34 Yr Old Fit Healthy Male - Miami, FL

I'm pretty lean and work out 6 times a week but as...

I'm pretty lean and work out 6 times a week but as I've gotten older my face profile has become less defined - basically the area under the chin.

I've read up a lot on Kybella and also spoken to my UK Derm who is waiting for the product to be available in Europe. I have to say reading the reviews on here made me quite nervous for the pain but more so the swelling aspect which people are reporting takes weeks and weeks to resolve at all.

I had a consultation with a Dr in NY last week and decided that as I was heading to Miami for some sun I'd wait until the end of my trip to have the procedure.

I had it done yesterday afternoon by a Dr who was involved in the clinical trials and was surprised - Zero pain, Zero burning! Yes there was a bit of swelling due to the solution being injected but I got back to my hotel and iced it fot a bit and felt completely fine.

A few hours later I got on a flight from Miami to London (8hrs) and slept the whole way with no discomfort or additional swelling.

Yes the area under my chin is a bit puffy and tender and I am aware of it at certain times but not all the time. Its fine from front on its just side profile that you can see the swelling.

All in all fillers are far worse and botox injections are more uncomfortable at the time! I'm not sure why most people on here seem to freak out about the procedure and if you are considering having it I would just say find a Dr who is experienced in Kybella and not someone who has just started and all will be fine.

All that remains for me is to see how it works over the next month before my next treatment...

Day 2

Swelling has really gone down this morning - Back at the gym.

Still a little bit tender to touch and puffy but nothing to worry about

End of Day 2

Just home after a full day and having worked out properly this morning - hard cardio etc and feel totally fine...

Added some more photos but generally feels a bit puffy bit no discomfort - feels a little numb to touch but thats kind of it.

Think the swelling has reduced since day 1 but its only side profile thats annoying - from the front not very noticable. Think the Arnica patches the Dr gave me are also helping.

Day 4

End of day 4 now and swelling has more or less gone down and looking pretty normal again from side profile and front one.

Still slightly senstive to touch and feels liquididy - waiting for everything to harden up which is when the doctor said I can start massaging the area.

Glad I had the procedure and didn't only pay attention to everyone freaking out on here re pain and swelling.

1 Week

So one week on and still feel a bit numb in areas but its not bad at all and only notice when you touch the skin.

I definitely think the skin under my jaw has gotten tighter - in terms of fat and swelling - I'm back to where I was originally so hopefully now the fat will start to slowly reduce.

End of week 3

Now at the end of week 3 since my injections a Think definition is starting to kick in... Looking forward to getting to the 5-6 week mark so I can decide if another round is needed
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon