44 Year Old Woman in Need of Kybella. Irvine, CA

I got my first injection of Kybella today. I...

I got my first injection of Kybella today. I bought a Groupon because it was a really good price - $1000 for two vials. The dr put numbing cream on, waited 20 minutes then began the injections. The first injection did not hurt at all and I was thinking "yes, you got this...it's not going to hurt" lol boy was I wrong! The next few injections were somewhat painful as I felt a minor burning...then all of a sudden that side started hurting pretty bad. I held ice to it as the dr injected the other side. What was crazy is how quick it swells up! It nearly doubled in size. I had one injection site immediately bruise but I mostly had swelling and some redness. I went back to work and my friend noticed the swelling but said it didn't look too bad. It feels very sensitive to the touch - if I brush my neck the pain is almost like being shocked. I have a high tolerance for pain but I'm glad I only had one vial injected...mainly because I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and didn't know what to expect in regards to swelling or how high up the swelling may go. So far so good. I'm excited to see if it works - I have always had a double chin even when I was 118 pounds. I'm 5'5".

Day 3

Still very swollen...major Turkey neck and swelling.

Day 2

Extremely swollen, slight bruise but the bullfrog neck is in effect. Super embarrassing. I had to go to the dentist today and get my hair done so I felt super conscious. No dates for tonight that's for sure.

Day 4

First day back at work. Neck and chin are still swollen but better. I was going to try to wear a scarf to hide it but it just wasn't working. I still have a bruise.

Day 5

2nd day back at work. Still swollen but better and still slightly numb. I'm now experiencing an itchy neck.

Day 6

The swelling has gone down and I look more normal. I still am swollen and still have the one bruise, but I feel it is improving and I'm not as self-conscious today. My neck is still flabby looking, but I'm hoping that will tighten up.

Day 7

I'm still swollen, still have a bruise but it is much better. The fat pocket is still there - it is kind of hard but still flabby.

Day 8

I woke up today and my neck/chin hurt! It was really sore which is odd because it hasn't been sore for days. It's still swollen, still have the bruise but it is looking better. A few areas are still numb.

Day 9

I'm a little less sore than yesterday, but still bruised and slightly swollen. Still have droopy skin on my neck.

Day 10

Memorial Day. Less swollen, less bruised but feeling a little painful in the chin/neck area.
Dr Parvin Shafa