Make Sure Your Doctor Listens

--- I just got a note from real self telling me...

--- I just got a note from real self telling me that I cannot put pictures on for a doctor review. So I am copying my review here so I can add pictures. ----

I usually do not write reviews because it is all personal opinion and we are all different but this time I really feel the need to.
I had my revision surgery with implant replacement on October 26th.
I was flying in from Canada and had my pre op. I was all prepared with my goal pictures and my NO pictures and talked to Dr.Pousti about what I wanted. From my pictures and my discussion with him I explained that my number 1 criteria was I wanted upper body fullness and bigger because I had none from 2 b/a surgeries from a different doctor. I was told that my pictures were gonna be made into a poster that Dr. Pousti can look at during surgery. Dr Pousti is really nice person and listen to me ( I thought so), he is very personable and his staff were nice but unnecessarily chipper. So the day of my surgery was easy. The hospital staff were very nice and the hospital was very quiet. Dr Pousti came in to see me after my surgery prep was done. We discussed things again BUT I had to re-explain everything to him and he was looking at my "no" pictures as what he thought I wanted. So I thought I re explained everything properly even my husband was with me and he also discussed my surgery too. I said " I want big breast with upper pole galore". I remember on my way to surgery one of my surgical nurses was Mike. This awesome guy from Canada. He was a great and made me feel relaxed. And he asked me a question. He asked " what would make you more disappointed after surgery, been too small or been too big" and I answered been too small. I wanted big breast with nice shape on the top. Well the surgery went well from what I could tell because I was so groggy from the drugs. I was told that they did 700 over filled to 950ccs moderate saline implants.
I was concerned when I first looked at them back at my hotel room because they looked similar to what I was before in size with VERY LITTLE UPPER POLE. I was sad but hoped that it was just the drains and drugs that were making me upset. I emailed the office after one week and voiced my concerns that I did not get fully what I had asked for yes they look bigger and a better shape but very little upper dullness . I even talked to Dr Pousti about it. He said to wait 3-6 months to see how they will settle. And I said will they settle with more upper pole!!! He then told me that that he had actually removed some of the over fill because of when I told him I didn't want a shelf. I NEVER TOLD HIM I DIDNT WANT A SHELF FOR BREASTS. I told him the opposite!!!!!!!! I wanted upper pole and lots of it. It cost me $10000 for the surgery and $1500 for a week of hotel and $1200 for 2 airplane tickets and 1 week of time off work. So I'm sad because I will not be able to get it fixed to what I wanted. It would cost me too much even if he didn't charge me for his time everything else would still cost a lot.
I went to him after having done months of research and read all of these magnificent reviews about him and his staff.
Well I guess I fell thru the cracks so to speak because I'm not satisfied and I don't think he spent enough time understanding what I wanted.

So ladies please be careful no matter which plastic surgeon you go with make sure he is really listening to you and at that time that he is with you that you are the only thing on his mind.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I had very high hopes for this doctor. The reviews were phenomenal. He is a very nice doctor and wants to please his patients. After having given him a not perfect review he was very concerned. He called me and we discussed my case he urged me to wait 3-6 months to let things settle. I hope they don't settle too much because I am a 40d post surgery and I was a 40c before surgery and I don't look anything like goal pics. He mentionned that he wants me to be happy so he would do what he could so I can get it revised again if I'm not happy with my final result. So I will wait til I'm at my 3 months post op to see the final result. Because if I'm getting this done again I want it done fast because I'm tired of this post op restrictions, weight gain. Let's get it done while I'm still healing. Because I know my breasts don't look like I wanted them to not even close.