34, Mother of One, *BBL & Juvederm* - Nashville, TN

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had a consultation with Dr. Robbins in early...

I had a consultation with Dr. Robbins in early April. He is extremely personable, down-to-earth, and understood exactly what I wanted. Everything about him put me at ease. In my heart, I knew that I would choose him as my surgeon. I paid my deposit today, and booked my appointment for October.

I am 5'6'' and 240 Lbs. Although I am striving to live a healthier life, I was extremely happy that Dr. Robbins didn't require me to lose weight. I have always had an athletic, square-like build. I have "always" wanted hips and a more womanly shape since the early 90's. Jeans have never been flattering to my figure so I no longer own a pair.

So.........the areas that I will be getting treated are abs, flanks (sides & back), chin, and arms. I will try to add a few pre-op photos later. I'm so excited! RS ladies, thank you all for sharing your stories (good, bad, & the ugly) to help others. Your help has been greatly appreciated. ;-)

Photos

Photos (2nd attempt @ uploading)

Photos taken in early March 2015

Wish Pics.

Surgery Confirmation

Salome Faja

So, today I received a compression garment that I ordered through classicshapewear.com. I ordered the Salome faja 520 in a 5x. I was hoping that this would fit, however I'm pretty sure that I will be sending this back. I couldn't even get the straps over my shoulders--they do not adjust in length. By the time I forced one strap over my shoulder the garment was already half-way up my butt. So, this particular garment is going to be a "No-go" for me. Thankfully, I began my cg search 3 months before surgery instead of waiting until the last minute, and of course I just did it because I'm so excited that my date is getting closer. :-)

My surgery date is approaching and thinking of Juvederm for lips. . . . ?

Hey Dolls. I have been anxiously awaiting my surgery date while in the mean time doing school work and domestic responsibilities. I haven't been working out as much as I need because I just can't seem to find the time. There is always something else that I need to do and it sucks! I've got 2 more courses before earning a Bachelors degree so it has been crunch time for a very long time, Lol.

On another note, I've been thinking about adding Juvederm onto my surgery tab. Dr. Robbins just happen to be having a special on it for 550$. I have no experience with injections so I'm hoping to get a nice set of plump, yet unassuming, set of lips ;-)

Meals

My time is getting closer.....

So, one week from today is my pre-op. appointment. It is now less than 30 days until my surgery date. I am very excited and hope that my butt can take as much fat as possible! From what I've read, the amount of fat transferred relies heavily on skin elasticity. Has anyone thought or been told that your butt could not hold more than 800 cc's but it actually did? During my consultation Dr. Robbins said that he could "probably" get about 800 cc's in each cheek and 200 cc's in each hip. These numbers are pretty much standard but I want enough hips & butt to balance out these broad shoulders and huge boobs. My waist is very narrow and I can't stand being so top-heavy. I hope Dr. Robbins can help make my body more proportionate.

Pre-op appointment

So, yesterday I had my pre-op appointment and I was not expecting them to be so busy. My appointment was originally at 1 p.m. but I couldn't get there during that time. I called them an asked would it be okay if I were about half an hour late. They said its okay. My time-management skills were bad before I had a baby and now its horrible--it seems like I can never get anywhere on time. Well anyway, to make a long story short I was seen by a nurse and also Dr. Robbins. They both answered any questions I had, the nurse took pictures, and Dr. Robbins examined my donor sites. He informed me about where my incision sites would be---he keeps them within the panty line. Since I'll be getting inner thigh lipo. I told him that the fat between my thighs is jiggly. He said that its skin tissue and not fat. Hopefully he can give me a thigh gap though. Dr. Robbins said that he is going to spend a lot of time suctioning my back area and flanks. I know that I have a lot of visceral fat so I pray that he can make some sort of difference with this body of mine. I'll also be getting Juvederm Ultra Plus the day of surgery. So, he's going to focus on filling out my top lip first and then add the rest to my bottom lip. The nurse gave me two prescriptions to get filled one is for pain and the other is an antibiotic. Afterwards I paid the remaining balance and now I just wait until my surgery date. I'm so excited and happy that October has finally come!!!! Everyone in my family knows that I absolutely love this time of the year.

