Schulman Doll coming soon :D!!!!!

I scheduled my consultation this week!!!! I am so...

I scheduled my consultation this week!!!! I am so freaking excited; I have been considering getting a bbl for about a year and a half now. I started doing research right around that time and I already know I want to get my procedure done with Dr. Matthew Schulman. I knew for sure I wanted to get my surgery done in NY, since this is where I live it'll just be much easier. Originally I wanted to go with Dr. Michael Jones, but upon further research and viewing before and afters, I feel like Dr. Schulman is the right DR for me. I havn't even met him yet and I already love his attitude. I follow him on instagram and on various occasions I have asked questions and he ALWAYS answers in a informative way. I booked my consult for November 11th. Since I have been doing research for such a long time, I have a list of questions I want to ask lol. I really don't mind waiting over a month to be seen since I don't plan on getting my surgery till June 2017... I just wanted to lock the date down. This is my first cosmetic procedure and I am very nervous, especially about the anesthesia. I've had bad experiences with anesthesia before. I had my wisdom teeth taken out on two separate occasions and was put to sleep both times and both times I fainted and ended up in the hospital! Anesthesia just makes me feel like shit lol. However, I got a colonoscopy performed under general anesthesia and I was fine, so I'm assuming it was the specific anesthesia that they used at the dentist's office. Whatever the case may be I am for sure going to let Dr. Schulman know about my concerns revolving that aspect.

Anywayyyy I am looking for an amazing transformation. I recently lost about 30 lbs and I like my results but I am 5'5'', 155lbs and have big breasts. My butt is not proportionate with my thighs/ rest of my body and it makes me feel self conscious. I work very hard and I feel I deserve this! I have a couple thousand saved up and I plan on paying half of the procedure on my consult day. I will be posting my feelings after I go my appointment and let all you guys know the details. Since it is my first procedure, if any of you ladies have any advice for me I would really appreciate it!
P.S. I will be uploading pictures soon

BBL Consult, Amazing Experience!

I can sum up my whole experience in one word AMAZING! Dr. Schulman and his staff are nothing short of great. I went yesterday for my consultation and I was impressed with everything. The office is neat, clean, and organized. The ladies at the front desk are very welcoming and thoroughly explained how the consultation was going to go. I have literally been stalking Dr. Schulman and his staff through snapchat and instagram for months lol I was super nervous going in. When I arrived at the office I walked over to the front desk and handed over my paperwork; they had emailed me the forms a few days prior which I found helpful to have that filled out beforehand. I don't remember the lady at the front desk's name but she was super knowledgeable. She handed me a FAQ sheet, it did actually have the answers to most of my questions. I was in the waiting area for about 10 minutes when Tammi (I believe is her name) came outside to get me. She introduced herself as the PA. She asked me a few questions prior to Dr. Schulman coming in. Once she was done with the questions she asked me to change into a robe and have a seat while the Dr. came in. When she handed me the robe I was so impressed; it was cloth! actual cloth lol I have gone to other consults where the robe was made out of rough paper. This was already a great sign. I changed into the robe and waited for about 4/5 minutes then Dr. Schulman came in. He was so personable and instantly made me feel comfortable. He started off by asking what it was that I was looking for. I loved that he validated all my statements. What I loved even more was that he was 100% honest with me. At no point in my interaction with him did I feel like he was being shady about anything; that's a feeling I have gotten from other doctors. I expressed to him my worries about being under general anesthesia. To make it clear for me to understand he put it like this; there's a greater chance of something happening to me in a car on the road than there is from general anesthesia. He also told me he has a anesthesiologist and registered nurse, as well as PA in the OR with a plan of action should anything go wrong. This made me feel so at ease! My next concern was regarding pain meds. I was very adamant about not wanting to take them because of the way they make me feel. He told me that I will most likely need them, at least for the first week. He did explain that there are other options when it come to pain meds; he mentioned dilaudid and how some patients do better on that than on other meds. I showed him my wish pics, he examined my body and explained what would be best for me. I really feel like he tailored everything to what is realistic for me and my body. Once the consult was over he asked me to get dressed and told me I would be meeting with the person who would review pricing with me. Unfortunately, I do not remember her name but she was also great. She helped me pick the perfect date and even helped me schedule my pre op consultation for May next year. She explained everything about fees and such. The total cost of my procedure is $14,300. It is a little over my budget, but honestly I love Dr. Schulman and I wouldn't want to get my procedure done with anyone else. Besides I freaking earned this! I graduate from college in June and this is my graduation gift to myself.

