33 years old. Pre-op 32AA, getting 415cc, mod+ silicone unders

This isn't so much of a review yet. Just beginning...

This isn't so much of a review yet. Just beginning my story so I'm sure there will be more to come. I'm 32, 5'7", 127 pounds.

I just booked my consult with Dr. Hasell for August 17th!!!!! Can hardly contain myself. this has been a long awaited journey! I've wanted to do this since I was 17. I have been for 2 consults in the past but my finances always fall through. But I'm sure the "real" reason is that it just wasn't the right time. Now I am a mother of 2, and happily married to a wonderful man who is whole heartedly supportive of this decision and is excited that I'm excited. :)

Previously i was going to go to Dr. Hein in lethbridge but sadly a year after my consult he retired.

Then I found Dr.Hasell, I have read every review and comment I can find. I've followed every story, and looked at every photo that people have posted on RealSelf. Thank you to those who have done that, it really does make a difference in the decision making process. I am confident I've made the right decision, and OH MY GOODNESS I can't wait!!

I've always been VERY small chested, almost too small to fit in a bra... Specialty stores call it a double A. (What the heck is that?) so i wear the bras with the most possible padding I can find. I CANT wait to wear a nice lace bra without feeling like a 10 year old that got into her moms closet! My goal is to be somewhere around a C. I think I've decided on silicone, (based on other people's stories somewhere around 350-375CC's I would guess) but I'm not sure on the profile yet. I'll wait until my consult and see what Dr. Hasell suggests based on my goals.

I will post before pictures soon, I haven't taken any yet. But in the mean time. If there's anyone out there with a similar build to mine, with similar results, please feel free to share!

Gulp... Before pics. And wishes!

Oh the never ending turmoil!!

Ok so having too much time on your hands is not a good thing. Although prep and research are necessary. When you have possibly another year to wait, finding this web site is bad news. Lol!!!
I am pretty sure I've read every review from every person with "similar" stats to me, and now I'm stuck in a tornado of size confusion!!! Although a few CC's doesn't make a difference, I'm still REALLY torn.
Originally I thought 350cc, moderate profile. Well holy smokes was I wrong! (I think)
First off, I always thought high profile meant "up to your collar bone"... But i now know otherwise, and I think I want HP, for the narrower implant because although I like some side boob, I don't want lots, and from what I understand I'll need the HP to accomplish decent cleavage, seeing as I definitely can't make cleavage right now even if I use my hands... (Lol there's an image for you)
anyway.... I also never thought someone built like me could pull off 400(ish) CC's... But now that I've looked at a zillion reviews and photos, I realize that (and durrrr for not thinking about it before) but 400cc when you don't really have any existing breast tissue to start with, really isn't that big.... Sooooo now I'm thinking closer to 400cc for me. I know in the end I will leave it up to my PS... But I still want to have an "idea" ahead of time.

Also, thanks to all of you who have done such awesome reviews with tons of updates and photos! Anna1989 you made a really good point that I hadn't considered!!!! I decided to stop paying attention to bra size.... For one because no 2 stores are ever the same (VS seems to be completely out to lunch) but also depending on your rib cage changes the size of a C, or D or what ever cup. (Which I knew but never put it into context here) chances are when I think "I'd really like a nice full C cup"... The image in my head is probably more like a 34C, which is no where near the size of a 32C, it would likely translate to a 32D or even DD..... That was a really great "ah ha" moment... Thanks for that Anna!!!!

I ended up spending a considerable amount of time explaining this to my husband. Lol. When I first started the conversation he went "umm. I don't think the cup sizes changes depending on the rib cage measurement".... (Seriously, this is not my first bra experience in my life lol.)

So to anyone else explaining this seemingly baffling topic. It clicked for him when I said " if you have more inches around, chances are the space from right to left is wider...(uh huh) Typically the breast tissue takes up most of the space from right to left... So if you have more space, you have more breast width, thusly you'd need a bigger cup ". Hahaha. :) anyway. Sorry for rambling but I wanted to share that..

And some exciting news! I haven't come across many smokers on here. None that have said anything about it anyway (I suppose normally there would be no point) but for me there is!! I WAS a smoker for far too long, but have always vowed that I will quit smoking before I get my BA... Well it's official!!! I decided that I could save money a heck of a lot faster if I quit now. So even though it will Likely be a year before surgery time for me, (much to my dismay, but I also swore I wouldn't go into debt for boobs, although now that I'm all excited I could totally justify it lol) I quit smoking already!!! OFFICIALLY A NON SMOKER last Monday. (Giggity giggity) now I get to take my "smoking funds" and turn them into boob funds! (Much better investment)
Anyway. That's all for now. So if there's any other skinny minnis out there with 2 members of the itty bitty committee, who got 350-425cc Please feel free to say hello! :)

Calling Dr. Hasells girls!

Ok so here's a somewhat silly question. But when you go to your consult, is it best to print your "wish pics" so that they can keep them for reference or do you just show them to the PS from your phone or where ever they might be saved?
My printer at home sucks... I thought it would be weird to go to Walmart and print pictures of other people's boobs..Lol.

Name change

Sorry all... I'm that annoying person who just changed their name, and now I'll comment on things and you'll be like "ooh. A new person".... Nope. Lol. :)

Another question.

It's finally time for my consult!!! Woohoo! I have to be there at 10:30 tomorrow morning. Should I bring a bigger bra with me for trying sizers? It just dawned on my yesterday that I wasn't sure how that would work with my already teeny tiny bras. Lol.

FINALLY HAD MY CONSULT!

holy eff I'm so happy!!!! My consult was awesome. Dr Hasell is GREAT! As many people have said before, yes he does get right down to business. But he is very nice and friendly. After reading other people's reviews I was kind of expecting him to be a little blah and boring. But he really wasn't. Super nice guy. I was very comfortable. Even through the taking off my shirt and poking and prodding my boobs part. Lol even my husband said "wow... You handled that a lot better then I expected" haha.
I basically forgot all of the questions I was going to ask him, except my vehicle. I drive a standard SUV and he said it should be be an issue because my arms are down at my sides, above the shoulders is the problem. So as long as I'm off the pain meds he said my vehicle shouldn't be an issue.

Also!!!! For sooooooo many out there who have the same question. I've seen a ton of girls that have doctors that don't suggest massage and doctors that do. I knew going into my consult that my dr doesn't suggest it so I asked why.
Here goes!!! To end the never ending debate! Lol.
Under the muscle implants don't need to be massaged because the muscle is constantly massaging it as you move. The doctors that recommend massaging 2 or more times a day from now until the end of time, are usually referring to over the muscle implants. His own words were "if it's under the muscle they should NEVER be recommending massage". (Although I'm sure many still do) That makes me happy. I wasn't looking forward to having to do that for the rest of for ever, but I was also really torn because the recommendations from different doctors is sooooooo different. But I trust him, his reason makes perfect sense to me, and he's been doing this for over 20 years and often does 6 BA's a day... I'd say he probably knows what he's taking about. And the horrible death strap, he typically doesn't use except in extreme cases that are having a REALLY hard time shifting down. So yaay for that too! That strap doesn't sound fun at all.
Let's see. What else. Oh size! My current stats are 5'7 135 pounds 34AA BWD 13. I'm extatic, the first size I tried on was 375cc, mentor smooth round mod + which was pretty good, But then I tried 400 and it filled out the 36C bra I had on PERFECTLY. So that's what we decided on, he said he will out in 415 to make up for the under the muscle loss.
My husband was pretty quiet through it all, so finally driving home I was like "so do you have an opinion" he said "nope, they looked great. The size was perfect, I think they fit you really well, I was worried before because in my head a C seems really big, but once I saw it on you I realized it's not that big at all"... Woot woot!!! *happy dance*
I'm not gonna lie, before my consult I was pretty sure I wanted to be in the 375-400cc range but I wasn't sure if it would fit my frame and I was a little concerned my husband would think they were too big. But nope :D in my shirt they don't look THAT much bigger then they do now with my super mega ultra padded VS bra.. Bring on the burning of the bras party!!!! Without clothes however... Phew I bet that will take some adjusting haha.

Oh yah, something else that was awesome of dr. Hasell and how he runs his practice. There was no pressure what so ever. He didn't even ask when I was thinking about surgery, or if I wanted to move forward or anything. He said they are booking about 3 months in advance right now, and if we go home and talk and decide to move forward I can call back and start looking at dates as soon as tomorrow. That was great, the last consult I went to they immediately started looking into financing options and mentioned picking dates and such which seemed very presumptuous and pushy. I don't know my exact date yet, unfortunately won't be until probably next August but that's ok. Now that my consult is done I feel like it was one big step in the right direction, and for some reason 11 months doesn't seem SO bad. The 3 months I wanted from when I booked my consult until today went by insanely fast so I'm sure the waiting game until surgery time will too. anyway that's all for now!

Things are about to get real... FINALLY!!!

I've been MIA for almost a year because we had to put the boob plans on hold for a while... BUT they are back on track now! I'm calling Dr.Hasells office tomorrow to book my surgery. Eek!!! I'm hoping for sometime in November. October would be better because I don't feel like waiting an extra month haha. But I need to quit smoking first and that will be early August so I need a few months between quitting and going for surgery so my body has time to go back to normal. But I can't wait. All I can think about is boobs. My husband laughs at me because I'm constantly scrolling through RS reading stories and looking at pictures. He always like "haven't you looked at enough of those".... Uh no!!! Lol. At my consult we had decided on 400cc (but he would put in 415) mod+ profile. Since then I've flip flopped a lot on the profile, my Only worry with mod+ is that I would end up with a ton of side boob. Which I don't want. However I think HP would leave too much of a gap between them and that I DEFINITELY don't want, but I'll ask after I get everything booked. I played with rice sizers today (approximately 400cc) which was pretty fun I have to say :D, but I didn't have a great sports bra to do it with so I'll have to go get one and try again.. I want to do it with 450cc just to see what the difference would be (not much in guessing)..

The countdown begins! November 15!

I finally have a date!!!!! Almost exactly 4 months from today. November 15 will be booby day for me! :D :D now to start the fun part of nesting and collecting things for recovery!

Here's an embarrassing question.

Soooo. Anyone else's nipples do this when they bend over????? This is the WORST part about my itty bittys.. What the hell are my nipples doing? They decide when I bend over that they need to look at my arms. Wtf?!? But they don't point to the sides when I'm standing up straight.... I've been resisting posting this picture but I need to know who else is out there that is similar?... My fear is this.... Little imperfections, size differences and things of that nature are often more noticeable when you get a BA. So I am super worried that this malfunction will be 100 times worse.... Will my nipples still sit like this when I bend over when they are considerably larger? or will they somehow still sit in the middle like they are supposed to? I fully intend on asking my PS when I see him again but I figured I'd check here and see if anyone else has the same issue. I've only seen one other person on this site who posted a bent over picture like this who's nipples kinda did the same thing. Luckily they didn't continue to do that post BA... Anyone???

Need mentor profile/size help?

For anyone out there going through the never ending size debate I found this chart that was incredibly helpful for me because I was stuck between HP and mod+. I was worried mod+ would be too wide and so on and so forth. Anyway what I learned is this... For me personally, 400-425cc mod+ is the same diameter as my own BWD... So it won't be "too wide" for me... However, similar CC in HP would be narrower then my BWD, thusly resulting in a bigger space between them which I know I don't want.. In order for me to fill my BWD with HP I would need 500cc, I would have SUPER cleavage no doubt but I know 500cc is bigger then I want... Anyway, this helped clear that up for me. So if you're getting mentor implants and aren't sure on size check it out. If the link doesn't work, Google "mentor Implant size chart" it should be the second link that comes up.

Night lift bra? And first post op order! :)

Well I'm still 10 weeks pre-op but I'm just too excited so I made my first post op supply order yesterday :) :) I ordered a 12 inch wedge pillow..... Something funny about that.... I couldn't decide if I was going to bother getting one because We have lots of pillows at our house so I figured I could rig something that would be comfortable. But decided I would rather have one and not need it over not having one and wishing I did... So, I ordered it on amazon, and naturally I looked at the reviews and came across a review I hadn't considered that basically solidified the purchase . A guy says "although the wife and I don't use it for its "intended purpose".... We HIGHLY suggest Getting one"... LOL.. I hadn't considered the potential "adult" side of having a wedge pillow, but at least now I realize even if I don't use it post BA for sleeping purposes, it won't be a total waste of money. ;) haha. Needless to say, my husband was pretty ok with that idea too. Anyway, I also ordered some arnicare cream and tablets and some silicon scar sheets.

Next order of business.... Night lift bra??? Anyone with experience I need advice! I want to order one because I think the premise behind it is definitely valid and I don't want my implants in my armpits. But when do I order it? I feel like I should order it before my BA so that I can wear it as soon as I'm cleared to wear things like that. But I would be totally guessing on size... However, doing measurements right after my BA doesn't make sense to me either with all of the dropping and fluffing that needs to happen.. I looked at the size chart and according to that I THINK I'll be a 32DD!!! (Holy Hannah)... Does anyone have a rough guess on how much projection you lose going under the muscle??? My implants have a projection of 4.1cm.. My current projection is MAYBE an inch. So a little over 6 ish cm total. If I lose 1 cm projection on the implants then that would make me a DD but if I lose 2cm that takes it down to a D.... I'm confused. What do I do??? Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Anyway. I have a few other things to say. But I'll wait otherwise this post is going to be a novel. Cheers ladies!

AHH!! This was big week, Surgery date moved up. :D

Oh my goodness lots happened this week! Officially this passed Tuesday I quit smoking! for the like zillianth time, but I feel good and am super excited about it WOOHOO! (Now if only I could get my husband to quit with me)... My first amazon order with my arnica cream and tablets and wedge pillow and silicone strips got delivered and I bought my first recovery sports bra. I bought a medium, I hope it fits. The large looked VERY LARGE! And officially today we found out that my financing is finalized and approved!! omg.. everything has kind of been hanging in the balance for the last while because everything kept changing, so it wasn't actually REAL yet. I have the best friend in the whole entire world that came to my rescue... So without making a long story really long, mine and my husbands payment plans kept changing and falling through. My credit SUCKS, the money isn't an issue but the credit is. So my best friend offered to co sign for me :D that got approved today. THANK GOODNESS!!! now I can get excited. I have made a point to keep myself fairly in check for the last while, because I didn't want to be "too" disappointed if everything feel through again.. But now it looks like all is a go. (insert freak out here) oh and!! Peggy from my surgeons office called yesterday, they got their surgery calendar from the hospital yesterday and for some reason, the week that I was scheduled (November 15) they didn't get the Tuesday, which she thought was very strange and wasn't sure why. So instead we bumped it up 2 weeks!!!. November 4th is my big day. Holy cow thats going to be here fast.. Anyway thats all for now, I hope everyone is feeling good and healing well. <3

Telling my boss and kids!

So me getting my boobs done has never been a secret. My entire family and all my friends have known for YEARS that one day I will get them done. It's funny, one of my best friends is almost as excited as I am and when I asked her why, her response was "I have listened to you bitch about you boobs for half of my life....." Lol.... Anyway, now that the time is coming, I have a couple people I find it weird to tell and I don't know why... Namely my boss. I'm not a person that just won't say anything and hope no one notices.. Because let's get real, they are going to notice at some point... As if that's not more awkward then just saying something in the first place. And I'm not embarrassed about it or anything along those lines, and I really don't care what anyone thinks because I'm doing this for me and only me. I just don't know what to say to my boss. I don't want to just blurt out "I'm getting my boobs done" haha. That seems invasive. Do I go with "I'm going for an elective surgery"and the. Go from there.. At least that kind of eases into it..That's what I've had a few people suggest.. He's kinda old and pretty old school in a lot of ways, I think that's the Main Reason I find it weird. Anyone reading this, what did you say?.. Next is my kids, my daughter who is turning 14 has known for about a year that I wanted to get a BA, I just haven't told her that Its actually happening yet, she's easy to tell. But it's my son, he's turning 9 and I know I'm going to get this super confused "why would you do that" kind of response.. So that should be an interesting conversation. I'm not sure if he will drill me with confused questions or will get totally weirded out and chose not to talk about it. Haha but I'm pretty sure it will be one or the other..
I have made a point with my daughter to not get into all of the personal psychological reasons for wanting a BA. And the things like "I just want to be able to wear clothes and feel good in them, or feel good naked" and so on.... because I don't want to inflict my own beliefs on her. I hope she can grow up and just be happy the way she is, there are plenty of woman out there who have no issues being small chested and i hope she's one of them... She's built like me. Tall and thin and it's unlikely she will have much in the boob department. It's possible, but at this stage I doubt it, I hope that I don't get it in her head that she needs boobs to feel good about herself.. I won't tell them all the crap I went through growing up and even as an adult with people being assholes, and those things having an effect on a persons self image and self esteem. Because I don't want them to get it in their heads that girls "should have big boobs".. If that makes sense... D-day is coming quick, I'll have to have this chat soon! :) any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Weird pre-op boob-mares?

Well officially I've gotten close enough to surgery time that my brain thinks about boobs constantly all the time. And in my sleep it's decided to start finding weird things to dream about.... it's so silly I figured I'd share. Although I don't remember the dreams in total detail.. the other day I had a dream that I found out that the price I was quoted was actually in U.S. dollars because my doctors surgery center was across the boarder. And since the Canadian dollar is doing so shitty right now, it turned it into $11,000. (I'm in Calgary Alberta, so we are hours away from the nearest boarder) Hahaha. And then the second one just a couple nights ago... surgery day came and I realized that I never called the hospital to find out when my surgery was, and since I never called they cancelled my surgery!!!!
Why does the mind have to be like that. Why can't dreams be waking up from surgery having spectacular boobs with no franken boob and a 0 pain recovery? Anyway.. I just wanted to share the amusement. Happy healing/anticipating ladies. :)
Alberta Plastic Surgeon

So far all I know is what I've read about Dr. Hasell, but that has been nothing but fantastic. I spoke to Peggy on the phone today. She was really friendly and helpful. I will update more later as I have more experiences