39 Year Old, 2 Kids, Weight Loss = Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift/Augmentation. Regina, SK

Saskatchewan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 16 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I was extremely nervous for my consult, but the...

I was extremely nervous for my consult, but the experience was great. Christine is fantastic. She has a very pleasant presence - by phone and in person. Dr. Ghremida is wonderful. He provided very detailed explanations of the procedures as well as complications. He made sure I understood everything before he moved into anything else. (I have lost 85 lbs and he explained I could go about the surgery, trying to get it covered by the gov't, but I wasn't interested in the wait. I went in with the full intention of paying for it myself, so I can get it done when I want.) It was a light-hearted discussion, which helped put me at ease. The opportunity was left open for me to ask questions at any time, by phone or in the office. I am happy I went to see him. Now, I can't wait for the surgery, at only 5 weeks away...wow! So excited!

Before Pictures

I am so looking forward to this surgery, just over 3 weeks away. I can't wait.

I decided it would be beneficial to post my before pictures. I am very thankful for all the women who have posted their before and after pictures, I really appreciate it. It gave me the opportunity to find women who look like me, so I can get an idea of what I will look like after. I hope others will get the same benefit from my pictures.

Before Pictures

7 more days!

Boy the time has been going so slowly. I thought that being busy for the last little while would occupy my mind a bit, but it hasn't. It has just made me more conscious of how much time there actually is in a day...ha ha!

I got my confirmation yesterday. Christine and I had a bit of a laugh when she called, wondering why she had to make these confirmations when she knows full well the patient can't wait for the date...lol

I have been doing some reading about the post op expectations. There's lots of helpful advice out there. I love hearing the different experiences and the things that worked for them. It gives me more options. The only thing I can say is that the pain factor doesn't seem to bother me. Now I certainly am not thinking it won't be painful. I'm sure it will be, but it is what it is and as long as I stay ahead of it, everything should be good. I have had 3 other major surgeries in the past, and that was my approach, and it seemed to work. I am most worried about the dang drains. I'm hoping I can handle it, cause I sure as heck am not asking my fiance to do it. I couldn't put him through that. I know he would, if it was necessary, but hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Speaking of my fiance, he is a bit anxious/excited to see the end results. I keep telling him he's going to have to wait, cause it ain't gonna be pretty, but he doesn't seem to understand, or maybe he doesn't care...all he'll see is big boobies? ha ha! I, however, don't want him to see me in "recovery". I've seen the pictures...I won't even want to look at myself. I can just imagine how off-putting would that be for him seeing me like that. I guess I will just have to weigh the situations as they come up and make the decision from there.

I have resolved to update my review as often as possible after surgery. I am assuming that, although I will be sleeping lots, I will be bored out of my mind, and will need something to do. What better way than to provide some information and helpful hints for others following along a similar path.

Tomorrow is the big day

It feels like forever ago that I wrote my last post. Time has been dragging.

I think I am starting to get a bit nervous, but I can't quite tell. I didn't sleep well last night...too many thoughts going on in my head. Usually I can turn them off, but last night didn't go so well. I have an internal job interview today, so I think that I am just getting overwhelmed with excitement. We shall see how tonight goes.

I plan on staying up a bit later than usual tonight. Usually I am in bed by 10, but because I can't eat or drink anything past midnight, I think I am going to stay up and get as much water in as possible. My surgery is at 10 am, so without my usual litre of water, breakfast, and snack, my body is probably going to reward me with a headache by the time I hit surgery. Hopefully the late night water gulp will minimize the effect.

I plan to have protein shakes for all my meals today. Usually I have them for breakfast and lunch, but because I have read a lot of recommendations to keep the day light, having one at supper is probably the best thing I can do. I still get my calories and nutrients for the day, but I keep the heaviness out of my stomach.

I found a new clothing store I intend to shop at after all the swelling goes down. I have only been in the store once before and said to myself at that time that the clothes would not look good on my body, so I never entered again. But, yesterday, while I was in there when my daughter was looking around, I saw a lot of cute stuff that I think would look great on my new body. New options are now opening up to me.

I am so excited, I can't wait.

The Day After

Well, surgery went well - 4.5 hours. I'm not doing too bad for pain right now, but it is definitely important to take the meds on time. I fell asleep about an hour before I was supposed to take one of my doses. I woke up 3 hours later unable to move without lots of pain. That won't happen again, lol.

