36 5'4" 135lbs Mom to 3 - San Antonio, TX

Ever since having my first son 8 years ago, I've...

Ever since having my first son 8 years ago, I've wanted to do something about my tummy. Although, I knew it could be worse, I always found myself sucking, tucking, covering, and even avoiding activities that I love because of my insecurities over it! When I stand tall, it would kind of look okay. But, when I let loose, you could really see how much excess skin there was!

Unexpected Post Op Today- So Happy!!

I was running a low grade fever 99.2-99.6 for the past couple of days....and just feeling sick. Didn't really think too much of it. Then my abdomen started looking a little red and feeling very hot. Things were getting quite "puffy" at the drain site, then it began to leak.....ew. I only had one more dose of my antibiotic, so I de decided to call just to be on the safe side (Dr. Dechert asked me to please not ask questions on Real Self before asking him. --It was after hours so I left a message. Shortly thereafter, I got a call from Heather, one of the nurses on Dr. Decherd's staff. She calmed my fears and said I could go ahead and be seen the next day (Friday), rather than the following Tuesday. Can't say how much I appreciated getting a call back....so quickly....and so late! I was VERY impressed!
Of course, by the time I had my appt the following morning, I felt SO much better!! No more fever, no more redness, drains were fine...??? I didn't have to wait to be seen. I immediately met with Dr. Decherd and Heather. Dr. Decherd seemed very pleased. He said I would have an excellent result and seemed very satisfied with my healing so far. He made a comment (which took me totally off guard!), that we could talk about the right side of my incision later on down the road (bringing it down a bit)....and that he read my review!! Holy smokes!! Just thought a bunch of "Real Self" ladies would be reading that. He reminded me that it was his goal for us BOTH to both be happy with his work. He also told me that I was already in great shape, which made him feel like he was working on a Porsche! Lol Okay, that made me feel SUPER special. For someone as picky and anal retentive as me, I knew I was in the right hands.
I have to say, I am SO, SO happy. I went into this so scared of all the "what if's".....but I did months and months of research and finally put my trust in Dr. Decherd. So glad I did! He is so personable and I have felt so incredibly comfortable each time I've met with him. He spent a ridiculous amount of time with me during my consult AND second consult. I shared pictures with with my sister today, who says these results this early are nothing short of amazing! All of my sisters and sister-in-law's are glad that I have "paved the way" for them (I'm the first to do this!) and found the perfect Doctor! ??

Day of Surgery July 18

Felt okay. Just slept a lot due to meds.

Day after Surgery July 18

My husband took the week off to help me. Stayed on top of pain with Norco every four hours. Had a lot of trouble staying awake. Pain is managed very well, but is pretty bad if I let the pain meds lapse.

First shower today with the help of my husband and a small stool. The shower felt AMAZING!! The drains were a total pain in the a$$. I pray that these scars don't totally freak my husband out. He doesn't want to look. Makes me feel nervous and insecure. I did show him before and afters so he'd be prepared and know that it gets worse before it gets better....but I think he was overwhelmed by it when they were actually on me.

My husband was sweet enough to deal with my drains as draining them totally gave me the gag reflux (I'm such a baby, I know). Daring about 50cc's each drain.

So hunched. I knew to expect this, but still freaks me out. I know it's silly, but I worry that I'm over tight and won't be able to stand straight ever again. My pictures show me standing as straight as I can, which isn't much. I've read that when you're initially that tight, you can expect an excellent result when the skin relaxes....u guess some people who stand straight super quick sometimes wish they were pled a little tighter or that more skin was removed.

Ate well. Nothing ever seems to phase my appetite. My husband will be making me whey protein veggie/fruit smoothies in the morning. They're delicious. Here's the recipe:

2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup fresh broccoli
1/2 cup fresh strawberries or blueberries
1 medium banana
1 Tbs peanut butter
2 scoops of whey protein powder
2 cups of ice water
Blend until smooth. Delicious!!

Other meals, I will be eating a lean protein, lots of fresh veggies and salads. I did buy a few "Get Fit" meals and Progresso Light soups for convenience.

Forgot Belly Button - July 19 Day After

This freaks me out!!

3 days Post - July 20

Photos didn't upload - 2nd attempt

July 24 - 6 Days

Cannot believe how hunched I was!!!!

Oops! Out of Order! July 22 - 4 Days

Having to really hike up these Brazilian style hipster bottoms...I don't know that they'll actually stay up when I'm active and moving. They're my favorite and I have an assortment, as well as plain ones without ruffles. Really don't want to have to get rid of all of them. --I always wear panties and bikinis on my lower hips because I have no hips and a VERY short torso. When I wear them super low, it's very slimming and creates the illusion of a longer torso. Although I'm happy so far, the scar is just slightly higher on the edges than I would like or that I'm able to easily cover with my preferred style of clothing. Only about an inch. Wish I would've tanned in these so maybe he could've gotten the edges just slightly lower. Even then, he may not have been able to. He said if it bothers me, we could talk about lower the edge(s) later. The right is slightly higher than the left. Love him for that. I have no idea what that entails, however. Sigh.

Sorry these are in such a random order!!

Belly Button - Yikes!! 4 days

Belly Button - Yikes! - 5 Days

The dark purple made me think I was getting necrosis!!! I don't know....I just don't know!

Belly Button - 8 Days!!!

Belly button is really making me freak out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will this ever be normal/natural looking??

This is what I'm hoping for!!

This is another one of my doctor's patients!! Praying for this result! Hoping for her belly button....open and with some depth!!!

9 Days - July 27

Hoping a lot of this was swelling!! Sooooo wishing I had a little more taken off my flanks with the lipo..,,because no matter how skinny I get (even 15 lbs less than my current weight), my flanks never respond. I can never lose weight in that area! One reason I chose my doctor is because he included limited lipo. I know it's not all swelling, but hoping a lot of it is!!! Belly button looks way better in pics than it does in person. I can hide the scar in this suit, but I'm sure I would be constantly checking and adjusting to do so.

Panties that cover REALLY well!!

Belly button looks so much better in pics than in person. Husband and kids are bluntly honest that it's "weird looking". Otherwise, looks great! Gosh, I hope my BB heals well!!!!!!

10 days - July 28

Eeek! As if I wasn't worried enough about my belly button!! I read that old polysporin can really clog it and cause possible infection. I gently tried to swab it out with a Q-Tip, and the top layer of skin on half of it just peeled right off!!! What did I do?! I hope I didn't ruin it!!!!

And once again hope a lot of the fluff on my flanks is swelling (although I know some of it isn't). My clothes still fit, but I can tell I'm quite swollen.

Come on BB!!

Hoping I didn't cause excessive, uneven scarring that makes it look unnatural.

Hoping for this BB!!

Is it similar to mine!? Hoping maybe my BB can heal like this!

What I Used To Be

I know I've been very picky and critical of my rests waaaay to soon. Helps to re-visit some of these before pics.

What I Used To Be

What I Was, What I Hoped to Be, What I Am!!

First picture is before
Second picture is the result I hoped for
Third picture is 9 days post (where did my butt go....is it because I'm still slightly hunched!?!?)

Missed These....

Yep, I wear everything SUPER low.
Didn't look bad before....but had a pot belly, and had to stand straight or else it was skin galore. I concentrated more on my stomach than having a good time at the pool or waterpark.

Scar Treatment Wish

I SO wish I could afford this scar treatment. It's called embrace. About $400 for a couple of months. :/

2 Weeks Today - August 1st

Feeling good about my results today. Otherwise feeling awful as I haven't been able to get good sleep in so long. I just can't get comfortable!! And my back is achy no matter what I do (even supported with lots of pillows). I took Tylenol Pm last night, but I was STILL awake at 10am. When I did fall asleep, I was able to sleep on my side a bit. Every time I need to change positions, which seems frequent, I wake up. Something's gotta give!! With 3 kids I can't really nap during the day.

Some days I'm walking pretty straight, then I'll have a total regression. By the evening, I'm hunched, sore, and swollen.....even on the days that I don't do much.

Afraid I've developed a small seroma. I have pain I my lower right side that seems to bulge and jiggle a little. I feel more pressure there, and I can feel it jiggle when I walk.

Tape is Off!!

I've been back at work for three days. It's been hard. Coming home sore and swollen. My husband has been so supportive until recent. Apparently he thinks I should be able to all the same household chores and taking care of the kids that I did pre-surgery. I'm still doing laundry, dishes, etc....but not walking behind three kids picking everything up as every mess is made, and I'm not deep cleaning. He acts like I'm "milking" it and I'm trying to get out of helping. Very frustrated because I normally do EVERYTHING in our house.....until now.

So much of my tape was coming off, I decided to just pull it. Scar looks worse in pictures. It looks very thin and not bad at all for just shy of three weeks.

I have done pain in my upper left abdomen and feel like it's bulging. I hope I haven't un-done anything. ???? Has anyone had this?

Exhausted!! To bed early!! Happy helping to any flow TT'ers out there.

3 weeks Today!!

I guess the bulging in my upper abdomen was just swelling. It was down by the next morning.

Here's a look at my scar for 3 weeks. I am just massaging with Bio Oil and apply Scar Away strips. I really want Biocarnium (sp??), but I'm weary of all the scams on Amazon. So many people have commented that it thinner and different than what they originally bought from their surgeon. I can't afford Embrace right now at the start of the school year.

Loving how I look in clothes. :) Although swelling is making me somewhat resemble SpongeBob SquarePants. :)
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Only 4 days post op right now. I like what I see so far! I know things will change so much over the course of the next few weeks, therefore I have to leave my review at "not sure" for now. I was most worried about a VERY low incision and a natural looking belly button. For the most part, I'm happy with my incision, although it comes up a little high on the right side (above the bikini bottoms my surgeon told me to bring when he marked me). From what I've read, the side incisions fade the most, so hopefully it won't be noticeable if it sits slightly outside my bottoms. Can't tell a whole lot from my belly button yet....it's a big scabby mess. I just don't want a big scar ring around it, don't want it overly big or overly small, and I don't want a slit! If this scan turns to a nice skin tone, I think that I will be thrilled with it. I knew from the moment that I met Dr. Decherd that I wanted him to do my surgery. I cancelled my other appts. He had the best photos, included scars, LOW scars, and natural belly buttons. Excellent bedside manner! Would highly recommend!