24 Year Old, Starting Claravis, 30mg/day

Hi guys! So I've loved reading everyones accutane...

Hi guys!

So I've loved reading everyones accutane reviews while I prepared to start my treatment, and thought I'd contribute. A little bit about my history with acne: I've had moderate to severe acne since 7th or 8th grade, but I believe it was at its absolute worst in the past few years. I've tried everything under the sun, and have attempted to start accutane multiple times. I split my time between west coast Canada and east cost USA which is what has held me up form starting before. Now I'm so desperate to finally do this that I'll be flying home to NY from Vancouver every month to see my doctor (I go to school in Canada but my insurance won't cover me doing accutane here). Prior to accutane I was on spironolactone. Combining that with a korean skincare routine (game changer!!!) and cutting dairy gave me my best skin, but it's serious effort. I love me some cheese and ice cream, and I was always having to up my dosage on the spiro. It's not a long term solution, as my skin always came back worse when I tried to ween off of it.

Anyways, after many failed attempts with timing, I am finally on accutane! I've just finished my first week, starting at a dosage of 30mg. As for side effects, obviously nothing much yet. At about day 5 I started to notice a little bit of dryness on my chin, and chapped lips. The morning of day 7 my lips were wrecked-big cracks and giant flakes that would easily be noticeable to a person passing by. Not too painful though. I started with vaseline, and just switched to aquaphor today. I doubt it will get any better, but worth it all in the end! Day 7 the dryness on my face has become a bit more noticeable to me, and is all around instead of just on my chin. Nothing too serious or noticeable to anyone but myself. My skincare routine includes:
First Cleanser- Banila Clean It Zero, removes all my makeup
Second Cleanser- Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam; it's a very gentle cleanser that I swear by. This and the Banila Clean It Zero have been game changers for me. I've had a few months where I've ran out and switched and my face seriously suffered without it.
Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil- I've only been using this since I've started accutane but many people have said it's done wonders for firmness/redness/acne scars.
Moisturizer- Cetaphil or Yes to Carrots Intense Hydration Night Cream; I've just started with the Cetaphil as it's mentioned on most accutane reviews, but I don't love it. Yes to Carrots has always been a great moisturizer, and just makes you feel fresh! Not sure how it will hold up against the potential intense dryness down the line, so we shall see.
*Normally I'd do a lot more, in terms of ampoules and essences and such, but am mainly focused on moisturizing right now. If anyone has any insight on using those kinds of things while on accutane, let me know!

Okay, long winded post done! Will post week two, and if anyone has any questions along the way, just let me know! Xx