It was a little hard to get through the night. I was laying the recommended way, with pillows under my knees, but it seemed to put pressure on my bladder something fierce and I woke up in pain and the urgency to go. It was not fun.

The swelling is crazy. My fingers look like little sausages and I don't have any wrists right now, lol. It's hard to type, ha ha!

The breasts are great! I'm so happy with the size. There's a little hardness right now, and it's slow moving the arms around, but other than that, they feel good.

I hate the drains. They suck. It burns every time I get up. I mean, the muscles hurt, as expected, but the burning I can do without.

I don't feel like I was prepared enough for going home. I had so many questions and the doctor didn't even see me before I left. The nurses were good, but they just kept saying check with the doctor on that. Next thing I knew, I was out the door, on my way home. I would have appreciated a discussion with him, especially about the drains. I read all about them, but once i actually saw them, it was a little unnerving. I also didn't know what stuff I should have been changing or how often, how much I should expect from the drains. None of the info sheets I got explained any of that. For a major surgery, I felt a bit like I had to fend for myself. It's not a good feeling. I also don't feel I can rely on the info coming off the site. There are so many differing opinions about what can and can't be done. I don't want to mess things up.

I'm so glad my fiance is here to help. I feel so limited, and I really don't liked the helpless feeling, but he has been really good. I'm a little nervous for Monday when he heads back to work, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

No pics right now. I don't feel comfortable enough to take the time on it. I'll see how I feel in the next couple days.

3 days after

I don't know about everyone else, but I was having a really hard time getting comfortable. My back was killing me. Pillows weren't sitting quite right, lumps everywhere. Blanket wouldn't cover me properly...Uggghhh! I only got 4 hours sleep between Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night, it took me about 1.5 hours to get to a semi-comfortable position. That lasted all of 5 minutes. I got up and decided to try the desk chair, I mean, what could it hurt? Wow! I was in heaven. I grabbed a pillow for my back and butt, and my neck pillow and I fell right to sleep, 4 solid hours before waking up, and I only did that cause I was cold. Fell right back to sleep again, only to wake up an hour later due to the fact that some silly person decided not to turn her work alarm off, lol. Then I was back to sleep again. It was fantastic. I felt so good.

I used a foam roller for my back last night. It felt so good to stretch it out a bit. I'm not a back sleeper, so these past few days have been rough. The foam roller really helped.

I went for a small walk outside yesterday. It was nice to be out. I was hoping to get out and in before anyone saw, but my neighbor happened to be out at the same time and she had to come over and talk. She was concerned when she first saw me. I told her about the tummy tuck. She offered to help, she's so sweet. (I think she even tried to come by this morning, but I just wasn't up to answering the door.)

My dog has been a little out of sorts these past few days. I feel bad for him because he has no idea what's going on and I can tell he just wants to help me, and by help, I mean, get under my feet and generally be right at my side, which of course is not ideal at this point, lol. Yesterday, we had a bit of an incident though. He's been really good about staying away, watching from a short distance when "dad" tells him to go lay down. When I came back from my walk, dad decided to let the boy out to say hi to me just before I came in. He got so excited and plowed his nose right in to my stomach, where the drains are. I screamed and started to cry. My fiance felt so bad, and the boy didn't know what to do. Despite the pain, I felt so bad for my puppy, he was just happy to see mom, I was gone for all of 5 minutes, lol. Fortunately, the pain didn't last long, and no major impact.

I'm by myself today. The fiance went back to work. At first, I thought I might have issue with it, but I'm feeling good. I'm feeling comfortable enough to be independent right now. It's funny how quickly I have been improving. It feels great.

4 days after

I managed to sleep in my bed last night, using my wedge pillow. Besides not being able to move to a different position, it was really good. I fell asleep right away.

I got brave enough to take my bra off and see what everything looked like (plus I needed to wash the bra). I was surprised that the lift scar wasn't as long as I thought it would be. My nipples looked off to me, bigger than usual, but maybe that's cause I've never been able to look at them straight on before, lol. I thought my breasts would be heavy without the bra, but I didn't notice any weight change, so I was happy with that. The breasts themselves look a bit warped. I am assuming the bra and strap will push them down and smooth them out. I'm not worried at this point.

