I Always Thought I Would Have a Facelift in my Fifties, Now Finally at 64 I'm Going to Do It. - Oklahoma City, OK

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had my consultation with Dr. Ivan Wayne and feel...

I had my consultation with Dr. Ivan Wayne and feel very confident with my choice. He has two board certifications and glowing reviews.
I had planned on doing this years ago and just never got around to it. My surgery date is July 23, 2015. I am very nervous about all the things that could go wrong. I would love to share my journey with all you who are or have gone through this. I will post more after my pre op appointment on June 10, 2015.

Some before photos

I thought I would go ahead and post a couple of before pictures. Will definitely post more after surgery.

Pre Op Appointment

Had my pre op today. I have been feeling very nervous and scared the closer surgery gets...but today really calmed me down and I started feeling excited again. Dr. Wayne was wonderful. He spent a long time with me answering all my many questions. I still feel so lucky that there is a facial plastic surgeon of his caliber in Oklahoma! He explained that he uses a vertical technique that very few surgeons use. Anyway it feels good to feel excited again and not so scared. Just 12 more days!! Also got my pre op goody bag...some creams, arnica, tape,bandages and a few other things. Sure are a lot of instructions. A little overwhelming. I will post more in a few days. I appreciate all of the comments.

Only 5 more days!

I can't believe it's only 5 more days...I've had this date set up since early April and it felt like it was never going to get here. You know how it is, once you get a date it's hard to think about anything else. I've filled all my prescriptions and bought all my supplies. Only thing left to get are groceries. I start Arnica the day before surgery...sure hope it helps with bruising. Some people bruise really bad and some don't. There is just know way to tell. But it seems like that takes the longest to recover from....as far as being able to be seen in public. And I think it might be a little easier on my husband if I'm not extremely bruised. Lol. Thanks for all the encouraging messages. Will write more later.

Tomorrow is the big day

Well it is finally here.....after waiting for almost 4 months. Surgery is tomorrow at 7:00 am. I'm feeling a little nervous but not too bad. I would really appreciate it if everyone would put me in their prayers. Thanks so much. I am getting haircolor,mani and pedi this afternoon. Washing bed clothes and getting all supplies out and ready. My husband went to the store this morning and stocked up on soft food for me. I bought a bed wedge for sleeping upright. Should be interesting . I am supposed to be at the facility at 5:45 in the morning. Am spending the night. My husband will pick me up at 5:00 am Friday morning. The facility can only keep you under 24 hours hence the early pick up. Then I don't see my PS until 4:00 pm Friday afternoon. It's going to be a long day. I will post as soon as I am physically able. Hopefully no later than Friday. Thanks so much for everybody's kind comments and support. It really makes a difference.

I'm back

Just a quick note to let everyone know I am ok. I've had a pretty rough time up until a couple days .my eyes have been swollen shut until today. My Dr. said today that I have the worst swelling he has seen. Just my luck . Lol. I also threw up all night after surgery . They gave me as much medicine as they could to no avail. The throwing up caused a large hematoma on my right neck so now I have some pretty serious bruising going from my neck and back into my armpit. We got that drained Friday and it seems to be much better. But the good news is I've had very little pain and I feel pretty good now. Am going to post a pic of the third day. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. Will write more when I'm not so bleary eyed.

My Dr.

I wanted to add what good concern and care Dr. Wayne and his staff gave me. I always new everything was under control. He is a true perfectionist!!


I almost completely lost my hearing for two weeks. So I have had a rough time feeling isolated. Between the numbness and loss of hearing it was pretty scary. Turns out I am one of those people who make a lot of earwax, I was a little hard of hearing to begin with. Anyway my PS said between the earwax and dried blood, it was pushing against my eardrum. They sent me to An ENT yesterday that spent 45 minutes deep cleaning my ears and about halfway through my hearing started returning!!! Along with it enormous relief. So if anyone else experiences this don't panic like I did. I am feeling fabulous and healing pretty fast. Will post more pics in a couple of days. Thanks for all the kind comments. They really helped.


I am now able to cover bruises with Derma blend. That stuff really works! I have also developed a rash on my face, not sure what from. Possibly some make up remover towelettes Anyway seems to have slightly improved. I still have quite a bit of swelling and no eye make up. But not bad for 16 days considering all the above.

More photos

I still have a rash on my face in these photos which I don't like!

Most recent post op appointment

Just had my latest post op appointment this morning. Dr. Wayne is very pleased with my healing except he did voice a little surprise over the bruising I still have He said I was a slow metabolizer. Although my Derma blend does a great job covering it up. I just want to say how impressed I am with Dr. Wayne and his staff. They all bent over backwards to make sure I was comfortable and well taken care of. Dr. Wayne even told my husband he would come to our home the first week end after my surgery if I needed anything. I had a few complications that were nipped in the bud immediately . Anyway I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Wayne and staff. I go back in 2 months. Thanks again for all the nice comments, they sure helped during a rough time. I am posting a few more pics.


