Sex Reassignment Surgery: Stage 1 Completed! - Idaho

The discomfort felt from my testicles had for...

The discomfort felt from my testicles had for several years bothered me....often preventing sleep. After considering options and timelines, rather than wait another year due to making time in work it seemed best to explore options. Knowing that my end goal was MTF Vaginoplasty, I hesitated having an orchiectomy to avoid any possible issues with scrotal skin which would be used to line my new vagina.

The pain finally made me look into the issue when scheduling my SRS and BA with Dr. Sanguan in Phuket, Thailand. Dr. Sanguan had promptly scheduled my SRS after reading my surgery referral letters from my two therapists. He assured me in writing that a mid-section incision for an orchiectomy would not be a problem during SRS.

After consulting my urologist (whose post-op MTF patients by Thai surgeons have what were described to me to me as looking natal and highly functional) there was no issue dealing with the pain by removing my offending balls. There was a growth on the left one which was determined to be non-cancerous yet continuing to increase in size as well as hurting more and more.

A week later I was recovering from the roughly 45 minute operation by the urologist and was the proud owner of an empty scrotal sack. Essentially, this procedure was the first stage of SRS. Being aware that activity should be confined and iced, I spent the rest of that day and the next in bed. Rising only to eat, hydrate, and pee. The pain was minimal due to the pain meds I was taking every 4 hours. Had to wear a jock strap for 5 days to support the incision from movement and used cotton pads to absorb any leaking blood. Then changed to a tight cotton panty which also helped the sack from moving when walking and working.

Eleven days later I am still not lifting anything over 10 pounds or taking part in other physical activities. Healing is going great and sleep has not been interrupted at all by the pain experienced before removal of my testicals.

Now looking forward to not taking the T blocker and hopefully will see even additional breast development and body feminization. So far can still get hard through masterbation, but takes considerably longer than before and even that may change over the next few months.

Bottom line is that it's definitely a good mental health step to have both balls gone. Not as worried about the next stage and final outcome, ready to complete my transition into a busty female.

Great compassion and understanding of physical pain and how needed to be treated consistent with transition and end goal of SRS. Took time to explain the entire process and what to expect short and long term.