I had some regular food for supper last night, turkey bacon and an egg. It was fantastic! I didn't feel stuffed or anything like that, which is what I was worried about. I was getting a little, ok a lot, tired of protein shakes...lol

The clinic called yesterday to see how I was doing. Of course, woke me up from my nap, lol. Good thing though, it had me awake for my neighbors call to see if I needed anything. She was going to pick me up a smoothie when she was out on errands. How nice!

I was able to go for a pretty good walk last night. It was probably the equivalent of 3-4 blocks. (I live on a wonky street, so it's hard to tell the actual length.) I was quite tired after though. It was nice to sit back down.

I am longing for a shower at this point. The earliest I am able to have one is Sunday, ewww! Lol. Sponging myself just isn't the same as a full fledged shower. I guess I will just have to dream about it, ha ha!

I've been feeling pretty good. I can get up and down with very little issue. I do get tired pretty quickly, but I can regain my energy quickly too. Every day is getting significantly better.

5 days after

I should actually call this update "memories". I woke up thinking, "Remember when you used to wake up, in bed, on your tummy, all comfy and nestled in?" "Remember when your body would wake up after 8 hours of sleep and you felt ready to get up?" "Remember when your whole body just felt good after a good night sleep?" Ah yes...memories! Lol.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it till this morning, but I am pretty sure I sleep in a tense mode right now. I woke up a few times last night, hanging on to things, like my blanket, or the chair arms, for dear life. My jaw is killing me too. I'm pretty sure I slept the entire night with clenched teeth. Very strange. I think I might try muscle relaxers before I head to sleep, just to help me out a bit, cause my body is not feeling all that great when I wake up.

Oh my goodness! I was so silly for eating turkey bacon. You wanna talk about swelling from the water retention? Wowza! Everything has been so tight, the only way I feel I can breathe properly is to be laying down. Now, I have been drinking lots of water, but that doesn't seem to matter at this point. Now I understand the severity when the other ladies mentioned staying away from sodium. No more sodium!

I didn't go for a walk last night. I know it probably would have helped with the water retention, but that's how uncomfortable I was. I couldn't bring myself to stand for that long. No more sodium! (Oh ya, I already said that! Lol)

I managed to get the hair washed last night. The fiance helped me out. I stood over the sink while he blasted water all over my head...and back...and face...water was everywhere...I was soaked! Lol. It did feel good though. Nice to not have that grungy mat on my head. It probably looks like a rats nest this morning, but hey, it's clean! Lol.

The fiance made me laugh a couple times yesterday...unintentionally, I'm sure. Just before he washed my hair, he said I forgot something. I figured it was a kiss, for helping me out. Let's just say, with our height difference, and my standing straight limitations, he didn't make it easy on me...lol. I started to laugh. I couldn't stop actually, unless I didn't look at him, and I had to take a bunch of deep breaths just to calm myself down. I don't know why it was so hilarious, maybe the fact that I haven't been able to laugh since Friday? I don't know, but it really caught me off guard. The laughing didn't hurt too bad, I just held my stomach as best I could...ha ha! Then, he was helping me get into bed and I was adjusting myself, getting comfortable. I looked over at him and he was standing there, waiting, with a goofy grin on his face. I just about died. (As I think about it, I want to laugh now.) Oh brother! Lol.

My implant on my left side is making some whack-a-doodle noise when I move my arm over my head, almost like a squirting/squishing sound. It is really disturbing. I really need that one figured out right away, otherwise it is going to drive me insane! I can just imagine doing my workouts...overhead press...squish...down...squish, repeat! Lol.

I'm thinking I might take a venture outside by myself today. I am so bored sitting here. I've been watching the Breaking Bad series, but since I'm not a TV watcher at the best of times, it isn't doing anything for me. I have magazines and books I can read, and crafts I can do, but that all seems so blah! I have never been cooped up in the house this long before, especially by myself. It's a little easier with someone else, but this being alone all day sucks the big one...lol. I've been thinking about when my little one comes home. She's with her dad till Friday at 5. She can at least occupy mommy's time a bit when she gets back...ha ha! Hopefully by then, the drains will be out, so she doesn't get freaked out.

6 days after

I am so tired, but I can't seem to sleep. This back sleeping is really getting to me. Even if I could get on my side, I'd be a happy camper, but the incisions on my hips seem to be really sensitive right now.

