49, 2 C-sections, 155 Lbs, 5'6" and Feel Like I Can't Tell Anyone. Omaha, NE

I've had 2 consults for a TT with lip in the past...

I've had 2 consults for a TT with lip in the past two years and haven't been able to just commit because I don't know how, or if, to tell my kids or extended family. There's a social push to love yourself the way you are, and to set that example for children. My son who is 14 couldn't pick me out in a line up so he wouldn't notice one way or another. But I have an 8 year old girl who sees everything, and she's a chronic worrier! I'm stressing out on how to explain this to her. Add to my worry, the surgeon is two hours away (nothing closer) and requires an overnight stay in order to do the next day post op.

I can't tell either my husband's or my family, which means I don't know what to do with the kids overnight. Maybe by starting this review here, I can empty my brain and allow myself to come up with some solutions. And even though I recovered quickly from my last c-section at 41, after reading how long recovery is taking, I get so anxious and tell myself it's not worth it. The next day I put on my pants and hate how they fit or I sit down and my boobs and gut are indistinguishable mounds, and I'm re-inspired. Feeling torn.

Still pre-surgery but updating with before photos and virtual after

This was actually a before/after photo of me from two years ago, the last time I had a consult for TT with lipo. The photo on the right is after the consultant digitally altered the photo so I could have an idea of what I might look like after. I don't look at myself in the mirror, but I think I've probably put on weight since then. Plus I was just getting into a running routine (which I have dropped since then).

Not only am I dwelling on "to tell or not to tell", I'm wondering if I should invest in a lift chair while I'm at home. Our mattress sits high and I'm thinking I won't be able to make it from the bed to the bathroom and back again without a major production. My husband is hoping to take that first week off to be my caregiver.

TT Scheduled December 21 cancelled. Rescheduled for February.

After waiting years, and making all kinds of back-bending to get my surgery and care scheduled, my husband's mother became critically ill days before my surgery. I ended up cancelling my surgery. Here I thought I'd be 10 days post-surgery, but instead I'm wasting the last couple of days of my two-weeks winter breaks by sleeping in and eating Christmas candy.

I've tentatively rescheduled my surgery for late February. I'm trying to look on the bright side and look at this as time I needed to get over a chest cold and make sure I'm well enough (I had already had a script for antibiotics and steroids to try to hurry things along). FWIW, my mother-in-law is miraculously recovering. I can breathe better and I'm not coughing as much. I will have to go back to the clinic for another pre-op exam, which is just another day I'll need to take off from work.

I'm also updating with some current photos, which I took the beginning of December.
Omaha Plastic Surgeon