I booked my surg for June 6th 2017. After I met with her I sat back outside, and the patient coordinator Ashley explained how payment process would go. I paid 1/3 of my surgery the same day. Ashley explained to me that the full cost is due 3 weeks prior to the surgery date, which is fine. I received copies of everything I signed, as well as an invoice for my payment and the balance thats due. Also the consultation fee of $100 was discounted off my procedure cost which was great. I am so excited to FINALLY do something for myself. I know I chose the right team and cannot wait till next year!!!! I plan on uploading before pics soon.

Research, research and more research!

Hello ladies!!!! I'm back to update you guys about whats been going on with me. As my surgery date gets closer, I'm getting more and more nervous. I've been doing A LOT of research just to prepare myself for what is to come. I am really nervous about not ending up with the results I want. As I mentioned before, this is my first cosmetic procedure. I would appreciate any advice you ladies may have for me. As far as my contact with Dr. S's team, I am really satisfied. I like how the payment process is with them. I am paying my procedure in cash. My patient care coordinator Ashley is great. I know I can reach out to her should I have any issues with payment process. Anyway, now it's a waiting game. so excited!!!!

Wish Pics!

Hello Realself fam! I wanted to come on here and let you guys get an idea of the results that im looking for. I want a big booty with nice round hips and a tiny waist! I dont however want a ridiculously big butt. I want something that catches attention but not to the extent of nicki minaj lol My goal is not to look natural but not to look fake either, I want something somewherenin between
..a happy medium lol I'll be uploading before pics so guys can see what I currently look like as well as getting opinions as too whether the look I want is possible with my body type.

Disappointment

I am soooo disappointed with myself but first, ima give you some quick background info. I am 5'5 and currently 170lbs. I was at my heaviest last year at 185lbs. I was so depressed with just the thought that I was 15lbs away from 200 :/ How could I have let myself get to this point I thought. It hit me one day when I went to the doctor and saw that # on the scale smh That same night I singed up for the gym and immediately changed my eating habits.... and guess what?!?! I started losing weight (something that for a while I thought was impossible for me) I ended up at 150lbs yep I managed to lose 35lbs! I did great throughout the first half of 2016. I was keeping the weight off eating good going to the gym....then September came. I work full time go to school full time, AND I have an internship. As soon as the semester started in school I was overwhelmed with the amount of work that I had no time for the gym. I guess you can say I was making excuses, which might be true to some extent but nonetheless I was and still am very busy. When I went for my consultation back in November I was 160lbs. My Dr. told me not to gain or lose weight but rather maintain where I was at. The fact that he told me to not lose more weight I took as a ok I can treat myself every here and then but of course came the holidays -__- HOLY SHIT girls I gained 10 pounds from November 11th to today January 13th. I'm so disappointed in myself, I worked so hard to get all the weight off and now it's all creeping back. I know Dr.'s have the right to refuse to perform your surgery if your weight is not up to part. I have waited loing enough for this and I'll be petrified if I can't get it done because I gained too much weight. The good thing is my procedure is in June so I have about 5 months to loose all this weight. Even though my Dr. told me not to loose weight I realllyyyyyyy want to get down to at least 155lbs (He said a few lbs more or less is ok). I feel that the thinner I am the better I'll look after surgery but I also dont want to burn all the fat away and not have enough fat to put in my butt. So now the plan is to get back to the gym this Monday and begin my strict diet that day as well. It's really frustrating lol but hey at least I still have time to get back on track. I will keep you all posted. :)

Post op pics

Hello Ladies so as promised here are my post op pics. I took long putting them up because l have a lot of tattoos that I wanted to cover up. As you will be able to see from my pics I'm very top heavy. In the future I do want to go through with a reduction, but I wanted my booty first lol. I have no hips and a very square butt. As well as some back fat. For my results I would like more hipa than projection (I do want lots of projection) but my biggest concern is having nice round hips. During my consult I showed Dr. S my wish pics and he said he would try to get me as close as possible. He did point out that because I have a bigger body frame thab the girls in my pics my results would not be exact (this was something I already knew). One thing I loved during my consult was that while examining me he pulled my skin on my abdomen from the back and my waist was TINY! I told him that was exactly what I wanted. He also understood my concern with the dip on my hips. He said he would be able to fill that in and get my hips nice and round. He explained that in my case I do not need a tummy tuck as I do not have any skin that hangs, however he did point out that I might have some loose skin (he said that it depends on my bodys ability to "snap back" after the lipo) that was also something I already knew. He also mentiondd that the faja would be crucial for me to wear after surg to aid in that process. He ended by saying that in my case, he predicts that every bit of fat that gets taken out will be put back in. In the right places of course lol.

