36 2 Kids Super Freaking Nervous!

I have my tummy tuck scheduled for nov 28th 2016! ...

I have my tummy tuck scheduled for nov 28th 2016! I have two daughters who are 11 and 9. I currently weigh 150 and I am sitting at around 19% body fat. I lift weights 6 days a week and do cardio sometimes LOL. I am active duty Air Force and no the military will not pay for any of my surgery nor will I get any free time off, I have to use my person leave for my recovery time. I am extremely nervous about the recovery because I will be doing it mostly by myself. I will post some before pictures in a few days.

Pics

Ok here are my before pics. I am 1 month away now! I'm so scared!

two weeks out

Well I just got back from a scuba diving trip to Roatan Honduras. Now I have two week before my surgery and reading peoples reviews makes me think I am not going to make it! I mean most of us have went through child birth so I know that we can handle pain, so hearing people say that they are in so much pain they can't handle it makes me so nervous! I already paid for my surgery so there is no backing out now, but holy crap I am scared!

1 week out

Ok well I have 1 week before my surgery! My being afraid has lessened, and my boyfriend already has a movie list for me to watch while I am healing. I am afraid I am going to feel cooped up just laying around watching movies all day. Does anyone feel cooped up or feel like they are being a lazy bum because of all the other things they think they should be doing instead? Or does your body just say "you need to lay down" and youre ok with it? I need to get all my Christmas shopping done this weekend because I don't think I am going to want to shop anytime after! How many weeks after surgery does most people want to get out of the house and start trying to walk around and do normal things?

5 days away

Luckily thanksgiving is tomorrow and I have so much stuff to keep my mind of my surgery that I am not even worried about it. The beginning of last week I was so sick to my stomach thinking about it and now I am fine. Looking forward to getting it over with so I can get on with my life. I have told anyone who asks what kind of surgery I am having, I don't care about what other people think, it's not their body or money. But oddly I haven't gotten anything negative from anyone (to my face at least) I am just so far past what other people think of me anymore. I am doing this for me, to be able to comfortable showing my mid section, and to feel sexy! I workout so hard and this area will never be fixed with working out. I also have lost my drive to workout this week. All I want to do is eat thanksgiving food and prep for surgery. Oh of course drink some wine ;) ha! Have a happy thanksgiving to everyone!

tomorrow is the day!

Holy cow I can't believe that tomorrow is the day! I feel so unprepared right now! I have all my meds and I bought a body pillow and a recliner for recovery. I need to go grocery shopping today for some stuff to eat for recovery. I know I need to eat high protein for healing, so I might do some meal prepping today and keep meals in my fridge for the week. I can't expect my boyfriend to make all my food for me! I didn't sleep well last night and I don't suppose I will sleep very well tonight either. I have to be at the surgery center at 615am for my surgery at 7am. At least it's early and even if I don't sleep then I don't have to worry about being tired surgery day. I guess I just don't know how well I am going to handle this, some people are doing great, and other people have big issues. I smoked for 16 years, but I have been quit for 3 months so I am really worried that will have an effect on my circulation for my skin healing. I am so scared of getting the dead skin thing. it looks so icky and painful!! I am not getting any lipo and he's not sure on muscle repair but i think i might need some near my belly button thats where i feel two finger separation. Ok i am just rambling because of my nerves.....

Last before pic

Update pic on how my skin hangs over as I sit. It will be gone tomorrow! And I added a pic of me and my boyfriend because no one posts face pics on here! lol

Made it to the flat side!

Alright ladies I made it out! They did have to do muscle repair so my surgery will have a longer recover time but in the end it will all be worth it!

First after pictures

Alright here are my after pictures! I think it looks good!

2 days post op

Well I am two days into my recovery and today was better than yesterday. I mean yesterday wasn't bad but sleeping and not moving for 4 hours made me super sore and stiff. Last night I wasn't that bad. We tightened my binder up so I bet that is why it feels better. I see what everyone says about the drains stinging, that is pretty much the only thing I can feel right now. I have dropped to 1/2 a norco every four hours and I am going to see i I can tolerate maybe getting off all pain pills tomorrow. I won't be getting my drain removed until monday at the earliest so 5 more days. I am starting to get bored with just sitting around I want to walk around and do dishes or fold laundry or something helpful....my boyfriend is helping me, but he just cleans up like once a day and it's not the way I do it. LOL yeah I have lived on my own for too long I have ways that I do things. I feel like i can stand up straight but my surgeon says i can't yet. I wonder if that is from the vertical scar. They told me to watch the corners of the vertical part and make sure it doesn't turn purple, I guess if anything goes wrong with healing, it's the old belly button that goes first. I can't wait to be able to look at it standing up and compare my before pics to my after pics. Like when I am sitting down in my recliner I have zero pain until I try to move around then it's just soreness not sharp pain or anything. I just hope I heal fast!

3rd day

Well today I have been fighting a headache and a sick tummy. I hadn't taken my pain meds in like 12 hours because I don't think I really need them for pain but maybe that gave me the headache, I have no idea. I am slightly dizzy today too. I walked next door and their damn dog jumped on me and hit right in my incision! I really hope it didn't do any internal damage! it feel hot right after the dog hit me. But As far as recovering today hasn't been the best day. I haven't really wanted to get off the recliner. I have one more full day with the boyfriend here then it's just me and my two girls for the weekend. Hopefully they will be ale to help me! My drainage has been about 25ml every 12 hours so I have awhile before I can get those bad boys out. Emotionally I am doing really well. My boyfriend has been amazing and supportive with everything! he's even sleeping in the living room with me because i can't sleep in my bed yet.

Day 3 picture

It felt so good to get out of my binder for just 10 min tonight! So I snapped a picture

Before and after!

Here is a side by side of my before and after!

Day 4

well today was easier than yesterday. I went to walmart for like 30 min and that made me really tired. then I had to help with dinner and now all I want to do is go to sleep. My pain is completely manageable, I haven't taken any pain pills since 1am last night. I did manage to tighten my binder by myself today laying on my bed. I think tomorrow I am going to attempt to sleep on my own bed, the BF is a firefighter so he won't be there so I can adjust the bed how i want it. the head and the feet move up and down. I made the mistake of eating some black beans today....gas central! but I did end up having my first BM today so thats a plus!! I am just anxious to get back to my normal routine, but i know it will still be a while. Emotionally I am still good, i feel bloated as all hell but its still better than what i looked like before!

more self sufficient

Today is 5 days PO. I am still enjoying being able to be lazy and watch TV without feeling guilty for my house being messy. LOL i did get out of the house and went to Walmart and Costco. I am still hunched over a bit but my give a crap factor of people looking at me walking funny is slim. It just felt good to get out of the house. I am not really having much back pain, I think its because I have been deadlifting and strengthening my back for the last year, I had a pretty good strength base. I adjusted my binder all by myself today it actually felt goo to take it off. My drains are slowing down so hopefully I won't have them much longer.
I fell asleep in my bed for a couple of hours today and it was nice! I think tonight I may try to sleep there all night. I have an adjustable head and feet bed thingy. I did have my kids help me out of bed this morning. I am sure I could have done it but they like helping mom out. I did take 1/2 a dose of pain pills twice today, they take my pain completely away so I figure while i can still take them i will, and I take a full dose before bed so I can sleep. My whole body gets stiff from sleeping in one position all night.

Frustrated

Well I had been fine emotionally for the last 5 days but today I have been nothing but bitchy. I stopped my pain meds and I have spent the last 2 days home alone with my two kids. I am just getting tired of being stuck at home doing nothing. I went to walmart for a few for a birthday present for my daughters friend and then back to my chair. It feels like I will never get better. I know it's only been a week but I want to be back to myself already! I want to sleep in my own bed. My kids are making a disaster of my house and i feel myself being crazy mom yelling at them to clean up after themselves. My pain is higher than it had been because i haven't taken any norco but i took some tylenol and it does help. I hope to go in and see my PS surgeon tomorrow and get a drain removed, but i have been doing a lot around the house today so Im sure that make me drain more. UGH

Not seeing doctor today :(

So I am 7 days PO today and I don't have an appointment to see the surgeon again.... My drain output has been less than 25 for the last 3 days so I was hoping when I called this morning with my output numbers they would at least give me another appointment to get the drains removed but apparently the only nurse that does it isn't in today. WTF?!?! If I don't get at least one drain out tomorrow I am going to throat punch someone.

I feel really good pain wise, I don't really hurt anywhere. They had told me to walk hunched over but I don't want to anymore so because they aren't giving me any more instructions i am going to do what i want as long as it doesn't hurt. Im walking upright and tonight I am going to sleep flat in my own damn bed. I did wash my own hair and washed my body, i still can't shower because of my drains but feeling clean makes me feel better. Im just getting restless and with me feeling better I want to do more, but i am not going to jeprodize me getting these drains out..... so I will still sit in my chair and do nothing....ugh.

I am grateful that i never had back pain during this process, I don't know if it's because I didn't have lipo or if I just had a strong base from powerlifting, but I would suggest that before you go have surgery, lift weights to get your base strong to be able to support your core since you can't use your core.

Stupid drains

Well I had hoped to get my drains pulled today because my output was less than 25ml for like 4 days but then i get a call and they don't pull them until they are less than 20ml in 24 hours! what the hell?!?! What was everyone else's levels when you got yours pulled?

One drain out tomorrow!

Ok I got the call and I get to take one drain out tomorrow! Wahoo! So I have one drain the is on top and one is on the bottom, I think that is different than most people who have one that drains the left of their body and the right. So my lower one is staying which is outputting like 5ml a day and they are taking the top one. I guess the theory is the bottom one will pick up per gravity any of the fluid that the top drain would have gotten. So we will see if after two days the lower one still drains low then they will take it to and I will be drain free and able to shower! I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I will take a picture tomorrow of my healing, it's healing really well and I am very happy with the incision.
Meridian Plastic Surgeon

So far Dr. Kramer is very professional and and answered all the questions that I had. He and his staff were very nice to deal with!