Mid 30's, Looking for a Clear and Healhty Glow

After trying facial chemical peels and...

After trying facial chemical peels and microneedling Collagen P.I.N. sessions at my dermatologist's office, I didn't feel that either were adequately addressing the light sunspots/freckles and dullness of my complexion I had been developing since I turned 30. My dermatologist referred me to Dr. Travis Shaw to discuss some alternative options.
I had considered doing spot treatments with a laser before, but I didn't know much about the process or what full area treatments with a laser could accomplish. I was also interested to learn how laser treatments could address fine lines and skin tightening, in addition to sunspots. At my initial consultation, I had A TON of questions. The entire staff, from the front desk to Dr. Shaw himself, never made me feel rushed during my appointment and thoroughly answered all of my inquires about the best treatment options for the results I wanted.
We decided that CO2 laser treatments would be too severe for the current state of my skin and instead chose 4 treatments with the Pico laser over 4 months. Dr. Shaw performed the treatments himself. I was worried that the laser would be painful, but I was given topical numbing cream to apply before the sessions, which made the procedure easy to tolerate. He was concerned about my comfort level at all times during the treatments. Ice packs and cold air can also be applied to the treatment sites during the sessions as well, but I found that I didn’t need them. Once again, the entire staff was very patient and thoroughly answered all of my questions before, during, and after each treatment.
Directly after the Pico treatment, my face was pink and a little blotchy, but looked normal again after only a few hours. Over the next few days, my skin was a little more dry than usual and more prone to break outs. Five days post-treatment, my skin was completely clear and radiant. After the first treatment, nearly all of the sunspots I was concerned about were gone. The second treatment improved the clarity and radiance of my skin even more. The third and forth treatments improved the texture of my skin, especially around my eyes and temples.
I am very pleased with the results of my Pico laser treatments at Dr. Shaw’s office. Although improvements to the fine lines around my eyes and skin tightening at my jaw line were only subtle, the results achieved regarding the clarity and texture of my skin has been fantastic. If you want to make your sunspots disappear and get an overall radiant glow to your face, I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Shaw ‘s office for Pico laser treatments.
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shaw is an OUTSTANDING provider. He is knowledgeable, honest, kind, and exceedingly generous with his time. Every time I see him, I always have new questions for him and he never fails to take the time to both listen to my concerns and throughly answer all of my inquires. He is honest about the results that can be achieved, he wants his patients to be as happy with their results as possible, and there is never any pressure to make decisions too quickly. I can tell that Dr Shaw really enjoys his practice and it truly shows in the work that he does. His entire staff is also top notch and just as helpful, honest, and kind as he is!