Mini Facelift Scheduled for Dec 1st

For the past couple of years I've noticed my face...

For the past couple of years I've noticed my face becoming more squarish and less heart shaped. I don't have a lot of sagging or loose skin yet, but I'm not happy with the more masculine shape my face is morphing into. I'm scheduled for a mini facelift on December 1st. I will also have lipo under my chin and around my jaw line.

I've considered this for a long time. I've had various fillers with various levels of satisfaction. At this point it just seems like fillers are a waste of money, especially since they have not given me te results I want. So, after multiple consultations I've decided to go for it. I'm so excited, yet unbelievably nervous.

Two days to go!!!

I got all my scripts (antibiotics, painkillers and such) and supplies today. I bought arnica gel and tablets. Hopefully that will keep me from bruising too bad. I also bought a travel pillow to help me sleep on my back. I think I'm good to go!

Mummified and on the other side

Well it's all done. I had my surgery at 8:00am. Everything went smoothly and now I'm home. I'm so happy to have it over with. Now, I just need to concentrate on healing and recuperating. I had general anesthesia, so I can't really say what the process was like, as I slept through the whole procedure.

Right now still feel really groggy and nauseous from the general anesthesia, but I'm not in pain, my ears do feel a bit tender, but not painful. I'll go back tomorrow to get the mummy wrap off. I can't wait to see what's going on underneath all this wrapping.

Head wrap off!

I got my head wrap off today. Thank goodness! My ears were swelling throughout the night and by morning that head wrap felt like a vice grip. I'm really swollen and tender, but not in much pain. day 3 is suppose to be when swelling is at its worst. I can't imagine being anymore swollen than I am right now. Yikes! I can't wait for the swelling to subside so I can see the final results. So far I really like what I see.

Day three

Well I've always heard day 3 and 4 are the worst days for swelling and I'm no exception. My head looks like a deformed potato and I'm starting to get a lovely bruise under my right eye. Most of my swelling is around my temples. I've been lucky not to have too much bruising so far.

I had a rough night last night, couldn't sleep and felt really naseous. Narcotic pain meds have never agreed with my system, so I'm sticking to ibuprofen from here on out. Although, despite not sleeping well, I've felt great today, more energy and less pain. So, there's that.

Good news is that I removed the chin strap today and I absolutely love my new jaw line. I'm very pleased with my results so far.
Matt Hlavacek

I'm beyond thrilled with my results. I must have gone to 6 or 7 consultations before meeting with Dr. Hlavacek. He was very detailed and professional. He understood exactly what I wanted. I'm a nervous person by nature, but I didn't even feel the least bit nervous on surgery day. Dr. Hlavacek spent a lot of time explaining the procedure and what I should expect. His staff was super nice and lovely. I would absolutely go back to Dr. Hlavacek for future procedures.