35 Y/o with Two Kids Getting Ready for TT and Lipo of Flanks and Upper Abdomen. Michigan, MI

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've been struggling with loss and weight gain for...

I've been struggling with loss and weight gain for years ever since I had my kids. Even when I got down to my ideal weight and was doing kickboxing 6 days a week I couldn't get rid of my stomach. Things have changed a lot since then and I'm definitely not as active and I gained quite a bit of weight but in the last few months have lost about 30lbs. I'm dissapointed though that over the holidays and after quitting nicotine I have gained a few back :(. My surgery is in a week and a half and I have so many mixed emotions and thoughts! I know it will be worth it in the end because this is what I have wanted for long! The thought that keeps crossing my mind though is wondering if I'm still to overweight and it will look funny. I guess I'll find out soon enough. And I can't believe I'm actually posting pics! I never show my stomach ever! But I will be posting afters also.

5 days left

5 days away and I can't think of anything else! I just really hope I like the results and it's worth all the pain I have coming my way lol.

Got sick

I have two days and have a chest cold! I hope they don't reschedule it. I called them and they said it will be up to the anestegiologist ( know I spelled that one wrong) but they said generally if I have no fever I should be good. Just worried about coughing after the surgery. I guess I'll find out Wednesday morning.

1 more day

So tomorrow is the big day! Omg I'm scared!!! I do have a cold and am freaking out. I have been over dosing on vitamin c and starting my antibiotics so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone. So many thoughts going thru my head though. I wanted to lose at least 15 pounds by my surgery and because I quit nicotine I actually gained about 5. Ugh! So now I'm questioning whether I should even be getting it done. Also I've read so many stories on here and everyone is so different when it comes to how they felt after and there recovery I just don't know what to expect. I'm sure everything will be just fine I'm just freaking out a bit. I just hope I'm having with the results and it's worth all the pain and money.

this is it

The time is here. Wish me luck!

made it to the flat side!

Made it home. Finally starting to manage the pain a little. So glad I have my husband, mom, and daughter! Such big help for me. I feel bad for my husband though he's kinda freaking out . I did cough one time and wow! I will do anything in my power not to do that again.

day of tt

I have seen it yet without the cg but here's the first pic

don't know what to do!

I am coughing and wheezing so bad! I feel like I have ripped open my incision but I can't see it. There's no blood but from the inside it hurts so bad!

coughing

I won't ever be able to heal completely with this coughing. I'm so scared and in so much pain! I start feeling ok then I have another coughing attack. My husband tried calling the on call nurse and nobody answered. I feel like my stomach is going to burst.

1 week po

So last night was the first night I slept without waking up. Felt great! Thank god my coughing pretty much has stopped finally. A few coughs here and there but much better than it was. I can't stand straight yet it feels really tight at the incision and pulls a lot when I try. Feeling a a little discouraged because I feel I should be further along in my recovery than what I am. But I'm taking i one day at a time. My mom and my husband have been such great help to me don't know what I would do without them. Can't wait to be back to normal. I would post more pics but I am taped all up til see my doctor next week. But I can kind of see it and think I'll be happy. Really really swollen though

po day 9

I've had a really rough week and was really down in the dumps cried a lot yesterday. So many emotions and thoughts going thru my head. And I felt like I wasn't getting any better at all. I have been so swollen that I couldn't even tell I had anything done. Buy I woke up this morning after a good night's sleep (finally) and feel a lot better. Not as swollen and can move better. Still can't stand up straight though. One concern I have is that I have put out 120 ml from my drain tube. Is that normal? Just seems like a lot. Next week I will have all the tape removed and finally be able to see it. Kinda weird how all the doctors do it different. I see lots of pics on here with not much at all covering the incision and then there's mine that's covered from just under my breasts all the way down to my public area. One thing is though that I can see that t h e incision is low just like I wanted it. So I'm happy about that. So the goal today is to stay positive.

drainage

Anyone else have a reddish drainage come out of the incision about 10 days po?

12 days po

So I went to the drs today and had all the bandages taken off. And unfortunately from all the coughing I have some delayed healing. :/ he said everything else looks great and actually I feel a lot better today. But I am pretty disappointed in that. I knew all that coughing would do something. At least I know that smell and the oozing isn't an infection though. So that was good news. And now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have my drain tube in and still putting out 140 ml a day so I Wil go back next Monday and hopefully have that out.

a pic finally

po day 15

Feeling a little better everyday. Still have my drain but there's been half of what there was before so that's good. My incision where there is delayed healing seems to be healing ok and so does my belly button. I have a muscle on the right side of my belly button that feels like there's a tennis ball stuck there and it hurts!!e especially with the binder off. Hoping that week three will be much better.

26 days po

Ok so Wednesday is 4 weeks and I still have my drain tube. :/ the area where I have delayed healing is healing really good. So I'm happy about that. Finally got up the nerve to post pics of the incision

finally

So I'm finally feeling more myself. My muscles are not so tight that I feel like I can't move. Still feel swollen but not as bad. Don't think I'll have the drains out Thursday though. Grrr

face pics

When I first started this and put my nasty before pictures on here I said no way was I going to put my face on it and associate my face with my bare stomach because no never let anyone see my stomach. But now that I'm on here more and realize that were all here for the same reason I don't feel so bad. And I feel like I'm kinda getting to know some of u but how can u know me without seeing my face lol. So here it goes! Yikes!

more pics

Guess I am feeling god today lol

5 weeks po

So I got my drains out the other day so very excited about that! I started light exercise yesterday. I'm a little concerned about my lower stomach right above my incision being hard. It's rock hard. He said it will go away but how long? It looks huge and my stomach doesn't look flat. Anyone else have that problem?

swell hell!

The last couple days Ive been so swollen. Ugh I hate this tight feeling!

realself technical difficulties

Some of u might be wondering where I've been but I've been have problems with realself on my phone. I don't get a lot of messages for days after and when I get on a lot of the time it jumps all over the place and drives me insane. Lol so hopefully it gets worked out. I hope everyone is doing great.

frustrated with realself

If my posts and responses don't make sense it's because it's not posting them where there suppose to be.

swell hell!

I think I over did it in the last week or two. Been doing my elliptical everyday for an hour and weights also and today I look pregnant! Can't even suck it in. And I want to go down and get on it now but know I shouldn't ugh :/

loving my tummy

Even though I still have stretch marks I'm really happy with my stomach. Still feel some tightness and some pinching or burning after I work out and swell pretty bad in the evening but other than that everything seems good!

3 1/2 months po

Haven't posted a pic in a long time so I thought I would. Not much has changed but I'm pretty much healed just feel tightness now. Still trying to lose weight but not getting very far with it :/ so don't mind the rest of me lol

can't believe it's been over a year!

Well its been 13 months since my surgery! I can't believe how the time flew. I've been loving my new tummy and belly button! I did have some dog ears so I had them removed in November so that part of my scar is a little darker but it turned out pretty good. Pretty crazy how tight my stomach feels at times especially after a hard workout. I hope everyone is doing great!

2 years and 1month

It's been a long time since I've updated. I'm doing well besides gaining a few pounds (ugh!) due to me quitting smoking. I did however 4 weeks ago get a breast lift and I am very happy so far with the results. I'm still in the healing stage but I'm getting there. I hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you!
Lansing Plastic Surgeon