Post tbc next year

Dolls I'm so sorry I haven't posted. My grandfather died and I've been beside myself for the past few months. I had to allocate my money towards funeral expenses which in NYC ain't cheap. I am postponing my surgery for next year. I will update everything once I have my surgery done so as to not waste anyone's time with a post that goes nowhere.

Duran horror stories

So I said I wouldn't post until I actually went to get my surgery, but, I've read a few disturbing stories here on realself.... I'm torn because I don't know what's hearsay, and I also like to see paperwork at least to confirm these allegations, with pictures would be even better. That being said it's still something to mull over cuz you never know.... But then I look at Durans instagram and see these patients that are like BAM! Smh, I still think it wouldn't be right if these stories didn't circulate. Look up solidgold, he alleges a friend got a bacterial infection at the hands of Duran, doctors in the states said if she would've spent just a few more days in DR she would've died. He also speaks on Yily not doing the surgeries on her patients, and not being fully knocked out during his surgery with Yily. Then there is sweetforlife who went to Duran and when she went back home to Canada within two days she was in the ER and was found to have had fat grafted into her sciatic nerve... Scary. There's a bunch more info in regards to after care and such so read her blog as it is informative. Haz_love also complained about her sciatic nerve being hit and a year later no feeling in her toes. I guess in a way I'm glad I didn't go this year so I have more time to think..... Please add your comments if you know any other stories like this in regards to any doctor in DR but especially Duran as all you really see is the good like the pics above

Okay I begin Again!

I postponed my surgery because I had a death in the family, but, this time I'm going! June 13th is my new surgery date. I'm telling you I can not thank Jazmine at Bella Vita enough for her patience. So if for whatever reason you need to postpone your surgery, Bella Vita will still be in your employ the next year and will get u a new date, they picked up where we left off. So all in all the cost of their services is worth it. Now they're setting me up at a recovery house. I'm going with Real Recovery Armonia Calle Mustafa #20 Ensanche Naco Santo Domingo, DR. It is a 10 minute walk from CIPLA which is great because if anything happens I'm right there and I don't have to wait for nobody to take me, I can just walk or take a cab when I'm in my first stages and it wouldn't run me more than $300RD probably less, I'm watching those cabbies. It's also near the station for the Metro bus which I will be taking from Santiago which is where my family is from. I will make sure to let you guys know how my stay there goes. I bought my flight from JFK to STI round trip for $462.00 which is not bad for the summer. It's even cheaper if you fly into SDQ directly ($362.00 last I checked) but I need to touch base with family. The Dominican girls here will know exactly what I'm talking about lol. So stay tuned y'all because unlike many of the girls here who I feel only really need to work out and they'll be fine, my body really needs a BBL! And a tummy tuck for the stretch marks.

I also forgot to mention....

My hemoglobin is 11.6 so it's a bit low, I've been taking Vitamin C, Iron, B12 and Folic Acid 2 times a day on an empty stomach. Remember ladies Vitamin C helps aid iron absorption and Calcium and caffeine impede it. So it's always safe to take your iron on an empty stomach then wait an hour or two before consuming foods with Calcium or caffeine. In any event if your hemoglobin is way too low or your surgery is right around the corner cut out dairy and things like coffee. You don't want to risk low hemoglobin after going through all this work. I'm also working out, I want to lose about 15 pounds and get down to about 150. Being that my natural physique is tall (5'9'") and lean I want to look as natural as possible.

So I came across this profile duran_dollfromharlem and she found a website that provides CBC testing for $24! Just copy paste the link http://www.walkinlab.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=Cbc&btnSearchSubmit=

Sorry if i dont reply to comments

Realself has a real bad system as far as notifications go ay ay ay dios! Im going to have to look theough all my past posts and reply to people manually that way. Do NOT take it personal, if something needs a dire answer inboxme since I get those notifications via email.

3 days post op

I will be brief here because there's a lot of information I want to put but I feel I won't have the energy. If possible WAIT to get your tummy tuck! This recovery is BRUTAL. I don't think other reviewers have mentioned that. It is waaaayyyy too much on the body. Number 2 DO NOT go to Yily, the nurses were actually commenting on how all her patients need blood transfusion and they don't understand why. Also there is a girl in Armonia who was up during her entire surgery with Yily and lost massive blood and also mentioned only men touched her, same complaints I've read over and over on here. I will update more when I feel better, probably in NY at the end of my stay.

What to expect with Duran

I'm 4 days post op, I'm finally feeling much less pain so I can give my review here. I came 6/13 for surgery. 1. You check in at front desk in Room 212 2. They will have you pay for your stockings and girdle. $185 3. Then you pay $220 for labs. 4. They give you a receipt for everything you pay for at Durans front desk. 5. Then once you pay for labs you go down to the 1st floor to the labs and X-ray room. There they draw your blood. Blood is drawn by syringe, not the butterfly needle, it was odd because I wasn't used to it. The phlebotomist knew what she was doing and it didn't hurt. (PS I'm a bitch for needles) 6. Then right in that same room where the phlebotomist draws your blood theres another door to the left there you will have your X-rays taken. You take your top off breathe deep and hold. Snap. Done. 7. Then you will get your X-ray picture in a big white envelope. 8. You're going to take that X-ray picture back upstairs to Durans front desk. 9. Then a cardiologist will evalúate you. She will put all these electrodes on and print out an ekg which will be in your big white envelope. 10. I had to see a pneumologist in the emergency room on the 1st floor because I had a bad cough. Cost $100 which I feel he was over charging but who's gonna say no when this is the determining factor for surgery :| 11. Pneumologist did not clear me for surgery gave me medicine to clear the congestion. I got the meds on lay a way at a pharmacy in Santiago. Do NOT think that everything will be fine and come with exactly 10days vacation. Expect the unexpected. 12. Surgery was postponed until 6/15. 13. I went back 6/15 checked back in at Durans front desk. I was given my big white envelope again and sent back to the pneumologist did the breathing test on this little computer I checked out good. He weighed me and took my height and in that same room you're admitted for surgery and sent to the 4th floor. 14. You tell the front desk you were sent there from admittance. They will have you wait for a nurse. 15. A nurse calls your name and puts you in a room where they prep you for surgery. 16. Puts in your IV (That shit still hurts today) they put your robes and stockings then they put you on a nebulizer. 17. Then you get the famous blue pill. My sister has a video of me VERY loopy after taking the blue pill and I DO NOT remember that. I actually don't remember anything until from one moment to the next I'm on a wheelchair going into the OR. 18. I'm told to lay down on the operating table. I see Duran come in and then I'm blissfully unaware. Zero recollection, did not wake up once thank god because I was scared of that. 19. Next thing I remember is waking up in the post op recovery room in excruciating pain! Like my ribs are being crushed like I couldn't catch my breath just not well pain. I keep being told this is normal. Duran comes in at around 9pm to the post op room to talk to me in regards to post op care, next appointment and to give me my prescriptions. I complain that I can't catch my breath she says try to breath normal not shallow. I'm not convinced, I ain't letting it go. I kept complaining as you should complain no matter what. 20. I requested to get my blood pressure checked or something because I can't imagine that feeling is normal. They checked blood and blood pressure. Turns out my Hgb was at 8.6 from the 13.8 I came in with. 21. I gave everyone the I TOLD YOU SO LOOK. Thank goodness I know Spanish. 22. Given 2 pints of blood. Hgb went up to 10.9. 23. I requested meds to sleep- NONE! Requested meds for pain- None! Wtf!? Then they gave me diphenhydramine for sleep which is basically Benadryl. Not exactly sleeping pills but whatever. 24. Next day I wake up feeling better but the pain is surreal. I think that had I known better I would've got the Lipo and bbl first then at another point in time done the tummy tuck. 25. I'm seen by Duran and cleared to go. 26. Im placed in my faja and clothed. Catheter removal sucked and IV needle removal sucked. 27. I'm wheeled downstairs and into the cab. Off to the recovery house.

Payment for Duran

The day of surgery you will go to BanReservas and deposit your surgery money. Which is ridiculous! Because if that's how the payment process goes down then you can just leave it in your bank account and withdraw using your debit card.... I think that should be made clear. I don't know the fees but that's how the payment goes down, at the bank.

Recovery House Real recovery Armonia

I really like Mayra, soooo sweet. The staff here is also very sweet. They remind you to take your meds. They bird bathe you every day, they will even comb your hair. However I'm not going to lie there are some things I wish they would improve. There are no dressers or shelves to place your things so the nurses are forced to dig through suitcases for things. Being weak and standing butt naked while a nurse who doesn't know the contents of your bags digs for panties is NOT fun. Shelves to place our things would fix that. I also was not crazy about the food. It just seemed like all the fruits were on their last legs. I can't complain too much since the food was varied. I liked the fish and French fries and the Caesar salad but everything else was eh. But we're not here for the food, we're here for the care, which is good but I think it's so many people in the house recuperating the nurses sometimes forget when you ask for things. There is also a bell that they are not always within ear shot to hear so that's something that can be fixed. I'm happy here because there is AC in the room and a TV with some English channels. And there are also lockers for money and valuables. But there is no AC in the common areas so when my family came to visit I had to endure the sauna that is the DR. They know how to clear your drains out well and the house is clean. Another plus is its proximity to CIPLA no long car ride for us. There are also hospital beds available, crucial for tummy tucks. Wi-fi is lacking it's sooooo slooooowwwww. Also the electricity went out twice since I've been here which is to be expected for DR but I wasn't expecting at a recovery house taking American dollars :/ oh and they wash you up with bottled water which is a nice precautionary method since DR water is not as regulated as NY water is for instance. I believe that's it anything else I remember I will place in a new post.

