33yo Full Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift - Melbourne, AU

At the age of 15 I lost 43kgs in 6 months via diet...

At the age of 15 I lost 43kgs in 6 months via diet and extreme exercise. Unfortunately, that left me with loose skin *cries*. During my young adulthood I desperately wanted a tummy tuck to remove my loose skin and feel "normal", but it was financially not possible . I kept the weight off for 7 years, but with lifestyle changes and not being able to work out 2 hours a day any longer the weight crept back on. After years of trying to manage my weight unsuccessful, I happened upon a news story on TV while making tea at work, about intermittently fasting and decided to try 16 hour fasting only eating between 12PM-8PM. The fasting was easy, didn't feel like a diet and I had huge amounts of energy, even while fasting. After reaching my goal weight within 8 months and maintaing my weight for several months, I felt amazing and looked great clothed and everyone told me how good I looked, but when undressed the excess skin made me feel disgusting, like I was still obese and was a great source of embarrassment, so I decided to have it removed.

33 Days Post Op

Okay! I have finally plucked up the courage to photograph myself. After the operation I was quite swollen and wasn't prepared for how I'd look. For those thinking about the operation, you will go through a roller coaster of thoughts after the operation, such as "what have I done to myself", "it wasn't really that bad before", "I feel like Frankonstiens monster". But with time healing and looking at my before photos and remembering how much my skin hanged when bending over, I know I have made the right choice to have the operation. My stomach is still a little swollen and I'm not fully able to stand up straight, but I'm getting there. I do look in the mirror and feel my torso looks very short now, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Best thing I did!

I was surprised to learn you can hire hospital beds for home. Having the bed was the best thing I've had to help me during the recovery period. Every night I've had no issues sleeping or getting comfortable. WARNING! If you do get one, during your waking hours try and be as verticals as possible or sit in a chair. Unfortunately, I developed vertigo from lying down to much *cries* hopefully it goes away soon.

10 Weeks PO

It's been 10 weeks, I've been back at the gym for 4 weeks now and life is back to normal. All I have to worry about is scar management. I'm really pleased with the results. Initially I thought my belly button looked really high, but I think Dr Bloom put it in the right spot, I like it now :-)

6 Months Post Op

I'm 6 months post op, I couldn't be happier with the results. Dr Bloom has done an amazing job and I highly recommend him.

9 Months On

It's 9 months since my op, I'm really pleased with the results. Never thought I'd look this good. Kudos to Dr Bloom!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bloom and the staff at his clinic were amazing. After years of hiding my body, having to reveal myself for an examination and have my skin pinched , pulled And photographed didn't feel embarrassing at all. Dr Bloom was extremely friendly and professional and made me feel very comfortable and positive about the state of my body and what he could do for me. He answered the questions I had and even drew diagrams for me to explain what he would do during the operation. I am currently 4 weeks post op, I am extremely happy with the incision/scar lines, they are very straight and clean. Although I'm getting used to the new/natural position of my navel, the navel looks better than I ever imagined. I think he is an incredible surgeon and would recommend him to anyone.