Last minute preparations

Hey ladies! So, I just spoke with the anesthesiologist. She asked a few routine questions regarding medical history and etc. My surgery date is nearing; only 4 days away from getting bbl and juvederm to upper & lower lips. I took down my pre. op. pictures a few weeks ago because I was going back an forth about doing this procedure and a culmination of other feelings. I guess I just didn't want anything to get in the way of completing my goal(s). I know how easy it is to become distracted and lose focus of the main objective. But I decided that I have worked very hard for the past two years and I deserve to do something for myself. I'll be graduating with a B.A. degree in March 2016, and I'm taking my final courses now.
Now, I just have to get my prescriptions filled, pick up a few other things for post-op. care, and make a foam roll (i.e. Arnica Montana, pineapples & pineapple juice, etc.) My husband will be taking care of me for a whole week so I want things to be as convenient as possible for him and myself. So, I plan to have my meals already prepared before surgery.

Well, Happy Healing Ladies!! I'll be on the other side soon!!

My stomach is so depressing. . .

This stomach doesn't look like its going anywhere. I have too much visceral fat--and no doctor can help with that. Like many of the ladies here, I'm just wondering how I'm going to look after all of this over. I guess nearly anything (within reason) will be better than the way my stomach looks now. I'm being realistic; I don't want a 10" in. waist because I know that it would never happen. I just hope that my lower extremities can become proportionate to these broad shoulders, big arms, and huge boobs. Lol. In the future, I want these breast implants taken out and get a BR. These babies have got to go and I can't wait for that day--whenever it will be.

So, here is an interesting find about apple cider vinegar: "Apple cider vinegar can improve the body’s utilization of iron, a nutrient that acts like firestarter for fuel. Iron is a key component in substances that carry oxygen to the cells and hold it there. Acids (like the acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar) help release iron in the food you eat and make it more available to be a building block for oxygen-carrying hemoglobin and oxygen-attracting myoglobin. Oxygen is as essential for burning energy in the body as it is for a fire to burn in a fireplace. It’s the ability of apple cider vinegar to increase iron utilization and energy consumption in the body that makes it such a supportive food for weight loss."
Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/healthy-eating-tips-tips/how-does-apple-cider-vinegar-work-to-help-you-lose-weight/#SwUqgQ6o9OM2KmJv.99

I'll see you ladies later! Have a blessed weekend!!

I made it "to the other side"

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to check in with you all. I had surgery yesterday. Dr. added 1200 cc's to each cheek. So, needless to say I am feeling a lot of pressure and tightness in my cheeks. He did an excellent job. Also my Juvederm looks really natural. My husband couldn't even tell that I had my lips done. Well, once I'm feeling better I will be sure to take and post pics. Its just so hard to move right now....

Thank you for your prayers Tawana. :-) Bless your heart.

Day of treatment pics

It was hard to stand up directly after surgery. Hubby was taking too long to take pic so I turned my body some in pic. I had to hold onto kitchen counter. Now i can't wait to shower.

Feeling better & adjusting

The first week of surgery required a lot of adjustments and I realized why so many women describe this journey as an emotional roller coaster. Just a few days after surgery I kept sweating from my forehead and feeling hot. I was turning on ceiling fans, AC, and even opened windows because I couldn't figure out why I was so hot. My husband touched me and said that my body wasn't hot but actually cold. During the nights I was urinating every single hour which was driving me crazy. I wasn't getting enough rest because of the frequent, hourly urinating. So we called Dr. Robbins on his cell number. He told us to start taking my temperature every 4 hours. My temperature was 96.4. The next day Dr. Robbins called in a prescription to treat a UTI. Since taking the meds. I have not had anymore chills and cold sweats. I don't know if the hourly urination was the process of diurese or if it was caused by a UTI. I'm just so happy that that phase is over. Now I am able to rest better during the nights.

