45 yo, Kybella was not for me - Received Chin/Neck Lipo on Feb 17 2017. Scroll to bottom of post to see recent updateMay 16 2017

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am one day post my first Kybella treatment. It...

I am one day post my first Kybella treatment. It was much more painful than I expected. I've been taking three ibuprofen for pain and it helps but the first several hours after the procedure were EXTREMELY painful. I've had three c-sections and a few other procedures and feel I handle pain rather well. I was not prepared for the amount of pain I experienced.

I am not in the horrid bull frog stage. My neck swelled up so much more than I expected. I will stay home from work for the next few days because the swelling is very bad.

I'm hoping others that have been at this stage will comment with positive stories. How long after your treatment did the swelling go down? I was already self conscious about this area which is why I got the treatment. This horrid swelling is doing nothing for my self esteem. My husband looked at me when I got home and all he could say was why on earth did you do that to yourself. :(

Kybella Side Effects - Awful Bull Frog Look

Two days post Kybella - still have bull frog swelling

I took these photos two days after my Kybella treatment. The pain has finally subsided, I am quite numb and below my chin area feels uncomfortable. I am still SO swollen. I had been told most of the swelling subsides within 48 hours, that isn't happening for me unfortunately. I look as if I've gained over 50 pounds. I honestly hate this and would love to hear from others how long this phase lasted for them.

Three days post Kybella Treatment

Still have significant swelling, no pain but tender to the touch and numb

Progression Pre-Treatment to Day 3

My whole face looks swollen

7 days post first injection

I'm 7 days post my first injection and I am still swollen.

I had three vials - has anyone else had that much in one treatment and if so did you also swell a lot? How long before your swelling went down?

Still have swelling 12 days out

I still have swelling 12 days after my first treatment but it is getting better. It's firm now and some lumps, no pain and some numbness

Three weeks post

I'm approx thee weeks post my first injections. I am still swollen but it's going down, slowly. There is still a bit of residual numbness and discomfort and some nodules.
Still not sure I am going to go for the second treatment, the side effects and recovery were more than I expected.

Four weeks post first treatment

I'm four weeks from my first injections. The swelling is still present but still going down. I still have nodules and some numbness. I am hoping in the next week or two I return to baseline.

Comparison of before and four weeks post first treatment

Left is before and right is four weeks post the first treatment with three vials

8 weeks post first treatment update

I think I've returned to baseline finally. I still have some numbness and perhaps a little swelling so I am hopeful I will see *some improvement in the next few weeks. Especially after having three vials.

3 Months After First Treatment

I'm three months out from my first treatment of three vials. The swelling is almost gone, there is a little numbness still. I expect to see a bit more improvement as the swelling completely disappears. Looks like for me it's a 3 month + time-frame to see the final results from the first treatment of three vials.

Decided to get Chin/Neck Lipo

I had such a negative experience with Kybella that I decided to take the plunge and get chin and neck lipo. This will address the areas on my jawline (which Kybella can't address) as well as my submental fat under my chin.
I settled on a PS and my surgery is scheduled for a little over a week from now. I'm very excited and will post pictures once I am done with the process.

Kybella was not for me - have decided to get Chin/Neck Lipo in February

Had my Chin lipo procedure on Feb 17th - going very well so far!

I'm updating my chin lipo journey on the chin lipo thread https://www.realself.com/review/chin-liposuction-personal-experience-chin-liposuction

Updated pictures - Before my chin liposuction procedure vs. 6 days after the procedure

Just wanted to give a quick update to this thread. I had my chin/jaw lipo on February 17th, so six days ago. I still have a lot of swelling so I am quite hopeful that it's only going to improve over the next month or so. I was told I would see 90% of the results by 3 months and final results by 6 months. I am so happy and it's only been 6 days!!!!!
I have zero pain and only minimal discomfort when I touch the areas with swelling. When I look at the before picture I can really start to see the difference even with all of the swelling. I am SO happy I decided to go with chin lipo.

Update - 13 days post Chin Lipo

I'm now 13 days post op and am seeing continued improvement in my jaw line and profile. The bruising was gone a few days ago, I do have a small bruise left on my right jaw. The swelling is still present but seems to be moving down my jaw line and more into my chin area. I know this is going to continue to improve over the coming weeks. I can't wait to see continued improvement. Oh I have no discomfort but my neck is starting to feel right and it's more difficult to look up - I think this is the magic happening. Still very happy I did the procedure! It was SO much easier and better than the Kybella treatment I had (the swelling from chin lipo is significantly less than the swelling from Kybella). Yay!

Two and a half weeks post chin lipo and I'm loving it!

I'm a little over two weeks post op. I still have swelling that is variable from day to day. The swelling in my jaw seems to have moved down into my chin. There is still numbness but I have no discomfort. I have started to massage the areas and do have some lumps here and there that I can only feel when I am massaging the skin. My neck is feeling quite a bit tighter and it's become more difficult to look up. Overall I'm very happy with how things are progressively looking better. Still happy I did the chin lipo!

Before compared to 3 weeks post op

I'm almost 3 weeks post op and things continue to progressively look better. I decided to compare my pictures now to a few I took about 2 months ago. These were pictures where I really worked hard to find a "good angle" as I really hated the way I looked in pictures. So I consider these before pictures "good" - I was happy with them (which was rare).
When I compare these with my current pictures I can already see a huge difference - and I'm only 3 weeks out. I still have a little swelling on my jaw that you can see, it varies from day to day, but overall things continue to improve and the swelling continues to go down. Still glad I did chin lipo!

5 weeks Post Chin Lipo and doing great

I'm 5 weeks post surgery and continue to notice improvements. I still have a small circular pocket of swelling on each side of my jaw. I also have a pocket of swelling directly under my chin in the center. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he is very pleased with the progress. He said 5 weeks is still very early in the healing process and this procedure is the gift that keeps on giving for at least 5 months. So I should see continued improvement over the next 4 months. He also mentioned the pocket of swelling on my jaw is near each ligament and that area tends to hold on to the swelling the longest so he's not worried at all that the swelling will not go away. I still have some numbness but for the most part, no discomfort.

Still loving my chin lipo results

It's exactly 3 months since I had my chin lipo procedure (Feb 17). I continue to see improvement and am really loving how my profile looks. The swelling on my jaw line is almost completely gone and the skin on my neck and under my chin is starting to tighten. The swelling under my chin has gone down but there is still some residual swelling directly under my chin and there is still slight numbness in some areas. Overall I am so pleased - definitely worth doing this procedure! My PS said things will continue to improve over the next 2 to 3 months.