37 Y.o. Mother of 2 Getting Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 107 reviews

I'm having tummy tuck and breast lift done. I've...

I'm having tummy tuck and breast lift done. I've seen places that offer it for less money, but I felt the most comfortable with Dr. Pyle and his staff after consultation. I will post before pics tomorrow. I'm getting pretty nervous. I finally told my 12 year old daughter so that she would be aware and not shocked at the difference. She was unusually unphased. She just wanted to know if i was going to come out looking like Nikki Minaj. I told her I wished i could. Lol. But I'm not getting a Brazilian butt lift. I think my butt is okay. I also have a 20 month old who will be going to my in laws house for a week. He's a handful and I won't be able to recover properly with him around. I'm having muscle repair done and no drainage holes, which was very important to me. The drainage holes just kinda freaked me out. I am African American and it was very difficult for me to find a doctor that had pics of black women before and after, however I did find a few. Not that it really makes a difference, I just wanted to see how the scars heal differently. So I'm 2 days pre-op and I've gotten my prescriptions filled. I do not have my surgery day outfit yet, but I will be picking up a zip up sweater or Hoodie and loose pants. I got my hair braided since I will be spending a lot of time in bed and I don't want my hair to break off or shed in the back. I was advised by the doctor to start taking a stool softener today so that I am not as constipated by the pain meds. So I took some dulcolax today and will take more up until the day or 2 after surgery. I do not want my breast to look bigger, just fuller and perkier. My husband is more nervous than I am. He's still not convinced that I need the surgery but I explained that I have to do it for myself, and to feel better about myself. His discomfort with change is part of the reason I'm not getting implants, and just a lift. I don't want to completely freak him out with too much of a difference. I'm financing the surgery and plan on paying it off well in advance. If you're on the fence about getting it done, I say pray about it, go for a consult, and go with what works for you and your family.
If anyone else has any tips or suggestions please share. I'll post pics tomorrow or Sunday.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Hands down the best around. Made me feel comfortable and confident from day 1.