Monday, October 26th was my 1 week post op. appointment. They took out the stitches and gave me another prescription for Percocet--so thankful for that. *I also wanted to add that Dr. Robbins also did liposuction to my mons pubis at no extra charge. He decided to do this as he was marking my body for surgery. I was so happy about that because after giving birth to my son that area has been fat.*

Yesterday, our family went for a neighborhood stroll and it felt absolutely amazing. The first week of surgery is the hardest due to so many bodily restrictions. I'm still sleeping on my stomach and, like many other dolls have said before, is really hard. My elbow is irritated from sliding out of the bed when I need to get up. My stomach is really tight and extremely hard to bend my abdomen to get out of bed. I'm still wearing the garment Dr. Robbins put me in after surgery and occasionally I will the binder they gave as well. Overall, I am extremely happy with my results. Dr. Robbins exceeded my realistic expectations. Although it is still early in recovery, I never expected my stomach to get this flat. It is truly amazing, Lol!

Stitches Removed & then Some

Ladies, I just wanted to update my profile to let you all know what's been going on before I forget. So, one week after surgery I had a follow-up appointment to remove my stitches. Well, when I got back home I noticed that there were still stitches on a couple of incision sites; I had no idea they were even there. The nurse practitioner who removed most of them (bless her heart) didn't know where all of them were and I tried to help her locate them to the best of my abilities. So, they wanted me to do another follow-up appointment at 3 weeks. I told them that I wouldn't be able to make that date because I would have had to drive and sit on my butt. I've tried driving a few times since surgery and it is very uncomfortable. They told me that it is protocol for me to do the 3-week follow-up but I'm not going to risk losing more fat cells just to keep up with protocol. Lol, I'm trying to retain as much fat as possible.

Today, I had my husband take me to an urgent care facility to get the rest of the stitches out. I informed the Dr. of three stitches that I know needed to be removed. He removed those stitches and also noticed two other stitches on my back thighs (I had no idea were even there). Before he left the room, I told him that there was a stitch that was cut by PS' nurse and I could still feel it. This stitch was located in the front just under my stomach. He said that the PS' nurse only cut the stitch and didn't take it out. Ladies, I feel so freakin good now that I've got all of the stitches out. Two of them were starting to get irritated and very painful. So, this doctor took out a total of 6 stitches for me today!

On another note, I intended to return the Salome faja vest that I ordered 3 months ago. But I missed my window of opportunity to exchange it for another product. Last night, I tried to put it on again and I finally did it!! I could not believe it. It took about 20 minutes to put it on and ladies the Salome fabric and quality is worth it.

Pics

Sorry for the poor quality rear-view pic. Its difficult to get a good back-shot.

6 week update

Hey dolls! It is so hard to take a picture of your own butt, lol. I took an old mirror out of the closet just to snap a good pic. So, I'm now 6 weeks post op. and I couldn't be happier. I'm now able to drive comfortably without any pillows and also sit on my butt. It feels different now because I have more fat in my butt, and there are still areas of my legs and stomach that are sensitive to touch. I use a boppy pillow when I'm sitting in the office and most times I'm still sitting on my upper thighs because I've been trained to do that now. There is one thing that I've noticed a couple times which is this shocking sensation within the transferred fat cells--I don't know what's going on there.

Well, ladies now I've got to usher my son into taking a nap. Otherwise he may never do it on his own. Xoxo, Happy healing Dolls!!

Comparison Pics

Ladies, this is my attempt at doing a side by side photo of before and after. Unfortunately, I haven't learned how to actually do a "side by side" yet, lol. So, I hope this will suffice until I learn how to do more with online tools. Feel free to help me out if you have any advice ;-)

Side by Side

Official side by side pics. . .
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Countless hours were spent researching prospective cosmetic surgeons between Tennessee and Florida. Doctor Robbins was recommended so I decided to consult with him. Afterwards, I knew that Chad Robbins was the doctor for me. I felt relieved that I had finally found the best-suited doctor to perform my procedure. He has exceeded all realistic expectations and I absolutely love my results! Dr. Robbins' staff are an exceptionally rare group of genuine, down-to-earth professionals.