Breast Reduction (Through my Insurance) - New York

So Monday July 11th I had a consultation with Dr....

So Monday July 11th I had a consultation with Dr. Keith Blechman (in my network) here in NYC to discuss whether I was a good candidate for a medically necessary breast reduction. After a physical examination of my breasts, he did in fact think I wouldn't have any problem with insurance approving the procedure. Dr. Blechman was so welcoming and informative. He made me feel comfortable and confident in his ability to help me. After Dr. Blechman took some pictures as well as measurements, I spoke with his assistant who said she would get on sending my info to the insurance company right away. So I guess now it's just a waiting game. I have a pre-op appointment set up with him on August 15th, hopefully we get the approval by then. And as of right now my surgery is set for Sept 14th. (BTW I have United Healthcare, through the empire plan).

Restart Journey with Dr. Cangello (Insurance)

So I had my first consultation with Dr. Cangello today. After arriving I was given paper work to fill out and was asked for my ID and insurance card. When I was done filling out the paperwork the receptionist walked me thru the glass doors to Dr. Cangello's office. When the doc came in we went over my past and current health history (pregnancies, smoke/drink, surgeries, etc). After he was done with his notes he gave me a robe and told me to get undressed from the waist up. When he came back in the room he examined my breasts as well as took measurements and pics to submit to my insurance company. After we were done with that Dr. Cangello told me to wait in the waiting room for Amanda the patient coordinator to discuss the financial part of things. Amanda gave me a folder filled with information (pre and post-op checklist, meds and supps to avoid, scar care, etc). Also included in the information was the price for the procedure (not including the O.R. and the Anesthesiologist), that I would have to pay out of pocket if my insurance doesn't cover it. [SN: I was approved before with another surgeon a month ago. So I don't see why I wouldn't get approved with this surgeon.] Amanda was very enthusiastic and assured me that she would get my package to my insurance company righy away, and hopefully have a surgery date set for the end of Sept.

New York Plastic Surgeon