5 days post op

Surgery was on Wednesday 6/15 and Monday 6/20 was my follow up appointment. A drain in my back was removed and my faja was tightened I the front. I would cry at the pain but I'm too constricted to do so lol. Next follow up appointment is Thursday where I was told I'd have my front drains removed THANK GOD! I will post pictures soon as I can I promise but I guess since the connection is slow the pictures were not loading. Things to note: 1. BRING AN INDUSTRIAL AMOUNT OF PADS! As big as you can find them they use them for everything! 2. Bring chux or you will be in a constant pool of blood and fluid. 3. Arnica for massages 4. Flip flops 5. Dresses- I know you've been told bring those long dresses. I say bring button up shirt dresses with pockets. That's what I brought. I also bought those old lady pajamas, we call them batas. They have pockets and snap on buttons and fruity colors- these are your best friends around the house and they're like 2 for 10$. 6. This should be number 1-HAVE YOUR PASSPORT AT ALL TIMES!!!! Omg I have my passport number memorized, that's how much I wrote it down! Seriously do not forget it as you will need it on all your preliminary paperwork. 7. Wipeys! More wipeys than you thought you would need. 8. Pain pills- I found the pain pills here didn't really work for me. 9. Panties 10. Tanks 11. Boppy 12. Toilettries but nothing crazy as you won't be bathing. But lotion is nice and a body spritz as well. 13. Alcohol swab for shots 14. Gloves. 15. Socks because it can get nippy. Then that's it! Blankets, towels and sheets the recovery house will have and so does the hospital unless you need some fancy special ones. Until next time!

Bring someone who speaks the language.

I know it's tempting to bring your mom or husband but if they don't speak the language you've brought nobody. The girl who was botched by Yily, she came with her mom sweet lady but zero Spanish! And they're relying on Yily's assistant to translate. That's a conflict of interest, bring your crazy Spanish speaking friend who can at least turn up if something happens. This poor girl is going home 5k in the whole and not even with the body she wants. I don't think I mentioned how happy I am I chose Duran as my doctor and that everything went smoothly.

UGH! DID NOT WANT TO POST ANYMORE!

I hate being antagonized online and during the month of June I had some chick on here with the internet balls try to come at me. Then when I retaliate RS wants to reprimand me. That had me HOT! So it's been a while of non posting I know but I remember there are so many ladies who really need this resource and look at it as a source of support and I really want to share that with the positive women on here. So without further ado I will post after pics now. Please no more negative BS. Thank you. And DURAN THANK YOUUUUU!!!! Seriously that woman has changed my life! WORD.

MORE PICS

Here are a few more pics, I also wanted to mention, that I did NOT want a big donkey butt, I just wanted a more proportioned figure and Duran went above and beyond my expectations. Now I have the fever to get it bigger lol I will be going for a round 2 in a few years. I also wanted you guys to take note, I SAT on my butt plenty! Having a tummy tuck makes it so theres no other way but to sit on the booty and yet I still got great results. Thank you ladies for following me on my journey.

Sickle cell trait

I wanted to point out I have the sickle cell trait. A lot of girls (me included) often wonder if their hemoglobin will go up, if the surgeon can detect the sickle cell trait and deny you surgery. Quick story about me. The first time I emailed Duran I told her I had the sickle cell trait as many girls on here say to be honest about your conditions in the email yadda yadda. Duran DENIED me directly! She said she didn't like to operate on patients with the trait because of abnormal bleeding complications and what not. I, however am a surgery vet! I have never had any complications due to my trait so I was like damn I wish I would've never said that. Honestly the people who know they have the trait usually only find out if the have complications from it (in which case you should disclose it) or if they become pregnant (in which case chances are you've never had complications, they just screen for trait now so if you and your partner have it you would reconsider having the baby who will most definitely have the full blown sickle cell anemia). So I decided to try again and not disclose this information. Should you do this? I will not say, I say got to your doctor and have him/her explain your blood results with you, things like abnormal platelet counts can signify difficulty clotting blood, white blood cell count can detect infection so these are just as important than the hemogoblin which can usually easily be raised by taking supplements. If everything is healthy aside from your hemoglobim (which if you have the trait chances are it will be a bit low) you should be fine. It is not contraindicated. But, I was more comfortable because I've had 5 surgeries prior under my belt. Sickle cell trait is not detected in regular blood work, there is a specific test that need to be ordered to detect it. Duran will deny you if you say it though but doctors here in the state routinely operate on trait patients without a problem or needing a hematologist present. And yes I was able to raise my hemoglobin, by the time I got to DR it was 13.6. I always say be real with yourself, I know what I can handle, my body is very strong and I'm in good health. But you know when you bruise easy or your allergies flare up crazy and you got a rash from your toes to your forehead, ladies be REAL and know yourselves, and listen to your gut. Other than that good luck dolls and seriously this is the last thing I say lol!
P.S.- 2.5 MONTHS LATER LIPO IS WHAT HURTS THE MOST! My lower back still burns where she lipo'd and I'm still itchy back there which I forgot to mention. Forget the benadryl NOTHING is helping that itch medically. I think the only thing that helps is menthol which immediately cools it, ice, and scratching the hell out of it until your fingers cramp up, but it is temporary relief so brace yourself. STILL BEST CHOICE I EVER MADE!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Hands down a miracle worker, I am truly grateful to this doctor for moulding my body. Best decision I've made in a very long time.