34 Years Old/5'3" 155lbs. Now a Better Looking Version of Myself! - Orlando, FL

I am not one to write reviews, but I decided that...

I am not one to write reviews, but I decided that i needed to 'pay it forward', because of all of the stories that I read about other women's experiences. I have lived on this site on and off for the past year and daily for the past 6 months and now it's time to share my story to help someone else in their mommy makeover journey. Since I am not a fan of anticipation, I decided to post my story after my surgery, for the ladies out there like myself who like instant gratification :)

I decided to get a mommy makeover, for the same reasons most women decided to get one. I had 2 kids via C-Section and my body showed that. My gut was resistant to diet and exercise. My expectations were not high, I really just wanted a flat stomach and perkier breasts. I researched for over a year and had 3 consultations with various board certified cosmetic surgeons, and decided on one about a year ago. Dr. Soto was over an hour away from me, so although I had him on my radar, I wasn't sure if I was willing to travel especially since I had found a well recognized surgeon closer to home. The surgeon I originally planned to go with was not able to operate during the time I wanted in 2013 and was not sure if he would be available during the same time period in 2014 and to be honest I was not a big fan of his patient coordinator and the follow up, so I took this as a sign to just to consult with Dr. Soto and boy am I sooooooooooo glad that I did.

The first encounter I had with Dr. Soto's office was with Keely his patient coordinator who is absolutely amazing and so knowledgable on all the "business" matters and scheduling of the office, a trait which was lacking with the surgeon I was originally looking into. The follow up by Keely is impeccable, if I called and she was not available she would always call me back within 10-15 minutes...Amazing for what I know now to be a very busy office. For my first consultation with Dr. Soto, we 'skyped' and I knew right away that I would be switching surgeons. He was humble, yet confident in his responses. To give me an accurate assessment, I had to see him in person so that he could assess my body. I was impressed by this because that in my mind told me that he was more concerned about managing my expectations rather than promising me the world via a video chat. Even though I had already made my decision that day, when I consulted with him a couple of weeks later it solidified that I had made the right choice. I booked my surgery for 12/19/14.

My surgery was at 9 am, and I was excited and nervous at the same time. I met with Caley his nurse who took my vitals, I saw the anesthesiologist (who was awesome), spoke with Dr. Soto, walked to the OR, laid on the table where Dr. Soto told me to imagine myself on a beach in a bikini while I took a couple of deep breaths into an oxygen mask and I was out. I woke up a few hours later in recovery, like nothing had happened. I know that my pain tolerance is quite high, but I really expected to be in more pain than I was. I had 2 C-Sections and this was a piece of cake compared to that. I stayed at a nearby hotel and I was back there by 4pm. Since I was staying at a hotel, using a recliner was not an option, so I bought one of the pillows that looks like a chair...you know, the ones that prop you up in your bed while reading...my fantastic husband who is the best nurse anyone could ask for, positioned that back pillow along with about 8 other pillows to mimic a lawn chair with some behind my back, under my knees and ankles and one under each arm and I was surprisingly pretty comfy. Hubby got me up every 2 hours to walk and potty. Even though I was told I would be pretty much out of it for the rest of the day, I was fine...I just laid out kept hydrated and had dinner at about 6 and went to sleep at about 10 or so. I took my pain pills, muscle relaxer and antibiotics as prescribed for about 4 days which I think caused me to feel almost no pain. I felt more uncomfortable than anything, having to walk hunched in a very snug binder, but other than that everything else was tolerable.

The next morning I took my binder off because I needed to change the BB gauze...and by me, I mean hubby :) and I almost passed out. Not because I took off the binder, but because I could not believe the woman staring back at me was really me! I am still swollen, to this day but soooo happy with the results so far. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and the lowest incision you could imagine. He even took out my c-section scar which should give you an idea of just how low it is. For my breasts...I just wanted them to go back to the way they were before...but better :) Ask, and ye shalt receive! He gave me silicone implants 300cc in one breast and 320cc in the other, I can't remember which is which...but who cares! They look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!

I bought quite a few supplies for this journey...but the only things I really used were gauze, tape, dial antibacterial soap and stretchy cotton camis to wear under the binder. It may behoove you to buy a spare binder and bra for obvious reasons. I had my first drain removed at 3 days post op and I was draining very lightly at 7 days and although removing the last drain at 7 days post op is not typical, Dr. Soto felt comfortable removing it. The consequence however, is that I now have to wear my binder very snug to avoid fluid accumulation...fair enough. The drains being removed was better than I expected...I felt the first one slightly and the 2nd one I did not feel at all.

Well this has been quite a lengthy post, so I will stop now :) If there is anything else anyone would like know or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

My advice is, if you really want it done... do it! You will have doubts, critics and fear...but it will be all worth it in the end...Just remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon and you will be on your way to happier you!

6 Weeks post-op and Binder free!

I received the go ahead this week to torch my binder...yayyy for me! My recovery has been pretty much smooth for the most part. Now I am trying to adjust to the muscle tightness I am experiencing without the support of the binder. Without the binder, at the end of the work day, I am very swollen...but even swollen I look way better than I did before the surgery!

6 Weeks Post Op

Swollen!

2 months and Oh so worth it!

I've had a few requests for an update, so here goes... Bra size is officially a 34D in bras such as Calvin Klein and 34DD at Victoria secret. At first I was dissappointed with my breasts when I stood naked, because after surgery, once they settled seemed smaller...but honestly, once they are in the bra and in clothes...they are perfect, i definitely would not want them any bigger...I think I was temporarily suffering from a little boob greed :) Dr. Soto did a fantastic job choosing a size for my frame, because I probably would have gone bigger and would have wound up being unhappy. As for the tuck...I still suffer from a swollen tummy after any activity. I also have pin like prickles every now and again, which I understand is quite normal at this time as the nerves start to "wake up". All in all I feel great and look even better! Doc says my scars are looking good and I am using a scar recovery gel twice a day. My confidence level on scale of 1-100 body image wise went from 10 to 150!

If I had a choice, would I do it again? A million times yes! The mild discomfort that I have experienced so far is nothing compared to how good I feel about myself right now!

Side View

Here is a side view for all that asked...

One year!!!

Still loving my body. Best decision I could have made for myself!!!
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Soto is a fantastic cosmetic surgeon, with a wonderful staff. For me, the great thing about Dr. Soto is how candid he is. I am always more drawn to people who tells it like it is..he does not sugar coat anything, which i think makes your expectations more realistic. Dr. Soto was always very honest and his primary concern is always the health and safety of the patient. He listens attentively and makes sure to address all questions and concerns and assures you that you can call him if you have any additional questions after leaving his office. He has the ability to put you at ease as soon as he enters the room, and is so easy to talk to. I would be remiss, if I did not mention Keely (Patient Coordinator) and Caley (Nurse) . They are phenomenal and will make you feel like you are the only patient in the world when you meet with them. I never felt rushed and it has been a great experience so far. I am now 15 days post op and when I look at my results, I cannot believe the woman that now stares back at me. I am still swollen, but If I love my results now I can only imagine what I will look like in 6 months! If you are thinking about any cosmetic procedure and you are considering Dr. Soto....Do it! You won't be sorry!