Kybella - Let's Get Rid of my Double Chin!! - New York, NY

I had my first Kybella treatment consisting of 3...

I had my first Kybella treatment consisting of 3 vials, done 3 days ago. I'm a newbie to facial injections/procedures so I was a bit worried about the expected injection pain, but it just felt like the area had been strongly iced (like ice-burn), totally manageable yet strange sensation. The area immediately became swollen, at least 3x bigger than my normal, and it's expected to continue swollen for at least one week (definitely preferable to do this during colder months to cover up swelling w/scarves, etc). I feel numbness, tightness, discomfort and it was difficult moving my neck/jaw & eating the initial 48hrs post...This has progressively improved a little each day since procedure, but swelling totally remains, even though I'm taking Arnica. From my convo with my doc, I don't expect to see much improvement from my before until after my 2nd treatment (in 6 weeks) so for now, I'm just trying to camouflage this huge bullfrog swollen quadruple-chin:/ I plan to have a total of 3 treatments, which I've pre-paid a "package" totaling $3k.
Despite my current swelling, I'm hopeful for future results, but very aware this is in deed a PROCESS and by no means a quick fix!

3wks after 1st treatment, less swelling, but still bigger than before treatment

So, over these past 3weeks, the swelling I experienced since right after getting the Kybella injections has slowly, but steadily reduced. However, I can certainly feel and see that my under-chin is still bigger than before the treatment (see pics), which makes me extra self-conscious when out in public, but I know that's a normal part of the process. The numbness and tenderness have just about subsided, and are now only mildly present.

Another annoying, and somewhat worrisome, effect that I've experienced is that my under chin/neck feels quite I can't tilt my head back all that much to raise my chin up towards the ceiling or to the sides, can't turn head/chin back over my shoulders because that range of motion is description might sound weird but it kinda feels as if there were a short tight rope from right under my chin in towards the neck, which doesn't allow me to stretch or stick out my chin. If any of you have experienced anything like this, I'd love to hear about it because this isn't an effect that I've heard or read kybella patients mentioning.

That's about all for now...hoping for the swelling to keep going down...have not been icing since after around day 10, also stopped taking Arnica (btw, thankfully I did not bruise so maybe taking Arnica did prevent bruising)... I also have not experienced those hard lumps that others have described. I'm struggling to increase my water intake, since I've heard and read that drinking lots of water helps the body process the fat 'melted' by Kybella out of the treated area. I am sooo not a water drinker, but I'm trying.

My 2nd Kybella treatment is scheduled for July 13th which would be 7weeks after the 1st treatment. Hoping that the swelling will be gone and that there's some improvement and definition by that date. Best wishes to all:)

Just got my 2nd round of Kybella

After my first round of Kybella back in May, I decided to hold off on additional sessions because the swelling post-injections was quite bad for me and it's much more difficult to cover up a swollen double chin during the hot summer months. Highly reccomend doing Kybella during cooler months for this reason:)

So, I had my 2nd Kybella session today (4months after 1st session).
The swelling from my first session went down in about 3weeks. I didn't notice much improvement in my double chin after 1st session and pretty muched looked the same as I did before getting the Kybella. I wasn't disappointed about this because I anticipated beforehand that it'll take multiple sessions before seeing noticeable improvements. Now with this 2nd round, I, again, received 3 vials of Kybella. As before, the area was marked and a temp tattoo grid was applied. There were 40-42 dots within the marked area. I didn't experience much discomfort during the injections themselves, but the warm soreness sensation immediately after...the area feels warm/heavy and I have the swollen bullfrog look under my chin..nothing that is unbearable, all to be expected! Oh the price we pay in the name of beauty!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing whether this 2nd session of Kybella actually reduces my double chin enough for me to actually notice improvement.