More Specifics on What I am Getting

After uploading my before pics I figured I should give more details on what it is that I am getting done. I am getting lipo 360, which includes lipo on my entire abdomen, flanks, upper and lower back and fat transfer to my butt. I am very satisfied as these are the areas where I carry most of my fat. I also carry my fat in my thighs but I love my thick thighs and would never want to lipo them. From the results I have seen from Dr. Schulman I am sure he can deliver the results I want. He told me he would bring my waist in as much as my ribs allowed him too. I am a bit concerned about my tattoos. I have many of them and most are located in the areas where he will be doing lipo. I dont mind if them shrink some but I dont want them to look distorted; when I go for my follow up consult in May right before my surgery, I will address this with him. Dr. S' office also offers a pre-op care package which includes everything one might need for aftercare. The package is about $380 (Dont have the surg folder with all the info in front of me so I cant say for sure, but it's right around that price range). I started looking and making calculations, it is much cheaper to purchase the package from his office rather than buy each item individually over the internet. The package from what I can remember includes arnica gel and some pills (dont remember the name) both of those help with bruising and swelling, a stage two garment, a boppy pillow and a couple of other items that I can't remember lol but in my opinion it's worth it. The price for the package is NOT INCLUDED in the $14300, that price is for the procedure only. Aside for the aftercare package and the procedure I am also getting one syringe of Juvederm ultra, that's going to be about $750. I have really prominent smile lines and slight crows feet around my eyes. It's annoying because makeup gets stuck in those lines no matter what I do, which makes me appear older than I am (I'm 25). I will be getting that done with Tami his physician assistant who is also amazing at what she does (I follow her on ig and snap). I follow Dr. Schulman on snap and I am addicted to viewing his posts lol I love that he shows the surgeries live and explains everything there is to know in preparation for surgery and after as well. He is opening to answering questions and I love that about him and his entire team. If there is any other questions you guys have I'll be happy to answer! :)

BBL PILLOW, LOOKING TO BUY

Hello ladies!! First off sorry I have been away for a while,I've been busy with school and work and life in general lol. I've still been logging in I just havnt updated. I'm coming on today to ask if anyone has a bbl pillow that they are no longer using and is willing to sell it to me. I'm thinking ahead and since Dr. Schulman recommends that his pt's do not sit for 6 weeks, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do it at work. I work in an office setting so I am in front of a computer the whole day which means I have to figure out a way to be able to sit without messing up the transplanted fat cells. I was looking online and those bbl pillows are EXPENSIVE AS HELL lol. I find it ridiculous to pay $100+shipping for an object that I will only use for a month or so. I know Dr. S sells them at his office, but if I'm not mistaken it comes in an aftercare package that's an extra $400 (not trying to pay for all the extra stuff) If anyone knows anyone selling one or a cheaper alternative please let me know. I have heard of women using boppy pillows, but I prefer the construction and discreetness of the bbl pillow. I am willing to pay on the spot through paypal or chase quickpay, or which ever way is easier.

So annoyed

Hello Ladies, I hope you all are doing very well. I havn't been updating often because I've been so busy, with my graduation coming up and stuff. I was sched to have my surgery on June 6th but due to the fact that my brother is getting married that weekend I decided it would be best to resch. I did not want to miss my brother's wedding because I'd be home recovering. I called yesterday to resch my surgery at a later point in the month of June and guess what they told me! They don't have anything available until July!!! I was so disappointed smh. I had my heart set on getting my surgery in June. I was so annoyed and seriously felt like crying when they told me lol now that I've had time to sit on the idea I've come to accept it (plus I have no other option lol) So it's set ladies Ill have to wait yet ANOTHER month to get my surgery. On a positive note I've been loosing weight :D! I am now at 165, I have to be 160 by my surgery date. I havnt really been dieting but I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I will be keeping you guys updated throughout my journey. XOXOXO
New York Plastic Surgeon