Filling In. Newport Beach, CA

Hello, my name is Cash and I recently...

My name is Cash and I recently had a hair transplant performed by Dr. Meshkin and his staff. I have been experiencing hair loss now for about 10 years. I have been very proactive in my hair loss by further preventing loss by taking meds like propecia, minoxidil, permixon, hair lazer, and various shampoos and conditioners. Although all these products are still great and I continue to still use them, I wanted to fill in the hair that I had already lost and to lower my hairline to begin with. So I did research set up a consultation with Dr. Meshkin.
From the start, I was impressed by how Dr. Meshkin stuck to the facts and did not try to sell me anything. I have had countless consultations with laser hair therapists, product promotions, and hair transplant surgeons. During all those experiences everyone tried to sell me something and buy into their product by promising me that my hair would come back and that I wouldn't lose anymore. In my experience, if something ever sounds way too good to be true it is. No one can promise you that you will not lose any more hair. Dr. Meshkin does not do this. He is well educated in hair loss and knows what he's talking about. He was confident that the hair that he would take for my donor area would remain in place. He could not promise that I would not lose any more hair that was already previously there. He explained to me the differences of using FUE and strip method. After discussing my options with him, I had decided to go with the strip method. Dr. Meshkin was upfront in his price and never tried to pressure me into buying anything. He left me with the choice of doing so.
So now deciding to get my hair transplant I went to his office in Newport (he has consultation offices in Hollywood and Encino). It's a beautiful office with a beautiful staff. All of the RNs made sure that I could become most comfortable. You obviously need to take pain medication during the procedure, they do not however knock you the out. During the procedure I slept the entire time, remember that they did not knock me out. So if I can manage to sleep during the whole procedure I think that says enough and that it's pretty painless. Post and pre procedure instructions were very clear and I knew what I had to do. The entire staff made sure that I was OK before I left the office. I went home and remained comfortable. PS Notes: Being the procrastinator that I am, I was unable to pick up my meds prior to the procedure because I had to stay later for work that day. The doctor instruction to pick them up before the procedure. I was freaking out thinking that I had to have them. I tried calling the office but the office was closed. Anna one of the RNs, had left me her personal cell phone number. I reached out to her about 10pm the night before my surgery which was at 7:30 in the morning. She got back to me in that hour, and told me not to worry about anything and they could have the meds delivered to the office. That there shows that the staff cares about their patients individually.
The RN during my procedure was also very nice and personable. I don't know about you, but I can tell if someone's a good person just by the vibes they produce. I could tell she had a very good heart. I was at ease to have her help operate on me.
I do recommend that you take the pain meds as directed. Don't be like me and think you can tough it out. It's much harder to catch up than to keep the medication going (they also advise this ). During this time of uneasiness, I reached out to the doctors personal cell phone (which he gave me) and he told me what to do. I did as the doctor directed and felt fine. He also called me a few hours later to follow up. This further shows that the doctor and the staff really do care about their patients. So now you get to decide! I did read over some others peoples' reviews, most good but some bad however. Think for yourself when you're reading these and don't just believe what you read. If someone is mad because they did not get refunded that is ridiculous. You don't just get a procedure that costs thousands of dollars and get refunded. Also, many of the bad reviews I found did not even list a name or when the procedure was done.
I can honestly tell you that doctor Meshkin never promised anything that he could not keep. Any type of surgery is not going to be totally easy breezy. I can tell you that I'm happy I did this, that I would do it again and that I recommend you to do it as well.
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon