Very Happy with the results so far! Facelift and Armlift in Costa Rica

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Well I have been on RealSelf for about a year now....

Well I have been on RealSelf for about a year now. I started checking it out when I got a gastric bypass because I knew I would need some plastics done. Iv lost about 100 lbs and still have another 30 or so to go, hence the Nov date. I have chosen Dr Arguello in Costa Rica. He has fantasic reviews and pictures and great credentials Dr. Argüello´s credentials including being a member of the:
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), American Society of Aesthetic
Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), International Society of Aesthetic Plastic
Surgery (ISAPS).
I am getting a facelift, necklift, eyelift and probably an eyebrow lift. I am also getting an armlift in the same surgery unless the facelift takes longer than expected and then it will be a few days after my facelift ( the quote for face, neck, brow, eye and arm lift includes everything except my recovery stay of 14 days ) broken down the cost is as follows:
face neck eyes $5,300
eyebrows $2,000
arms $3000
surgical clinic $3000 about $4,500 if you want your surgery done at the hospital
10 therapy sessions $500
face garment $60
medications and pre op tests $500
14 days at Che Tica Recovery ranch @ $125 a day ( my husband will be with me ) its $85 a day for one
and around $1000 for airfare.
Thanks for all of you out there that do reviews and show your pictures. I will add more photos soon

this is a cash price
the 14 day stay at Che Tica is $125 a day because my husband is coming with me, its $85 for 1 person
and I figure airfare will be around $1000 for both of us.

Got secure date and bought plane tickets for hubby and I

so very exciting it is seeming more real now that I have purchase flight tickets and paid my deposit for Dec 8 surgery. I still have to lose 20 more lbs to have a low enough bmi for surgery. I'm trying to get and keep myself motivated be very strict on my diet by starting to buy stuff for the trip, so far iv gotten 2 night gowns that are loose and snap button up the front and also got new robe, someone suggested a floppy hat for when I'm outside and I got that. I don't want to take a bunch of stuff I don't need but I would love some suggestions from all of you realselfers out there that have flown out of the county to costa rica for surgery, Im getting a full face lift, eyes top and bottom, eyebrow lift and neck lift along with a chemical peel and possible some fat injections to my face. I'm also getting an arm lift. I would like to stay and Che Tica but Iv had a few people discourage me from that, I will have my husband with me he is very good at caring for me and will be fully involved in this whole thing. The cost of Verdeza is much more than Che Tica
$125 a day for both of us ( especially because there are two of us and I think I would love the scenery and quiet along with the fact that I can get a two bedroom cottage at Che Tica which would allow for my husband to do other things while I'm sleeping or resting. Any suggestions would be helpful and I promise to pay it forward by posting my before and after pictures and giving a rundown of the whole thing for others.

before pics

all before pics taken within 3months before surgery

WEll, I bet you all thought that this was never gonna happen, But it did, I'm now 8days post op

I'm now 8 days post op, every thing has gone well with no complications and I'm happy with the outcome so far, I will post a few pictures now and add more about my experience later.

The first few days, and pain free how can that be!

Day 5

Day 5, one of my eyes swells more than the other one and makes it look asymmetrical, it does even out after day 10 but who knows the swelling changes back and forth day by day it changes.

Had to do myself up just a bit to see if I will still look like myself, of course it's way to early I'm so swollen

7days post op

Day 9

Every day things get better this experience has lived up to every expectation I've had in a positive way

Day 9

Very pleased, even through the swelling I can see I'm going to love the results

Day 10 feeling so great we went on an all day tour to the waterfalls

Day 10 feeling so great we went on an all day tour to the waterfalls , Don't miss it!

Day 10 feeling so great we went on an all day trip to the waterfalls, don't miss it!

Day 11 up-close

Day 12 So So HAPPY! So glad I chose Dr Arguello

Che Tica Recovery Ranch was better than I even hoped it would be!

Our time there was wonderful, Very Good home made healthy and oh so tasty meals and always with generous servings of several kinds of fresh locally grown fruits Papaya, Pinneapple, Mango, Bannanas, etc. brought to your casita or you can eat at the dinning room and visit with other recovering patients and swap stories. All of the staff had one thing on there mind and that was to make your stay amazing in every way they can. Francis the main nurse was very sweet and attentive, she knew what medicines,shots or treatments were prescribed by your Dr and was there promptly to administer, help with showering and dressing and changing bandages. You can have as much or as little help as you feel comfortable with. There was great communication between your Dr and Che Tica, without you telling Che Tica about Dr appointments they already knew when the appointments were and already had arrangements for your transportation there and back and when your appointment was done the Dr office had already spoken with Che Tica and your ride was either waiting for you or on its way. It is very beautiful with many walking trails and different areas with swings to sit back and read a good book or just enjoy the breeze and the views. We were there in May which is the rainy season and that did worry me because I knew I wanted to enjoy the views and strolling outside but it was no problem the weather was quite similar each day. Most days were sunny with cool breezes the first half of the day then around 3 - 5 in the afternoon we got heavy rainstorms with lightening and cracking thunder (which I so love) then it would clear up and start all over the next day. Anything we wanted was quickly arranged, we had mentioned we wanted to go on a tour the second week we were there and the owner described many of the tours
and when we decided which ones we wanted he quickly made arrangements for us, he made sure the tour guide he selected was English speaking with a comfortable air conditioned van. We first went to one of the many coffee plantations for a tour, explaing from beginning to end the production of coffee, very interesting but the trip to the water falls was really amazing, in the middle of the rain forest many huge waterfalls seen up close, monkeys, birds, butterfly's, amazing plant life and beauty beauty beauty. I found it very doable after the first week of recovery. If there is something that you are not happy with just a call to the owner Rueben and it is fixed, I had one issue and when I told him it was taken care of right away. This is not an upscale place and you may see an occasional ant or fly and the rooms aren't the Ritz Carlton more like quaint cabins in the rain forest , which they are! I am thinking if you have a lot of serious medical issues or are used to upscale living this may not be the place for you, but what I got was just what I wanted a recovery home to care and feed you and meet your needs and the beauty of a setting in the rain forest and yet not So very far out of town.
All

$152 a day for 2 people with medical care and three tasty home cooked meals a day, clean casitas and beautiful surroundings plus transportation to and from Drs apps and the airport, and most importantly to me memories that I will have for a life time, how can you go wrong!

Thrilled with my results

This first picture is the day before surgery
The second picture is 6 weeks after surgery
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful experience with Dr Arguello and Dr Arce! They were everything that I had been told they were, caring, talented, professional. Going to Costa Rica for my PS was a very positive experience, I would never been able to afford this work to be done in the states and I feel that I got as good or even better outcome than I would have if I went to one of the best surgeons in the US.