Surgical Scar Treated with Subcision - Overland Park, KS

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek...

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek. Over the years the scar began to sink and become depressed. Here is my first subcision progress. More than likely will have another treatment in 2 months but so far, good!

If you have a deeper scar like I did, I would highly recommend this procedure. :)

1 week progress update

About a week ago I had my first subcision procedure to the sunken surgical scar on my cheek. Right after the procedure it was pretty swollen and started to bruise a bit but after a week I have seen progress! My scar definitely looks much less sunken. When casting a light on it there is much less of a shadow. I am excited for my next procedure in about 7 weeks.

Subcision #2

Hi all! So it's been about 2 months since my first subcision on a scar left by a mole removal. The scar was very deep and had sunk quite a bit since the surgery years ago. The first subcision made some nice improvement on the scar but it usually takes 2-3 subcision treatments for the optimal result. I will post before subcision #2 pics and right after. I did notice the bruising and bleeding on this treatment to be way more noticeable than last treatment. Excited to see the results. I'll post an update in the next few days once the bruising has gone away.

Possible Plateau in Progress

Hi! So it's been about 2 weeks since my second subcision and I think I've reached a plateau in the progress. To me, it looks about the same as it did after the first subcision. It did raise slightly but not as much as I wanted. I have a photo with makeup on it but I'll take a better for comparison later. Really was hoping that it would look more raised.

1 month after 2nd subcision

Well I'm not exactly thrilled with the progress of the second subcision. The first subcisipn progress was very noticeable and so far the second has only raised the scar very slightly. I am really hoping that when I go back in another month that I will be able to get a filler for make the scar level with my skin.
Overland Park Dermatologic Surgeon