Dr. James Gordon's Drop'n'Lift Cure for Ptosis- So Happy I Did It!! - New York, NY

First, let me be clear this is NOT ptosis surgery,...

First, let me be clear this is NOT ptosis surgery, it's a completely NON-surgical revision of the ptosis by putting an eyedrop in your eye (I picked the heading "ptosis surgery" because RealSelf requires you to choose "procedure type" from a menu before you can post, and this was closest - I figure if you're looking at ptosis surgery you'd be open to a one-minute, non-surgical alternative that takes care of the problem :). I didn't want to go under the knife for this issue (I have a right-eye ptosis from birth, possibly due to a low forceps delivery), and I'm aware of the problems in the other eyelid that can develop after ptosis surgery, so often you're looking at 2 surgeries, not one. I saw on RealSelf about Dr. Gordon's Drop'n'Lift, and I was thrilled at the idea that you can do something temporary and easy to fix this. I wear contacts, I can put a drop in my eye :). I saw Dr. Gordon, who was pleasant and professional, and in minutes my eyelid was lifted to a normal height, and stayed there for 8 hours. I looked and felt great. I plan to use it for the occasional wedding, bar mitzvah, professional meeting, class reunion, etc. I understand the drops can be used every day, and some people do that, but I'm happy just to have it for special occasions, that meets my needs perfectly. It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Gordon and coordinator Mei-Ling, who were both warm and professional. I felt like I was in good hands with them. It was a great experience, and I'm happy I did it!
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

I was impressed with Dr. Gordon, who was both friendly and professional, and explained what I needed to know about putting in the drops on my own, aftercare, etc. I felt like he knew his stuff and cared about me as a person. Mei Ling was also great with the scheduling/logistics of getting to the office (I live about 3 hours away - it was worth the trip). I think in getting good health care (and especially in this arena) it's critical to find a doctor who doesn't do too much, and I was impressed by postings from other patients who gave Dr. Gordon carte blanche to do whatever with their faces (and had pre-approved insurance money to cover it), and he recommended either nothing (my memory is failing me a bit on the full details of the article) or just one minor injectable, saying she didn't need anything else. The doctor who puts his patient's best interests first is the one I want to see, and I did. :)