I was able to go for a long walk yesterday. I was so~o bored when the fiance was sleeping, so I took off on my own. Probably got about 6 blocks before he caught up. I went about 8 blocks this time. It felt like it took forever to go that far. I ended up meeting up with my neighbor at the end. It was nice to chat with someone else about random things. I've sorely been missing human interaction.

I am seriously so sick of tv. I wish I could dance and clean. I turned on some music yesterday and grooved my booty a minor bit. Felt pretty good to do something different, lol.

So I did a couple measurements today. I know the recommendations are to not do any measurements during recovery, but I was curious to see what the difference was and I wanted to see if one of my button up blouses still fit. It all fit, so I was happy about that. Honestly, under my chest and at my waist, I am only up an inch, which I think is spectacular. This is great considering I measured over my bra and over the padding on my belly. It made me feel pretty good.

I am so looking forward to seeing the doc tomorrow. I'm hoping he takes these stupid drains out and removes the padding on my belly. I want to see what it looks like. I also want to check out my belly button. I've always hated it, so I hope it's going to look a bit different, more belly button-like instead of coin slot-like...ha ha!

7 days after

Dang nabbit! Went to see my doctor today. Good news...everything is coming along great. He said I did really well through the surgery, considering its severity. He said everything is healing really well. Bad news...drains are still in till next Thursday. That means, my first shower won't be till the 18th. So gross! Lol. Originally, they told me they had no openings till the week of the 20th. I told them that wasn't acceptable. I am back to work on the 20th, I can't go in with those things. They worked out that I could go somewhere else to get them out, fortunately.

So one thing I learned today...the drains are in my vagina. That's how padded up I was. I had no view of anything till he took the padding off. I thought they came out of my incision in my belly. Frankly, I'm glad they aren't in my incision. I was wondering how that would work.

My breast strap has to stay on for 6 more weeks. I can wear a sports bra now, so I'm happy about that. This ugly thing I'm wearing right now leaves little to be desired...lol I needed new sports bras anyways, so it's a good excuse as any to go shopping, lol.

I have a binder on now (compression garment) for my belly. So glad to have the padding off, I feel like I can breathe and it isn't pulling on anything. I haven't seen anything yet. I was laying on the table when he pulled everything off and he said, "here have a look" and he lifted me up a bit so I could look at it. I couldn't see anything. Now, interestingly enough, I was staring straight at my vagina. Normally, no biggy, except, in my previous body, with the overhang I had on my belly, doing something like that, my vagina would have been covered. So while I couldn't see my belly, I knew there was success, lol. Plus, I think I was blocked from seeing my belly because of my boobs, which of course, is also a benefit. Lol.

I'll be taking off my binder as soon as my tummy settles down and I'm not feeling dizzy, and I'll take pictures of my new belly. I can't wait.

I'm feeling a little wonky right now. My head tends to screw with me when I anticipate pain, or things feel weird or unexplainable. So, in the docs office, when he took off all the padding and touched my stomach, it felt so gross, so weird. I knew he was touching it, but everything felt hollow. Left me with a weird sensation that hasn't left me. Hopefully it passes so I can check things out, lol.

This is my last boring, lonely day to get through, then my baby will be home. I can't wait. I've missed her.

Tummy pics

Uuuggghhhh, this numbness feeling on my belly is definitely more than that. Feels so gross, makes me weak in the knees, and not in a good way, haha! . Anyways, got some pics.

8 days after

Oh my goodness! I am going stir crazy. I just feel like getting up and going, but with no-where to go and not being able to do anything, my options are severely limited. Uuuggghhhh!

My fiance took me out grocery shopping last night. I didn't have to do anything but point and say how many, lol. We weren't out for very long though, so it was short lived.

Today, we went out for lunch at the mall. I looked like a hobo. Extra large t-shirt and baggy shorts, no shower for over a week. ..so sexy! Lol. You definitely can't tell I've had any work done...ha ha!

The meds were done as of last night. I'm glad because I slept a lot better, however I'm suffering from the typical debilitating headache that comes when I stop the T3 intake. They do wonders for pain, but only cause issue for days after stopping. Hopefully I get over it soon, I'm already tired of it.

Pain is minimal, almost non-existent, at this point. I have sensitivity around the incision at my hips. I only experience pain in my tummy if I am made to laugh. My breasts tingle once in a while, but no pain. I am able to move my arms around with little restriction. I can put them over my head, no problem. I can't say I could keep them up there for a long period of time, but at this point, I can pull a shirt over my head, which is really all I need.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have been overheating ever since the surgery. I have central air so there's no issue of temp in the house, but I almost constantly have to have a fan on me to cool me down. Hopefully that passes too. I don't want to have to worry about it at work.

10 days after

Things are going good. I'm still having some difficulty sleeping, but I guess them's the lumps...ha ha!

I managed to wash my own hair yesterday. Not sure if it's completely clean cause I couldn't get close enough to the sink, big boobs ya know...lol.

My daughter has been such a good help, grabbing the things that I've dropped...ha ha! She's even been standing as my support when I need to get up from a lay down position. That little girl is pretty strong.

I'm so looking forward to getting rid of these drains and having a shower. I'll probably take advantage of the freedom and add in a couple extra this weekend, lol.

I'm just waiting for lunch to be over to call my doc and find out when my stitches are supposed to come out. He never mentioned anything about it and I'm pretty sure they aren't the dissolvable type. Maybe they'll come out when the drains come out, but since I'm getting them done somewhere else, they might not know to do it. So I just have to check.

Walked my daughter to daycare today. We took the scenic route, so I could get a good walk in. We'll take the same route back. I need to get back into active mode without going overboard. I'm getting a little antsy right now. It's hard to go from active to nil in a matter of a day.

13 days after

In the immortal words of George Michael, "Freedom!", ha ha!

My drains are finally out, yay! I'm not going to lie, it hurt, but I was so relieved. I can walk better and sit easier, so the pain was worth it, ha ha!

The count down is on, I only have about 46 hours left before I can have a shower. I am so looking forward to it. It's going to feel so, so good...lol

I must be healing pretty good. The nurses were surprised it's only been 13 days. Doc says everything looks fantastic, so that makes me happy.

I'm looking forward to heading back to work now, which is on Monday. I'm definitely feeling capable of being more productive.

I know Monday is going to come quickly, so hopefully, now that the drains are out, I can catch up on my sleep. The drains have been very restrictive, plus one started leaking and stinging, so it was not comfortable at all. I'm able to adjust slightly on my side now, which feels so good, so I am going to take full advantage of it, ha ha!

I'm looking forward to wearing normal clothes, stuff that actually fits properly. I have never been a fan of t-shirts and sweat pants, so having to wear that stuff at about 2 sizes to too big for the past two weeks has made me feel quite grungy. I'm going to put on my colorful workout gear, that stuff always makes me feel good, lol.

Have I said yay yet?! It's a great day!

18 days after

Finally had my first shower on Saturday. It felt so good. I was a little slow moving around. My breasts and stomach are still sensitive, so the water beating down on them felt strange. I even managed to shave the forest from my legs...lol. Because of the enhancement, I now have a dip in my armpits, which makes it very difficult to shave, but I am not going to complain...ha ha!

My first day of work was yesterday. I did very well from 8:00 until about 1:30, then I started to get very uncomfortable. I really started to swell up and my back was in a lot of pain. (I am dealing with a pinch in my shoulder on top of the sore back because of not being able to stand up straight.) I couldn't wait to get home. I got home at about 5 and took off the stabilizer strap and binder...I finally felt like I could breathe. I was uncomfortable for the remainder of the night. I just laid on the couch to relax.

I bought some Nike sports bras on the weekend and tried one out yesterday. I really like the look it gives. It was very supportive and comfortable until I started to swell, then it was extremely uncomfortable. I was quite concerned with trying to take it off after I got home because everything was so sensitive, but fortunately it worked out ok. I just put my compression bra back on and left it on for today.

I am able to wear my normal work clothes, which I am happy about. My pants, yesterday, were tight, but they weren't uncomfortable, and I didn't have to worry about them cutting into my belly, like I would have had to worry about in the past. They were able to sit comfortably on my hips, so I was still able to breathe when I sat down...lol

One new thing I am dealing with is having my seat belt sitting right on my hips. It is quite a weird sensation because the belt has always sat on the overhang of my belly. Interestingly enough, the shoulder strap also sits better on me too, it doesn't cut into my neck. It is great...ha ha!

I am certainly loving when I look in the mirror and I see a flat stomach. For so long, I worked at hiding the bulge that was there, which resulted in wearing either longer shirts, or looking frumpy. It didn't matter how much weight I lost, it was always there. Now that it is gone, it is such a relief. I no longer have to worry about adjusting my shirt out of the rolls whether sitting or standing. It is a great feeling. I can't wait to get a belt on. I didn't wear belts in the past because they would just get enveloped in the excess skin...so not attractive...and very uncomfortable.

I am very happy with the breast size. I was starting to worry before the surgery that they were going to be too big, but when I look in the mirror, they look like they fit my body, the size that I should have had. I don't feel like they stand out unnecessarily when I have my clothes on. No-one I know has said anything (not like they probably would) and no-one is acting any differently around me, either (ex: staring...lol). Obviously there is a better perspective when I am naked, but that's just for mine and my fiance's enjoyment...ha ha!

21 days after

Well I have to say, if I was to do this again, I would go back to work after 2 weeks, but only start out on half days rather than full days. By the time Thursday hit, I was exhausted. I went home at lunch and just laid on the couch for the rest of the day. Today was worse. I didn't even want to go to work, but I gave it a try, but only lasted a couple hours. My mind was raring to go, but my body just couldn't keep up.

I am getting more comfortable with taking off the compression garments. At first, I was apprehensive and didn't like the sensation of being touched by anything, but now, it is better. Things are still sensitive, but it doesn't bother me.

I finally got a look at my belly button yesterday. Everything is still taped up, but I was told if the tape starts coming off, I was to change it. The tape was loosening on my belly button, so I changed it. It is so cute! Lol. It looks way better than I was expecting, considering some of the pictures I have seen. I love it! Ha ha!

I am pretty sure the surgery was successful in even-ing out my breasts. Before the surgery, they were severely lop sided, and I wanted to make sure it was corrected. I keep checking them out and everything seems to be looking good. There's no visible difference between the two...mission accomplished! Lol

25 days after

I tried on a tank top and shorts, without my compression garments on. Wow, I couldn't believe the difference. I felt pretty good not having to look at the bulges coming from my belly. And to wear a tank top without a bra was pretty amazing. Those puppies looked great under it...lol

I seem to have pretty stable energy this week. I'm getting tired by the end of the day, but I am not exhausted.

I am able to sit up in my office chair now. Last week, I had to lean back. Sitting up was just too uncomfortable.

I am standing almost straight up, which does wonders for the figure...ha ha! I am still a bit wary to do it when the compression binder is off, though. Standing up straight is helping my back to feel better. The pinch in my shoulder is almost gone, thank goodness.

Sleeping is still a bit difficult because I still have to be on my back. I don't think I am getting a good enough sleep yet, which is probably contributing to my tiredness at the end of the day.

Stairs are a bit tricky. I can go down, but as I come back up, I feel like I get a knot between my belly button and ribs. It is not as bad as it first was, but I still avoid lots of stairs just so I don't have to put up with that feeling.

I still can't laugh like normal. I am a belly laugher, so if something strikes me funny (which, since it hurts to laugh, everything seems to be...ha ha) I end up with a knot feeling, the same feeling I get walking up stairs, and it hurts, but of course, it isn't enough to make me stop laughing...it somehow makes the situation funnier...lol

Coughing and sneezing are ok. I have to stand up and hunch over to do it, but it doesn't really hurt. It is a little uncomfortable, but that's it.

Everything seems to be progressing as expected, no major issues to note. I am excited for every little bit of progress that I make. It's the little things that make me happy...:-)

26 days after

Some updated pictures from today.

33 days after

Went for a follow up today. Doc figures everything is healing up well. He seems impressed.

He noted one issue. I guess my bra has been cutting into the bottom of my breast, which is leaving an indentation. He even said the bra was no good. I should switch. (Um, it was the one he gave me.) I now have to massage that thing as often as possible so I don't get scar tissue that permanently leaves that mark. Not too happy about that.

I still have quite a bit of swelling from my belly button, down to my incision. Above that point, everything seems normal. The binder is now sitting on my ribs, which is a bit uncomfortable...there used to be a bit of a cushion there...lol

I am supposed to start massaging vitamin e oil into my scars 2x per day. I am happy that I can do that, but I don't really like touching them, so this is going to take a bit out of me at first, I am sure.

The fiance is getting anxious to take a look. He hasn't seen the finished product yet and he keeps asking when...ha ha! I'm just waiting for the scabs and glue to come off...sorry, but it really isn't attractive otherwise. At this point, he doesn't really care, and says he wants to be the judge...but absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?! lol.

I got the Ok to get back into exercising again. I am so happy about that. Doc says I can even lift weights, no restrictions. I just need to ease back in to it and stop if anything starts to hurt. Yay! Now I won't feel like a silly bump on a log anymore.

I have another follow up in 6 weeks. Hopefully everything will be near to normal at that time.

Additional pics

A couple pics of the tummy incision and belly button, without the tape, ha ha! You'll get a good idea of the swelling that comes at the end of the day at this point.

34 days after

Well, I was excited about the return to exercising, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I was able to accomplish squats, bicep curls (10lbs), triceps extensions (10lbs), planks from the knees, and wall sits. Push ups, walk outs, planks from the toes, sit ups and crunches were all no-goes. I felt like I could do them when I attempted to do them, but it just didn't work out. Blahh!

I am not impressed with how sticky the vitamin e oil is. It was difficult to rub it on the scars without feeling like it's pulling on them. It is especially difficult because I still have scabs in most places, so it just yanks on them. Plus, the stuff acts like a glue and I can't get the tape off my tummy incision now. My breasts are extremely itchy too. So I feel like I am constantly rubbing them to sooth the itch. (Not very appropriate for work...ha ha!) Not too sure how I feel about this going forward.

I am extremely worried about this crease in my one breast now. That's all I seem to think about. My breast is sore from pushing and rubbing to fix the dang thing.

Today could be a better day.

6 weeks after

My, how time has flown.

I am feeling pretty good at this stage. I am still a bit tired at the end of the day, but it is getting better.

I can stand up straight. I'm still not arching my back, which makes me look like I have a flat bum (enhanced when I have the binder on), and it makes my pants fall down, but I'm almost there.

I am now able to walk up and down the stairs with little issue. I am not into jogging them yet (I tried, it leaves me a bit winded), but I know that will come soon.

I can lay on my side for a bit now. It has made for some very comfortable sleeps lately.

Scabbing is pretty much gone. There are only a couple small spots that still remain.

I am impressed with the size of the scars. They are thin...minimal in width...which is going to be nice once they start to fade.

I am unhappy with my one breast. The crease that was discovered at my last checkup makes my breast look a bit wonky. I have been doing what the doctor said to try to get rid of it, but I haven't noticed any change. All it has done is left my breast very sore. It doesn't affect the overall look, but it would be nice if it matched the other one when I am looking in the mirror.

I am so happy with the way my tummy looks. I put on some spandex shorts yesterday...and wow! Let me just say, I couldn't pull myself away from the mirror. The surgery has made a huge difference in how I look and most importantly, how I feel. I don't feel fat anymore...I knew, in the back of my mind I wasn't fat before, but it was hard to believe when I looked in the mirror.

I am still wearing the compression garments. The stabilizer band is only on at night, but the binder and bra are on all the time. I am still swelling quite a bit in the tummy area, so I am a bit reluctant to stop using the binder. (Although it would be nice to not be so covered up when it is super hot outside.) I take it off for a bit once in a while, but I seem to swell quite quickly, which leaves me feeling uncomfortable. I am wearing the bra only because I haven't found an acceptable substitute. All the sports bras I have tried on seem to want to yank on my shoulders and neck, which is leaving me with bad headaches. If I go any bigger, they don't provide any support. I have to find something with adjustable straps...and preferably one that fastens up...the search is on.

I bought myself a cute little bikini this past week. When I tried it on, I felt so good. I would never wear a bathing suit before, let alone a bikini...now I am excited to get it on and use it.

I am headed to California in a week...San Diego for a few days, then to Anaheim. There will be a ton of walking, so we shall see how I hold out.

6+ weeks after

So I decided to do a full reveal for my fiance this weekend. (He asked nicely...lol!) It was a very strange feeling...like the first time I ever undressed in front of him.

What did he say? "You are like a brand new toy, straight out of the box. I want to play with you, but I'm afraid I'll break you." Ha ha! Too funny! Needless to say...he liked what he saw.

10+ weeks after

I have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow. Overall, I would say I am not entirely satisfied at this point.

