OKC, 23 Years Old with "Parenthesis", Thin Lips - Oklahoma City, OK

I had been feeling super insecure about a very...

I had been feeling super insecure about a very heavy wrinkle on one side of my mouth(nasolabial fold) since I was about 21. My parents smoked around me a lot as a child, and I grew up to sleep on my right side primarily, so over time a deep wrinkle formed, making my face look uneven and old. Went in on 6/7/16 to get a consult and back for the procedure on 6/13/16. I was sure i was going to need a full syringe for my folds, but I was thrilled when the RN told me I would only need 0.5ml ! I got a full syringe and did half in my folds, half in my lips. BEST DECISION EVER. The results are natural and I have no bruising so far and minimal pain. I AM A PERSON THAT IS TERRIFIED OF NEEDLES !! So I almost chickened out.... but the RN(she preformed the injections at a board certified plastic surgeons office) used a cannula needle(spelling?) and heavy duty numbing cream and it was virtually PAINLESS!!! I do NOT have a high tolerance for pain by any means so I was pleasantly shocked at how painless it was. No worse than threading your eyebrows. I WILL be back to do more when I need it again! Would probably split 1.5ml between folds and lips if I had to do it over. If you're thinking about it, just DO IT!!! ps- my pics don't do enough justice in my opinion.

Weird effect/changes Juvederm

It seems like the product is now sitting above my wrinkle and above my lip on one side as well, now that It has been several days since my procedure. With my wrinkle, I can actually FEEL the product and its not "in" my wrinkle..is sitting above my wrinkle. Also, I don't think it helped much, if at all. The first couple of days I tried to take "selfies" to see if the line disappeared, it really looked like it did disappear... I am assuming this was due to swelling. But now, it the wrinkle is BACK and seems unchanged. With my top lip, i can actually notice where my natural lip line ends and where the product is sitting and it just doesn't line up it seems... I don't know if it was due to the injector, or the way my body reacted, but I was EXTRA careful for the first 48 hours(heard a rumor that it "sets" during that time) and not smile, sing, sleep on my side, etc. I am pretty unhappy about how it looks right now.. I am really hoping it is not done changing? Scheduled to go back and going to talk to injector about it and update late.
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Ashley - Dr Brou's Office.