37 Years Old 4 Kids 325 Saline Unders

Hi real selfers! I have booked my breast...

Hi real selfers! I have booked my breast augmentation for November 11 2016 and have paid in full. I am done having kids and feel like now is the time since I recently started working out and have lost some body fat and breast tissue. I was a 32C at Victoria's Secret before I started working out, now 32B. After 3 consultations I chose the 3rd surgeon I met with. I do have some sagging, but very little tissue and really didn't want a lift. The first doctor I saw recommended a full lollipop lift with a small wedge anchor at the bottom. The cost was quoted at $11,000! The second surgeon I saw recommend a donut lift and quoted $8000. I was going to go for this option until I researched the technique further and was worried about the outcome. For the most part I don't love the look of lifts due to the scars, unnatural shape in some cases and too high of nipple placement. I decided to get a third consult and am so happy I did. The surgeon did not recommend any lift and showed me some of his work with a similar starting point as mine. He recommended a fairly small saline implant under the muscle. I could have also done silicone of course, but didn't want to have to get MRIs every 2 years to check for silent rupture. I hope I am making the right choice! I am very confident in my surgeon. I went for my pre-op 2 weeks ago and I was a nervous wreck! He made me feel so much better and had answers to all my questions. I am getting more excited as I get closer to my surgery date. I am only 5 days away! If anyone has any suggestion of things to do or buy before hand I would appreciate any advice!

Stats

I realized after I left my first post that I forgot to add in my stats. I'm 5'6" and 120 lb. I do work out a few times a week. Also, I have been taking a few supplements to get ready for surgery. I'm taking vitamin C 1,000mg per day, zinc 50 mg, magnesium 250 mg and arnica 30x 3 tabs 3 times a day. The arnica is supposed to help with bruising and swelling. My doc said it was ok to take. I stated these about 3 days ago and my surgery is in 4 days.

I survived surgery and my first night home!

I'm feeling pretty good except when I try to use my arms or take a deep breath in. My super helpful hubby scheduled my pain meds last night and forced my to eat something with them. I don't have any drainage on the gauze yet and can't see any bruising. I'm afraid to take off he bra but they look better that I thought already. They look bigger that I thought, too, but they should go down when the swelling goes down. My nurse at the surgery center was amazing. She made me feel so comfortable and I didn't feel a thing during surgery even though I was slightly awake. I'm still tired. Not too hungry, but trying to eat a little something when I take my meds. I ended up with 310cc on both sides smooth round high profile mentor. So far I am so happy with them. I can't wait to hear from my doctor later today to see if I can shower. Not that I'm really up for it and I might need help.

Two days after

Feeling a lot better today. I'm getting used to sleeping on my back. I'm only taking Tylenol and the antibiotics today and the pain is manageable. The implants are still quite high and square which I expected. My Dr. and RN called yesterday to check in on me. I had a great experience overall in surgery and felt extremely comfortable with my team. My Dr. said everything went great in surgery. I go for a check up in 2 days. I took out the gauze yesterday and there was no drainage at all. No bruising either. I feel very lucky with the outcome so far. I feel like they're quite large still and hope once they settle I get used to the size.

Post op yesterday

Hi all! I saw my Dr yesterday for my first post op appt. I am 5 days out today. Dr cleared me to take a real shower. Yay! I was able to wash my hair unassisted. I wanted to share some bras I got before surgery so I would have some options other than the surgical bra. My favorite so far is the Hanes comfort flex. It clasps in the back. I prefer a clasp at this point instead of something that goes over my head as lifting my arms can still be a bit painful. Front or back clasp doesn't really seem to make a huge difference to me. I got one size small in the Hanes and one size medium. The medium still fits fine around the band on the middle clasp and the cup is a bit more appropriate for my size now. The small fits fine on the longest clasp. The wide seamless band at the bottom is really comfortable since I have inframammary incisions. My Dr gave me the ok to wear whatever bra was comfortable as long as it didn't have wires. The tapes are still in place over the sutures and no signs of infection. I am still taking preventative antibiotics and will continue for 10 days total. I have no bruising or swelling and my doc said things couldn't look better at this point. He said over the next few weeks to months the implants will drop more and fill the bottom of my breast and lift the bottom of my breast up a bit. I am very happy so far. I was worried that the implants were too large since I'm pretty small framed. As they drop they are looking and feeling less foreign. The changes have been slow so I'm only going to post pics in bras today since the boobs are basically the same as a couple days ago. I go back in 3 days for suture removal. I hope I will also get the ok for light exercise like squats as my butt has sure noticed that lack of them in the last few days. Wishing you all the best!

Sutures out today

Today is day 8 post op. I saw my Dr. and had my sutures removed. I can't say enough good things about my surgeon or his office staff. I arrived to my appointment 30 minutes early and was roomed immediately by the nurse. She helped me change and took my sutures out, cleaned my incisions and put wound tape on them. The incisions look great and are only about an inch long. They are right in the crease. Right after the nurse was done, she left the room and Dr. Yamahata came in. All of my questions were answered, most before I even asked them. I feel so confident that my result will be exactly what I want. As far as the office itself goes, I have never waited in the exam room or the waiting room at any of my appointments for longer than 5 minutes. I could not me happier with my choice of surgery center or surgeon.

3 week update

Hi realselfers! It's been 3 weeks since my breast implant surgery. I still have slight incisional pain, nothing bad, though. I think I have a few mondors cords, so the mild discomfort in the incisions should improve with time when those go away. So far, I am happy overall. I wish I could fast forward a couple months, as I'm getting impatient with the settling process. I feel like there is little to no change from last week. My doctor said it will take at least 4 weeks for the settling to start so I am trying to be patient. I can still see and feel my real boob at the bottom, causing a long, odd shape. Im also a little worried that I will end up too big. Hopefully as the shape improves I will be happy with the size. Out of clothes the size really looks good, just look big in tight higher necked tops. Again, just trying to be patient and hopeful for a great outcome. As the bottom part or the breast fills out, hopefully my natural tissue will blend in more and not look so long. At this point, I'm trying to remind myself that my current look is a huge improvement from the before.

More pics

Here are some pics in clothes. The mondors cords are gone. The incisional pain is better, just slightly sore to touch. I still can't sleep on my side because it feels like there is a pulling sensation in the incisions. Overall, feeling normal. Just trying to be patient. Progress seems slow, but my surgeon said it would be at least 4 weeks before dropping would start.
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Yamahata is very clam, reassuring, and experienced. I have several friend who have been to Dr. Yamahata and are very happy with their results.