26 Year Old Suffering from Chronic Acne for Half of my Life - Roseville, CA

Let me just start by saying that my skin has...

Let me just start by saying that my skin has always been flawed for as long as I can remember. I've been going to a dermatologist off and on since I was 12 years old and have tried anything & everything (including accutane) before. I always had pretty decent skin on my face. I only shortly used accutane for two months for my severe back acne which has never come back. Ever since I got pregnant in 2015 though, my face has looked like this. My skin isn't terrible but I'd love to be able to not have to put on makeup all the time. I'm hoping it helps!

2 weeks into accutane..

Let me update and say that the first week I noticed a very slight decrease in acne but it could be coincidental. My face actually got significantly more greasy than normal (did not even think that was possible!) Other than that, no side effects. Now, 2 weeks into accutane I'm noticing dry lips ever so slightly. My face seems to be drying out some although not much. I missed one day due to having the stomach flu and of course the next morning I woke up to a massive cheek zit. Probably a coincidence! I'm still breaking out and don't see much of a change. Just being impatient! My face always seems red and tight now. I'm obviously becoming more sensitive.
Roseville Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Semion had never seen me previously but trusted me when I said I had tried practically everything for my acne. He allowed me to start taking accutane as long as my labs came back normal. He is very nice and his staff is very accommodating and helpful as well.