My one breast still has the crease, no matter how much rubbing and adjusting I do. It is so sore all the time. The other one is good, but the fact that they don't match bums me out.

My belly button is not centre. This one really bothers me. I see it every time I look in the mirror.

The ends of my incision on my hips stick out. Now this may be corrected after a while, but right now, it looks horrible.

My tummy droops when I sit. This is another one that may be corrected after a while, but again, right now, it looks horrible.

I am still swelling up in the day, but it isn't anything significant. I can see it if I am wearing tight fitting clothing, but it is usually at the end of the day, so it is no big deal.

I am using my rowing machine every day now and I am also lifting weights again. I can bend, twist, and move almost normally. I am still limited in how much I lift or how fast I can go, but it is getting there. The only real issue I have right now is getting up from sitting on the floor. I can do it, but it really isn't comfortable at all.

I wear my binder every night and while I am exercising. Throughout the day, I wear a tensor bandage over my stomach. I like it because I can actually breathe while sitting. It isn't so obtrusive under the clothing either. I can't stand pants sitting directly on my belly yet...it feels horrible...so it helps in that way too.

I would have to say that I am finding it a bit difficult to find pants. Everything I come across, the band goes up to my belly button. I have yet to find something that sits on my hips. I have been leaning towards wearing skirts and dresses to work...which is great right now, but when the weather gets colder, I have to find more appropriate clothing to wear...lol I have been able to find shorts that fit properly, but like I said, I need something more appropriate for colder weather.

Fortunately I haven't had too much of an issue with tops/shirts. Certain styles I shy away from because in order to get them to fit over my boobs, it just hangs and makes me look like I have a belly...um...so not the look intended...lol Fitted seem to be working for me. I got a couple cute dresses that fit perfectly. You can see I have a flat belly and my breasts don't stick out outrageously...lol

I should be able to get some pictures posted and have an update from my doctor tomorrow evening.

15 weeks after

Things aren't going as well as I had hoped.

In addition to the issues I indicated in my last post, you can now see lumps under my breasts...it looks like my implants are "falling" down. During my workouts, it is actually to the point of hurting because they are not where they should be.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday. I went through everything with him again, plus this new issue.

For my stomach, last time he told me it was fluid under the skin. This time, I get told that it is loose skin. Um...that's what the tummy tuck was supposed to fix, right? There have been women who have posted on here, pre-surgery, with the same look I have right now.

For my breasts, I get told I will probably have to have another lift, the skin isn't tight enough. Seriously, I have to go through this again? Wasn't this supposed to fix that issue? Then he tells me I need to start wearing underwire bras because I need more support. I'm not quite sure how that is going to go, I tried it and it feels like the implants want to slip under the underwire. So uncomfortable.

Then he goes on to comment that everything looks good as I stand there in my clothes. The breasts still have a nice shape, the stomach is flat. Yes, I agree...but as soon as I sit, you can see my stomach is no longer flat, plus, I don't need to be embarrassed when I take off my clothes for my husband...or wear a bikini to the beach. That's what this surgery was all about...feeling good about myself no matter what.

I have another follow up in 3 months. He said it was too early to determine any further action right now. He will see where things are at, at that time.

I don't have the excitement as I did before. I was planning on a thigh lift next summer, but it might have to be put on hold to fix this stuff.


As I took these pictures, it made me even more sad.

Another surgery

So In February, I got told that I had to have another lift because my implants were falling. I was quite upset about it, but if the next surgery was going to fix it, then fine.

Fast forward to last week, I got in for the surgery. After, I was in a lot more pain that I originally anticipated. My whole chest was so sore. I could barely move my arms. After I got home, the pain was so bad it felt as if the pain meds weren't working.

After finally gaining some mobility and being able to stand up straight, I took a look at what was done. It looks as if he did a reduction. My chest isn't near as big, in fact, it looks squished cause now it's going into my sides. When I finally was able to have a shower and I took off my bra, I broke down. One was lifted higher than the other, now they look completely stupid. In fact, it's causing a rift in between my breasts cause it is uneven. Because one was lifted higher, now I look like I am lop-sided. One nipple points down and one points out...are you kidding me? There was no need for a difference in lift. They both were in the same position, both needing the same lift. I am so upset right now, constantly on the verge of crying.

I go to see him tomorrow. This is not going to be a good situation.

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful