20 Year Old Male- Lost 160 Pounds During High School - Portage, MI

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I weighed almost four hundred pounds starting my...

I weighed almost four hundred pounds starting my freshman year in high school. I told myself that I needed to change my life, and I did. I started eating well and exercising fervently. By the time I started college, I had lost a little more than 150 lbs, and I had a lot of excess skin, especially in my abdomen. I was distraught because as a young man, I should not be ashamed to take my shirt off if I want to go swimming, but I hated my excess skin. Then I found Dr. Elluru, and he was so kind. The surgery was painful post-procedure, but Dr. Elluru was honest with me about the pain, and I appreciated that more than anything. I am astounded with my results even though I have a sizable scar around my waistline. The scar is well below my belt line, so it is hidden from view even when my shirt is off. I swam shirtless for the first time since I was eight years old last week, and I have not been so proud of myself in a long time. Thank you Dr. Elluru!
Kalamazoo Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Elluru is one of the most compassionate surgeons I have ever met. He understood my distress at not being comfortable with my young body, and he gave me ALL of the options available including not doing the surgery and living with my excess skin. He did not make the meeting about money, but instead he made it about me. That made all of the difference. I was stunned by his bedside manner, and he executed the surgery perfectly!