Deflated Boobies Getting Are Getting a Makeover! Reno, NV

Pre-op scheduled for 10/12! I'm a 33 year old mama...

Pre-op scheduled for 10/12!
I'm a 33 year old mama of 2, whose boobies got put through the wringer while nursing! I've got a petite frame (5'1", 100lbs, 26" under bust) and am currently a 30C/32B, but with minimal breast tissue and enlarged areola.

After SEVERAL consults, I have decided to go with Dr James Murphy for a Benelli lift and small implant; my goal being a perky, full C cup. I have read SO many mixed reviews on this procedure, but my nipple placement is acceptable (pseudoptosis), so a full lift isn't required - BUT I *really* would like my areola to be reduced. I'm just going to cross my fingers that my body responds favorably!

Pre-op complete!

I had my pre-op on Wednesday, and am left feeling a bit nervous. Dr. Murphy has suggested Natrelle style 10 implants, and stated that he would order the 240-270-300 range of sizes, as they are smaller than what he has in stock. No measurements were taken (they may have been taken at my consult last year?)...no sizers placed...no Vectra scanning. While I REALLY like his work, I was expecting a bit more than just taking"before photos" and forking over my $. I did share a couple of my wish pictures with him, and stressed that I don't want to be large chested; I just want to regain the fullness that was lost from pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was a bit surprised with his decision to use the lower profile implants with my frame being the size it is. I think that both the 270 and 300 cc implants are greater in diameter than my BWD (by less than a cm, but it seems that this is a less popular approach. I'm nervous that I may have too much side boob, potential rippling, and too flat a profile if the larger implants are required to fill out my saggy booby skin. I know it's probably just me being neurotic, but I decided to call their office this morning to discuss the benefits of low (style 10) vs mod (style 15) profiles. I told her I trust the doctor's opinion, but I wanted him to be aware that if larger implants are required, I'd prefer greater than ideal projection vs width. The coordinator said she'd discuss with the physician and get back to me. I just want to make sure there is time to order additional implants, if we decide to change the profile!

I made myself some 200ish cc chia seed sizers in snack sized ziplock baggies, and am happy with the size in a bra, and under tops. I'm crossing my fingers that the 240cc implants fit my breast envelope/remaining skin, and all of this worrying will have been for nothing!

New boobies installed...feeling good!

I had 300cc Allergan Style 10 moderate projection implants placed sub-muscularly last Thursday. The procedure went well, other than the fact that I was a bit of a bleeder, and required drains. I was sent home mummy-wrapped and advised to leave my goods intact until my follow up appointment today. The pain's been completely manageable with somewhat regular med dosing (Percocet every 4-8 hours) on days 1-3; I'm off all pain meds as of this morning. I honestly think the tummy bloat may be the most uncomfortable bit at this point!

My post-op went well today. Drains were removed, along with my foam tape. Now I've just got my steri-strips and band aids on my incisions. I am so happy with the outcome thus far! Fingers crossed that the incisions look as good as the rest of my breasts at their reveal next Monday!

*its amazing to me how much more noticeable my stretch marks are now that my breasts have been re-filled...maybe some of it is the lighting?

10 days post-op

I had my second post-op appt. today. Dr. Murphy has such a wonderful bedside manner. I am so happy to have chosen him for my procedure!

Tape came off for a few minutes, and I snapped a quick photo...still a bit of bruising, and the areolar incisions are scary (though VERY well approximated).

I feel well for the most part. It's been a bit of a roller coaster in terms of discomfort and energy level. Some days I feel near normal, and others, I feel almost as if I'm catching the flu: sore, with chills and just super sleepy. I'm hoping those days are behind me!

I've been given clearance to resume all of my normal daily activities...just no strenuous chest workouts. Life is good!

Three week update

Healing is going well. I'm keeping my incisions taped to try and minimize scarring, but the wounds look great and my pain has resolved for the most part. I'm back to all of my regular activities, which feels SO good! Went on a three mile hike last weekend, and felt SUCH a mood improvement from the exercise and fresh air.

I've still got some yellow bruising around the areola on my right breast. There is a also a bit of areolar asymmetry between the two girls...I'm hoping that if there's bruising, there is swelling; meaning that there's decent potential for me to own two boobies that look similar when healed.

While I think that my implants are in the correct position on my chest now (I can feel the implant at the bottom of my breasts when doing my massage), I'm waiting for my lower pole to fill out a bit more (fluff?). My PS was adamant about using moderate profile implants, and there's a piece of me that's still a bit nervous that my final outcome may be have a bit more side boob and less projection than I was hoping for. I am 110% happy with my size, it's just that the shape seems a bit strange (I do realize that there much time for this to change...trying not to worry myself over it).

...all of this recovery stuff sure is stressful!

It's been a whole month!

...and the holiday season is now upon us, eek!

I've got a weekend in Vegas planned for early December, and it's been super fun trying on cocktail dresses and swimwear! I'm just hoping to get hot-tub clearance from my PS at my 6 week post-op!

I'm a bit rashy from the paper tape and have given my incisions a break from it the past 48 hours. My boobie pleats are a bit less prominent now, and the scarring is looking pretty good!

My only real boob-complaint, at the moment, is that I CAN NOT find a "real" bra that fits. I've got cute bralettes, and have a couple of fun sports bras, but i want a bra that's got a bit of shape and shows off the goods! The closest thing I've found was a Natori "feathers" bra, but I had some boob spillage out of the 30DD, and couldn't find a 30DDD to try on. I really need a 28 band anyway (my underbust is only 26 inches), which I can't find locally...do any of my fellow petite ladies have any suggestions?
Reno Plastic Surgeon