Hair Transplant, FUE, Dr. Parsa Mohebi, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles

I started noticing that my hairline seemed to be...

I started noticing that my hairline seemed to be receding back in 2011. At the time, I didn't even know hair transplants were a thing, so I resorted to vitamins and shampoos and treatments to help "stop my hair loss" - to no avail. It wasn't until the summer of 2014 that I heard about the hair transplant procedure and of Dr. Mohebi, specifically. I went to my initial consultation with him knowing next to nothing about hair transplants, the surgery, etc. other than the bit of research I had done online. And one of the things I loved so much about Dr. Mohebi and his staff was that I left the consultation that day with enough knowledge that I could actually have a conversation with other people about hair transplants and explain the process to them. That's how patient and thorough and informative Dr. Mohebi was. The entire time I was in his office, I felt like I was talking to a mentor - not a surgeon in Beverly Hills (which is what I expected) and I never felt like he was trying to "sell" me anything or pressure me into a decision. We discussed the different types of procedures (FUE vs. FUT), the pros and cons of each, my family's history with hair loss, and even myths behind what causes hair loss. (Wearing a hat does not cause hair loss, come to find out.... Thank God.)

Needless to say, I ultimately had the surgery with Dr. Mohebi on July 31st of 2014 and even now, just 3 1/2 months out of the procedure, I'm convinced it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. My hairline has already changed dramatically - and keep in mind that the new hairs don't really start growing back in until the 3 month mark anyway. I can only imagine how my hairline will look at month 6, and 9, and 12.... And even up to the 18 month mark when the growth will have reached its full potential. I am beyond excited to be able to wash and style my hair without having to worry about whether or not my receding hairline is noticeable or not.

In all my 30 years of living and seeing doctors, I can say without reservation that this was the best medical experience I have ever had, hands down. The staff is top notch, kind, knowledgeable and patient, and the surgery/recovery itself was exactly what they had prepared me for. They were also available to answer any and all of my countless questions leading up to surgery and in the days and weeks following. ("How much is it going to hurt afterwards?" "Is this normal?" "Can I sleep flat on my back yet?")

Another thing I love about Dr. Mohebi is that he performs all of his surgeries himself. Additionally, he will not operate on more than one patient a day, so when you're having your surgery, you have his undivided attention. I believe this speaks great volumes of his integrity as a physician. There are many offices that do not do this and will take on as many patients as possible and have their technicians do the majority of the work, with the doctors bouncing from room to room "overseeing". You will not get this treatment with Dr. Mohebi. You'll get personal, one on one, hands on treatment from one of the top Hair Transplant Surgeons in the field. This was the deciding factor for me, as I knew I was placing myself (and my hairline) in very capable hands.

I seriously cannot recommend Dr. Mohebi and his staff enough. If you're considering a transplant, they should definitely be at the top of your list. He genuinely cares about the wellbeing of his patients and simply wants to serve as an instrument to helping you transform your hairline and your life. I believe good physicians whose heart is in their work are hard to come by, and Dr. Mohebi is definitely one of these doctors.

It's also important to note that Dr. Mohebi previously worked and trained with Dr. William Rassman, who is considered one of the top Hair Transplant pioneers in the industry. Furthermore, Dr. Mohebi continues to remain on the forefront of hair restoration surgery and, I believe, is at the top of his class. All of this, combined with the actual, real-life results you see in Dr. Mohebi's patients, was reason enough for me. Now that I've had the surgery and am starting to see the results, I'm glad to know that I made the right decision.

4 month update

I just reached the 4 month mark over the weekend, so I've officially got 1 month of growth under my belt. I couldn't be happier with the way things are progressing, and I'm really looking forward to months 6, 7, 8, 9, etc.... But for now, I'm thrilled with month 4. :)

Official 4.5 Month Update, Dr. Mohebi

Here are the official photos from Dr. Mohebi's office of my 4.5
month update. I like these better than the previous 4 month photos I posted
as the settings, lighting, camera, etc. are all the same as the pre-op
photos. Hoping to get official 6.5 month photos next week! The progress is
exciting.

Before and After (5 Months Post Surgery)

Here's a photo of me from back in March of 2013 compared with a photo of me from December of 2014, just 5 months after my transplant. You can see in the earlier photo just how thin and sparse the hair was in the front (and it was slowly getting worse and worse), compared with the much greater density in the later photo. Hoping this continues to improve even more.

7 1/2 Months After Hair Transplant

Just a quick selfie to update you guys on my hair transplant results. It's been a little over 7 months since my hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi, and I am thrilled with how everything is turning out. I can't begin to explain how nice it is to be able to fix my hair without having to worry about strategically placing the hairs in a certain direction so as to hide a receding hairline. I can get out of the shower, blow dry it, throw a little product in it and be good to go. Such a huge relief.

Shocking my barber

I got another haircut today, a little over 8 months since my hair transplant. My usual barber was out today, so another gal cut my hair. Towards the end of the haircut, I asked her if she could tell I had had a hair transplant. She was floored. She had absolutely no idea. She couldn't stop going on and on about how great and natural it looks and that even after knowing I had a transplant, she still couldn't see any negative signs of it. She's seen some horror stories in her career as a barber, and was beyond impressed with my results.

I don't think the reveal and the subsequent reaction will ever get old.... :)

Progression Collage up to Month 6

Here's a collage I made showing the progresion up to the 6 month mark.

Top Left: Day of surgery
Top Right: 2 months post-op, redness practically undetectable
Bottom Left: 4 1/2 months post-op
Bottom Right: 6 1/2 months post-op

Getting Summer Ready

Working on a new summer wardrobe to go with my new hairline... ;)

New Photo 10 months post-op

Here's a professional photo I had made showcasing my new hairline, taken approximately 10 months after the procedure. I must say that one of the simple pleasures I've had since getting my hair transplant is being able to run my fingers through my hair without exposing a receding hairline. (It's the little things.... )

One Year Followup with Dr. Mohebi

I recently had my one year followup with Dr. Mohebi and finally got my progression collage put together. I seriously couldn't be happier with the way everything has turned out. It's even inspired me to grow my hair out longer than I've ever had it before. Gonna see how long I can let it grow before it gets unmanageable and I get antsy. :)

Also, ignore the gray hairs, please. (Hello 30s!)

The photos are as follows:
Top Left: Before
Top Right: 4 Months
Bottom Left: 6 Months
Bottom Right: 12 Months

*** Profile and donor area views to follow.

Getting my hair "relaxed" next week.

I mentioned before about how the different hairdressers I go to have all been shocked to learn that I had a hair transplant, and they always proceed to ask me a million questions and go on and on about how impressed they are and how good they think it looks. Sooo.... the main stylist I go to has been gently encouraging me over the past couple months to take advantage of my new hairline and go for a brand new hairstyle by putting a chemical relaxer in my hair. Basically, it will take out the slight, natural wave that my hair has and give it a straighter, more textured look. I went back and forth with this, but finally decided to go through with it. My appointment is next week. What the heck. Life is short, and at the end of the day if it looks bad, it's just hair - it'll grow. ;)

Wish me luck.

(Someone tell me why I'm more hesitant about putting a relaxer in my hair than I was about the actual hair transplant.... ;) )
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr. Mohebi and his technicians who assisted him with the procedure greatly exceeded my expectations. They were kind, personable, knowledgeable, and professional, and most of all, I was confident that they knew what they were doing. From the initial consultation, to the surgery, to the followup visits, I always felt acknowledged by each and every single one of them and firmly believe that they have the best interests of their patients at heart. Dr. Mohebi and his staff are among the best in the field.