Almost 4 weeks

I am approaching 4 weeks coming up Thursday . Am really pleased so far. The bruising is almost gone and what little is left is easily covered with the extra coverage make up. Still some swelling but seems a little better everyday. I had a pretty rough start with the nausea all night after surgery, the most swelling my Dr. had ever seen, a hematoma and deafness the first two weeks because of wax build up and dried blood in my ears. But everything was handled quickly and professionally . Even with everything I never had any pain. And I would definitely do it again. I just want to thank everybody for all of the positive comments and support. It really makes a big difference. I wanted to ask about incisions. Mine are raised an a little lumpy. PS says they will flatten out soon. Just wondering if anybody else had this and how long it took to resolve. I will post more pics in a couple of days.

Working Out

I finally get to start working out again next week. I do Crossfit 4 to 5 days a week. Part of me is excited to get back but part of me is really dreading it after being gone a month! I think the first few times will really be hard. My Doc just told me " Be Careful ". Lol. I am feeling great, have all my energy back. Still have the lumpy incisions, sure wish that would go away. I also still have some bruising under my eyes that is being really stubborn. Also still a little swelling but doesn't seem like much. I am posting a few pics. Will post more later.

Side by side pic

Another side by side

5 weeks

Well it's been 5 weeks today since surgery. Doesn't seem possible ! I am really happy with my results, seems like it looks a little better everyday . My incisions are really starting to settle down, not nearly as lumpy. I think they will be completely smooth in a couple of weeks. I also don't feel like I have much swelling left. Except for the numbness I feel like I am pretty much back to normal. I know there will still be subtle changes to come. I went to the dermatologist about the rash on my face, she also thought it might be an allergic reaction to something and a little acne. She prescribed a pill and a cream and I am already seeing an improvement. So glad for that. Started working out again this week, it didn't seem as hard as I thought it would but was I ever sore! Sure am happy to be back to working out. It gives me so much energy. I cut some long bangs and have had lots of compliments on my new hairstyle . Lol. People know something is different but can't quite put their finger on it! If anybody is on the fence about having a facelift, I highly recommend it!! It is totally worth it. Best to everyone.

11 weeks

Well went back to the Dr.and everything is looking good. I would say 90 to 95 % of the swelling is gone and probably about 75 % of the numbness. I go back in about a month for a recheck and Botox. Since I didn't really need a forehead lift I need to keep the Botox up. It does the trick and lasted about 5 months so I'm happy with that. The Dr. Put all my before and after photos on a thumb drive and I am posting a couple of them. if I can answer any questions I'd be happy to.

Almost four months

I saw Dr. Wayne last week and we are both pleased with my results. I still have a little more loose skin under my neck than what I want. We are going to revisit that in a year post surgery. We may do a minor revision in the office at that time. Other than that I am very happy with the outcome. I had more Botox and I definitely am going to have to keep that up. I feel like all my swelling is gone. I still have a little numbness. And my scars are almost invisible. He did a wonderful job on my incisions! Hope everyone is doing well and if anyone has any questions let me know.

4 months

I just reached the 4 month mark....I know they say a year for final results but I feel like I am at least 90 percent there. No swelling and just a small amount of numbness. I don't go back to see Dr. Wayne until March. I still feel like myself but with about 10 to 12 years knocked off. It was definitely worth it. Thanks to everyone for all the support, it makes all the difference, especially in those early days! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

Revision update

Well it's been awhile since I have been on here but I mentioned I was going to have a neck revision. Monday the 26th was the day. Almost a year since my facelift. It was done in the office and took about two and a half hours. He is meticulous with his stitches. I didn't feel a thing. I had a couple of Valium and a local. The results are already fantastic ! I will post a before and after pic. I also can't stress enough how talented Dr. Wayne is and how lucky I was to find him! His staff is great and very caring. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Neck revision

This is the third full day since my neck revision and I have done great. Only had to take medicine the night of and once the next day. It feels tight which I like but no pain. I have some minor swelling on my neck behind my ears. And several sutures which will come out next Tuesday. I can't believe the difference. It was immediate. My niece dropped me off because my husband couldn't get away from work in time. He was able to pick me up and was actually in the room the last hour of the procedure. They asked him if he wanted to watch and if it would bother him but since he is in the Forensics field it didn't and he found it interesting. I was awake most of the time but the Valium affected my memory a little so it was good to have him fill me in. I will post another after pic soon! Thanks for all the support. It sure is nice!

9th day after revision

I got my stitches out yesterday and have not had any problems. I was back to my normal routine the day after the procedure although I has quite a few stitches. I had no pain just a little discomfort the first 24 hours. My neck couldn't look any better! Huge difference. Still so happy to have found Dr Wayne. From what I've read this only happens about 5% of the time where a revision is needed. So it's not unheard of. I am posting some pics I took today.
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to say how impressed I am with Dr. Wayne and staff. From my first visit I was made to feel comfortable. Everybody is so kind. His skills are top notch and he is definitely the best facial surgeon in this part of the country. The first two weeks are pretty intense and Dr. Wayne and his staff did everything possible to make that time as easy as possible. Anyway I 100 per cent recommend him to anyone considering any kind of facial surgery.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful