30 Years Old - Gynecomastia - Procedure Date Set

I am 30 years old and have had gynecomastia for...

I am 30 years old and have had gynecomastia for much of my life. I was a heavy child and through my mid-teens. Over a summer, I lost a significant amount of weight, and saw a reduction in mass almost everywhere on my body, except for my chest.

Like many, I have avoided any activities that involve me taking off my shirt. I never went to the pool or beaches and always found a reason to keep covered. I never wear T-shirts or any clothing that couldn't hide my condition. I slouch my shoulders forward subconsciously to try and hide the condition too. This has started to affect my back and cause some discomfort.

I finally decided to get this procedure because I finally have the financial means to do it. If I was able to, I would have had this done much earlier in my life. I'm really hoping that I can finally be comfortable in my own skin.

I did not think of sharing my experience until I began researching surgeons and was looking for honest opinions of their work. I was surprised and reassured to see that others had the same condition and were looking for a solution. I hope that by sharing my story, before and after the operation, it will help someone else looking to make a decision.

My operation is scheduled for November 4th. I have my pre-op physical tomorrow, which should be the last doctor's visit I have before the surgery. I do not have any before photos of myself, but I will be sure to post them when I do.

Pre-Op Physical Next Day

The pre-op physical went well. No issues and I have been cleared for the operation. Now I'm just counting down the days until the surgery.

Both the pre-op physical and pre-op surgery visit gives lots of information about what to do in preparation for the surgery. They ask you to stop supplements and eat healthy before the operation. Nothing too crazy or out of the ordinary.

Recovery is about 6 weeks. They recommend not working out/hitting the gym or doing anything that causes stress or makes you sweat. Heat causes the body to swell up which may get in the way of healing. So, I'm trying to get all my workouts in now before I am forced to take 2 months off.

I have to call the plastic surgeon's office and finish paying for the operation. Besides that, just living my life, staying healthy and counting down the days!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon