Tummy Tuck After Liposuction and Fat Transfer That Left Me with a Botched Abdomen After Being Skinny and Fit.

I have been down a long plastic surgery road over...

I have been down a long plastic surgery road over the last year. I had to replace my breast implants do to them being older and one was capsulized. My past PS replaced 460cc saline with 700cc hp silicone. (he thought the old ones were bigger before the surgery) I wish he had at the time of surgery just put in smaller implants knowing that he was wrong about the size.
They were way to big for my 126 lb 5'5 frame. I had many problems with them. Rippling, indentations and they were very heavy on my neck. The PS said I needed to do a fat transfer to cover all the irregularities. This would be a much easier approach and "I would get used to them" I was hesitant, but at the time I trusted my doctor.
The fat transfer didn't take. The areas where the lipo fat transfer was taken from in my abdomen was left in horrible condition. I had lumps and bumps. A cobblestone effect.
I did not get use to them. The rippling and pulling in the center of my chest was horrible. Months later the PS replaced my implants with a more suitable size of 560cc uhp silicone. Three months after that he did a lipo revision of my abdomen.
Fast forward almost 5 months after that (now), my abdomen is in worse shape than ever.
I went back for a post op a month ago and he told me I would definitely need a tummy tuck now.
I was devastated! Having surgery after surgery, and countless amounts of surgery fees just to end up here.
I have had four children, 21 19 16 13. All with out any stretch marks, scars, or any loose skin. I prided myself on being fit, healthy and having a six pack at 40.
Now that I have been dealt these cards, I will have to deal with the outcome.
I have spoke to four board certified plastic surgeons all in which tell me that looking at my before pictures I did not need a tummy tuck, however I definitely do now. I have lack of support under my skin that should have never been taken away. I was to thin to have had a fat transfer or liposuction from my abdomen. Or any part of my body.
***I have found another doctor in La Jolla who I think is a wonderful doctor. I have done a lot of research on all the doctors I have seen. A tummy tuck at this point is my only option to ever have a nice looking abdomen again. I am nervous about the scar but confident in this new surgeons skills to do the best job possible in placement as well as in the whole process of the tummy tuck surgery and healing.
I am looking into the middle of October as my surgery date. I will take pics and document the process as I take this next step.
If you are thin I highly caution you to seek second options before doing any fat transfers or liposuction. It is not worth it to end up where am.

Before lipo/fat transfer I had a nice stomach. Pic of my disastrous abdomen after. Tummy tuck on Oct. 20th

Wish I would have never let the fat transfer or liposuction happen. It ruined my tummy! Now I need a tummy tuck. And all for nothing I ended up having to replace the implants and the transfer didn't take.

My Tummy tuck surgery is set.. Deposit made.. Count down to October 20th..

Time to hit the gym as much as possible and stay as healthy as possible.. Time to gather a list of things needed for pre and post surgery..

More before pictures. Very much looking forward to my liposuction revision. Pre Op is in one week! Surgery in 22 days :)

Tummy Tuck Surgery Preparation List. Anything and Everything you need for a tummy tuck

A list of most thing you may need for a tummy tuck:
Medications- Pain medication prescription from doctor , Antibiotics prescription, Motrin (anti-inflammatory) Nausea medication Prescription- Zofran
Get all Prescriptions filled in a timely manner!!! At least a week before or more.
Over the counter sleep medication or as Doctor for prescription
Cough drops- Halls
Fiber pills- Gummies are easy to get down
Peppermint- helps with nausea and heart burn
Vitamins- Oral vitamin C, Vitamin D, Multi Vitamin,
Pill case- weekly with breakfast, lunch, mid day and dinner compartments
Medication time chart- Pre make this or print one out on line.
Clock within view
Pad of paper and pen - Have Doctors number, Pharmacy Phone numbers as well as address on hand, Friends and Family phone numers in case someome else needs to make a call on your behalf ..
Dressing, bandages, gauze, antibiotic ointment
Antibacterial soap- Hibiclens
Topical Arnica- Gel has less of a sent
Oral Arnica
Elastic Bandage- Ace bandage
Adhesive tape
Heating Pad- ONLY for lower back if no liposuction on the area
Lots of Ice Packs
Body lotion
Hand lotion
Deodorant, Body spray,
Chap stick
Whisp- Throw away one time use toothbrushes to keep next to your bed
Moist Towelettes- Baby wipes
Box of tissues
Disinfectant wipes or spray
Nice smelling candle
Camera to document progress
Game boy or play station- coloring book, Activity book
Book to read- Book light
List of movies- netflix, DVD's
Buck- available for nausea
I pod with charger - Music
Computer- I pad with charger
Charge everything!!!
Fresh batteries in remotes
Flash light- for late night trips to the restroom or if you need to find something in the dark
Extra set of clean sheets
Baby water proof pads- to lay on bed so fluid doesnt ruin sheets/bed
Lots of Pillows- Back support pillow, body pillow
Lots of clean towels
Oversize Pajamas - Large supply since you'll live in them for a while. Easy button front, easy to go over head, Big over sized shirts.
Comfortable underwear sports bras - Soft material
Robe- Towel wrap with velcro or button
Slippers- Comfy socks too
Hair ties
Hand mirror
Supply of famine needs on hand just in case
Raised toilet seat- You can buy one from a pharmacy like CVS
Extra toilet paper next to toilet within reach
Protein is important in the healing process. Even if your'e vegan you know how to get your protein.
Bottle water (you should try to drink a gallon a day), protein water, coconut water for electrolytes,
Frozen healthy dinners for convenience
Prepared meals
Pudding, jello
Chopped Fruit, vegetables
Protein Shakes
Protein Bars
Protein snacks
Crackers, cookies vanilla waffers for nausea
Ginger ale or7/up- flat is usually best
A small supply of chocolate- Its good for the soul
You should try to have the items you want and or need a week or so before surgery and your food items within days
I also recommend a good house cleaning before, as well as the area where you will be resting and healing.

I will post a video and or pictures of all this. I will post it this weekend or Monday so everyone can see the things above..

Preparing for my tummy tuck

I want to be fully prepared so I started checking off the list. I'm 14 days away. My resting space and some things to make me comfortable

Some comfy lounge/pj's for after surgery

I found some super comfortable lounge pj's. I know I'll be living in this stuff for a bit. Besides my sweat pants and T shirts here's a few things I found that has very soft material!

These are the bottoms I took to my pre op. My doctor is pretty confident he can hide my scar under them.

Here are a pair of my bathing suit bottoms. I'm so excited that my NEW Dr is confident he can hide my tummy tuck scar under them. I may have a little vertical scar above where my old belly button once was. However I'd rather have my scar as low as possible and have a micro vertical scar. We shall see... Stay tuned for after pics

Post op for tummy tuck 2 weeks to go! To stay in La Jolla over night for post op next day or make the 2 hour trip home?

Went for my post op. Paid and ready to go. I got all my instructions and prescriptions. They want me to stay in La Jolla over night do to the 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive home, possibly in traffic.. Ugh I go in at 10:30 they said I'd be leaving around 5:30. Not a good time to be stuck in traffic in SD headed north bound. I will have a post op the next day around noon. Not sure if I want to stay in La Jolla or go home where I'd be more comfortable!?! Has anyone had a long drive after a tummy tuck?
I have two weeks to get prepared. I just need to get my family situated and organized. So excited yet nervous!

I've hear that its not safe to have your animals (cats) around you after surgery (Tummy Tuck) Has anyone heard this

I have two black cats. They are my 10 year old fur babies. Unlike my other four kids these guys still sleep with me and my husband.. Should I be concerned after my tummy tuck? I've heard animals, especially cats can be dangerous for healing? Is this true, of myth? They are clean. I will not clean their litter boxes after surgery. I also change the sheets regularly. I only let them on the comforter, I do not let them on the sheets.

Hotel booked for surgery in 3 days..

I'm getting nervous but I also making sure to be prepared. Which helps a ton! My husband and I are booked for a two night stay just to be safe. We don't want to get stuck in traffic. I live a hour and 15 mins away no traffic and 2-2 1/2 with traffic. (Traffic has become sooo bad here headed north) My surgery will be done around 5:30-6pm and that could potentially be a disaster. I have to be back early afternoon as well to see the doc so we're staying close. (5 min away). Then we will drive home after post op when there's no traffic.. wow it's getting close!!

I did it. Surgery was today! Things are going well.

Surgery was a success! I feel strong but wow it is painful. Im sleepless right now. Im staying on top of the pain with pain pills (plus stools softeners) My doctor is absolutely amazing. Dr Marin La Jolla. I knew right away he was the doctor for me!! I couldn't be happier with the scar placement. (well, from my markings and what I can see so far )
Dr Vincent Marin, the Nurses and staff went above expectations in everything they did for me today.
Dr Marin originally thought I may not need muscle repair but was also leaving the option open, so there were no surprises and I was prepared..
Once he got in there, I did need repair too to bottom. He did not rush and took great care. He did not charge me "extra fees" for this. He only said he wanted me to have the very best outcome. That he would do everything to do so. It was hard for me to even tell if I needed tightening, as I had a six pack prior, however I've also had four babies. And with that in most cases you do. So he just tighten things up in there a bit to make for the best outcome possible!

Dr Marin and the nurses as well as the anesthesiologist was so caring. I fell asleep talking about my husband, family, the beach and walking on it in my new fit body. I couldn't have been more comfortable. I'm also grateful they recommend a hotel as well! Good call on their part. Thank you thank you!